Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Copying Posts (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/copying-posts-465625/)

badena202-04-2009 08:54 PM

Copying Posts

A lot of people don't do this, but sometimes I see copied posts. Like they just copied and pasted the same exact thing that another person said and used it as their own post for. . .
  • Post count
  • They couldn't come up with their own idea!
If you can't come up with an idea or post you could simply quote what the original poster, and say "I agree." And then you could add in your in two cents.
It is illegal to copy another's work without giving credit. That is why we use quotes. :) It is called plagerizing. Please don't plagerize.

Please give opinions. Thanks!

FunnyHoney02-04-2009 08:55 PM

Re: Copying Posts

People copy and paste their posts all the time in the "Hi my Name is Joe" section of the forum.

PrincessToeshoe02-04-2009 08:56 PM

Beautifully said!

Thank you for finally bringing this
to everyone's attention!

Very nice!

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~

Dogluver62002-04-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badena2 (Post 12854997)
A lot of people don't do this, but sometimes I see copied posts. Like they just copied and pasted the same exact thing that another person said and used it as their own post for. . .
  • Post count
  • They couldn't come up with their own idea!
If you can't come up with an idea or post you could simply quote what the original poster, and say "I agree." And then you could add in your in two cents.
It is illegal to copy another's work without giving credit. That is why we use quotes. :) It is called plagerizing. Please don't plagerize.

Please give opinions. Thanks!

Good point :) Once I had an idea I didn't think anyone else had, and then someone else posted something similar. I was sort of annoyed by that, but I'm sure that other people had similar thoughts about it.

badena202-04-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunnyHoney (Post 12855025)
People copy and paste their posts all the time in the "Hi my Name is Joe" section of the forum.

If WI allows it, then feel free to copy. I have never been in that section, so I am not sure. But, if those posts keep getting deleted, then that is probably why.:thumbup:

pup511502-04-2009 09:03 PM

yep, plagiarism, a very big no-no.

badena202-04-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogluver620 (Post 12855051)
Good point :) Once I had an idea I didn't think anyone else had, and then someone else posted something similar. I was sort of annoyed by that, but I'm sure that other people had similar thoughts about it.

That can be annoying. People do everyday things, and some are against the law. They just don't realize it. That is why it is good to read through the WI rules before joining. Don't just skip through it, and I bet that you will find something about plagerizing in there. :police:;)

smvmonkey02-04-2009 09:04 PM

Hi there Badena! I'd like to know some examples of what you have saw. I'm not doubting what you're saying, I just want to know. :)

Dogluver62002-04-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badena2 (Post 12855139)
That can be annoying. People do everyday things, and some are against the law. They just don't realize it. That is why it is good to read through the WI rules before joining. Don't just skip through it, and I bet that you will find something about plagerizing in there. :police:;)

Yeah, that's a good idea for new members. I mean, the member that did that didn't copy my post, but it was a similar idea. Sorry about the confusion!

badena202-04-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessToeshoe (Post 12855029)
Beautifully said!

Thank you for finally bringing this
to everyone's attention!

Very nice!

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~

Thanks! =) I have seen people say don't copy threads, but then again don't copy posts. ;)

---------- badena2 added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by smvmonkey (Post 12855148)
Hi there Badena! I'd like to know some examples of what you have saw. I'm not doubting what you're saying, I just want to know. :)

I see things here on WI and on other sites. I have even seen a person in my class copy and paste for their report! :O They got caught. but I see many of these things every day.