Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #21
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•
Webkinz :)
 
luvzfrogs's Avatar
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

The sad thing is that I'm realizing is that we have NO idea how long it'll take for Webkinz X to be up and all of these problems and glitches to be fixed. By the time they're all fixed by Ganz this site might be done for by then
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #22
Webkinz :)
 
tarayvonne's Avatar
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

Is this really a problem anymore when you can trade on the webkinz newz website? That's Ganz own fan site, and trading there is going beautifully for everyone I've talked to. I haven't been scammed yet there. I think people know who they're dealing with, and are afraid to make Ganz mad by actively scamming on their site where they are watching everything. I personally feel it's made trade here less important. I don't come here to trade, I come here to check insider information and chat. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The fact that this is a real chat forum with searchable results is important. If they ever go to that then I feel WI is in real trouble at that point.
tarayvonne is offline
Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #23
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted
 
mattyboo1's Avatar
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by tarayvonne
Is this really a problem anymore when you can trade on the webkinz newz website? That's Ganz own fan site, and trading there is going beautifully for everyone I've talked to. I haven't been scammed yet there. I think people know who they're dealing with, and are afraid to make Ganz mad by actively scamming on their site where they are watching everything. I personally feel it's made trade here less important. I don't come here to trade, I come here to check insider information and chat. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The fact that this is a real chat forum with searchable results is important. If they ever go to that then I feel WI is in real trouble at that point.
Honestly at this point in the timeline of webkinz world I kind of doubt Ganz is going to open up a real forum.
It's just sad though because the GE was such an integral part of this site in the past and it's what attracted so many people here. And I think they had a great system in place with the training and stuff, but I think some people thought it was too much work and didn't bother going through the training just for the trading access, but former trainees like myself know that the training helped us, those of us who were willing to go through the GTS were obviously dedicated to it, but not everyone had the time/patience to go through that, I almost feel like the rules got too strict.
Based on what I know from looking at the old threads is that at the beginning of this site the GE had almost no rules and they would make almost anyone gifted,
By the time I joined we had to go through the lengthy application process and though I think this is good I honestly think it was too much for some people and they just didn't want to deal with the long processes and got frustrated. I know myself who got denied 3 times it was really upsetting, but when I finally got accepted I was very excited.

But I think what people don't know yet is what is the reason that application were closed in the first place, lack of user interest? Forum inactivity? The gift coaches were stepping down? As far as I can recall I can't actually remember why they were closed in the first place.

The GE is a wonderful place and the gift coaches were AMAZING for volunteering so much of their precious time to WI and the Gift Exchange. But the GE is really almost dead now, we have I think 4 or 5 threads open now. New traders would really spice up the GE again and allow us existing gifted members to have more people To trade with, and if it can breathe new life into the GE again then I believe it's something that should be considered.

I just hope that something can be done about this in the future.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 08-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #24
gifted9
Gifted
 
gifted9's Avatar
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

Thank you MissGnomie for your reply, there is definitely much about the website that I don't know. I never meant to be accusatory and hope I didn't come off as such. I appreciate all that the staff do with limited resources, and I understand that your hands are tied and are doing the best with what you can work with.

AuntietoEW, I appreciate and understand your concern, but Desty, webkinz login, and luvzfrogs have a point. Webkinz has always been a glitchy game, which won't improve as long as Ganz continues to fail -- at least with Webkinz X, the broken/missing items are universal. I think the discussion should be held regardless of the extra-glitchy update, so that it can be integrated as fast as possible when the time is right. WI is already prone to technical issues and lack of updates -- without an incentive like the GE for new members, it'll die out fast.

Thanks mattyboo1 and robertcleveland for supporting my idea. Lots of good discussion happening in this thread, it's great to see so many current traders willing to help out.
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2015, 03:37 AM   #25
Webkinz :)
 
Lambchop77's Avatar
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

At this point I don't believe it's a great idea to keep a closed inclusive group, that only certain people can get in to. I think that actually was a turn off for this site for many people. No one is allowed to speak a word of trade, only the "special" people in the GE. That turned people away from WI, it didn't make them think WI provided a safe way to trade, it provided no way of trading for most members.

All this training etc.. Sorry I think that's silly. Have a forum, have some set rules. Only meeting in the trading rooms, no kinz post trades etc.. No one else is responsible for trades that didn't go the way you wanted them to. To be careful to what you are agreeing to trade. I think that should be fine, and probably the only way it's going to attract people here at this point. No one is going to want to come here and jump through a bunch of hoops just talk trade.
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #26
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted
 
mattyboo1's Avatar
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
At this point I don't believe it's a great idea to keep a closed inclusive group, that only certain people can get in to. I think that actually was a turn off for this site for many people. No one is allowed to speak a word of trade, only the "special" people in the GE. That turned people away from WI, it didn't make them think WI provided a safe way to trade, it provided no way of trading for most members.

All this training etc.. Sorry I think that's silly. Have a forum, have some set rules. Only meeting in the trading rooms, no kinz post trades etc.. No one else is responsible for trades that didn't go the way you wanted them to. To be careful to what you are agreeing to trade. I think that should be fine, and probably the only way it's going to attract people here at this point. No one is going to want to come here and jump through a bunch of hoops just talk trade.
The problem with this is since they took away the find my friends for kinzchat plus you cannot meet a specific person in the trading room.

I think at the time the GE worked for WI, but with the current state of webkinz world that system no longer works, and that's why we have this thread.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 08-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #27
send help
Webkinz :)
 
webkinz login's Avatar
webkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glory
webkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glory

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
At this point I don't believe it's a great idea to keep a closed inclusive group, that only certain people can get in to. I think that actually was a turn off for this site for many people. No one is allowed to speak a word of trade, only the "special" people in the GE. That turned people away from WI, it didn't make them think WI provided a safe way to trade, it provided no way of trading for most members.

All this training etc.. Sorry I think that's silly. Have a forum, have some set rules. Only meeting in the trading rooms, no kinz post trades etc.. No one else is responsible for trades that didn't go the way you wanted them to. To be careful to what you are agreeing to trade. I think that should be fine, and probably the only way it's going to attract people here at this point. No one is going to want to come here and jump through a bunch of hoops just talk trade.
When WI was at it's peak, the whole exclusiveness of the GE and extensive training is what kept it safe, and I felt actually drew people to join because of this. It prevented scammers (and hey, there were a lot when WW was the biggest thing) from getting into the GE and stealing items from unsuspecting minors. So overall, in its time the original idea for overprotectiveness for the GE wasn't a bad idea.

But WW has dwindled down a lot since then, so I do have to agree that to keep the same amount of overprotectiveness would be kinda silly. I find it very unlikely that someone would be interested in scamming minors today, as WW isn't a big thing anymore.
But that's not to say we should just allow open trading on here.
We should still keep the rule that you need 50 non-fluff posts to get in (prevents just anyone from coming in and joining, plus helps them get to know the forum better), as well as have an unlockable trading area for those accepted members.
I understand that mods and admins also can't go through every application, but some gift gurus and gifted members have offered to help out, and hey, if it's just going through a members posts to see if they're qualified, I'm pretty sure they can do that.
I think another thing we could add would be like an optional "trading lesson". Some people on here probably already know how to trade on here, gifted or not. (Like you just ask for an item someone has listed, offer an item they want, friend each other on WW, send over via KinzPost, and then leave a happy comment in their Giftz.) But of course not everyone might, so senior traders could help out newbies on a trading lesson thread.

And you're right, Lambchop, no one's gonna want to come here just to jump through a billion hoops just to trade.
webkinz login is offline
Old 08-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #28
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted
 
mattyboo1's Avatar
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz login
When WI was at it's peak, the whole exclusiveness of the GE and extensive training is what kept it safe, and I felt actually drew people to join because of this. It prevented scammers (and hey, there were a lot when WW was the biggest thing) from getting into the GE and stealing items from unsuspecting minors. So overall, in its time the original idea for overprotectiveness for the GE wasn't a bad idea.

But WW has dwindled down a lot since then, so I do have to agree that to keep the same amount of overprotectiveness would be kinda silly. I find it very unlikely that someone would be interested in scamming minors today, as WW isn't a big thing anymore.
But that's not to say we should just allow open trading on here.
We should still keep the rule that you need 50 non-fluff posts to get in (prevents just anyone from coming in and joining, plus helps them get to know the forum better), as well as have an unlockable trading area for those accepted members.
I understand that mods and admins also can't go through every application, but some gift gurus and gifted members have offered to help out, and hey, if it's just going through a members posts to see if they're qualified, I'm pretty sure they can do that.
I think another thing we could add would be like an optional "trading lesson". Some people on here probably already know how to trade on here, gifted or not. (Like you just ask for an item someone has listed, offer an item they want, friend each other on WW, send over via KinzPost, and then leave a happy comment in their Giftz.) But of course not everyone might, so senior traders could help out newbies on a trading lesson thread.

And you're right, Lambchop, no one's gonna want to come here just to jump through a billion hoops just to trade.
agreed
When the forum was at its peak the GE worked. But now the same system just wouldn't work anymore, but the question is is how would the new trading process affect the current gift exchange?
Some permissions would have to be changed like who could access the feedback system and who can view the Gift Exchange board.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 08-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #29
Gift Guru
 
katiepup's Avatar
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

I think the key here is to create some sort of "new" trading area/rules/whatever that goes along with WW and its many changes. Obviously, as we all know, WW isn't as big as it used to be (and it will probably never be at that level again) and not many members are floating around these forums anymore because of that. I think it's awesome that people are interested in trading again and wanting to go forward with finding a solution for both members and staff. Hopefully this may draw interest back to the forums and bring it back to life.

I agree with what webkinz login said about keeping the 50 post requirement and optional trading lesson, except I think that the trading lesson should be required in order to help the member learn more about what is expected of them and what will happen if they don't follow the rules. New members could be paired up with an experienced gifted/GG member (sort of like the GCs, but in more of a buddy system way) to show them around and help them open their GE, calculate values, etc.
katiepup is offline Female
Old 08-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #30
send help
Webkinz :)
 
webkinz login's Avatar
webkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glory
webkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glorywebkinz login is on the edge of glory

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by mattyboo1
agreed
When the forum was at its peak the GE worked. But now the same system just wouldn't work anymore, but the question is is how would the new trading process affect the current gift exchange?
Some permissions would have to be changed like who could access the feedback system and who can view the Gift Exchange board.
Forgive me if I'm wrong (I'm not actually a member of the GE), but can't you see the GE and access the feedback/Giftz system as soon as an admin promotes you to a gifted user? I think that should stay the same, since it does keep the GE safer.
Instead, just remove the lengthy training program (explained in my previous post)
I don't think the current GE would change much (though I don't exactly know what goes on there 100%), it would just be easier to get into the GE c:

View Post Originally Posted by katiepup
I think the key here is to create some sort of "new" trading area/rules/whatever that goes along with WW and its many changes. Obviously, as we all know, WW isn't as big as it used to be (and it will probably never be at that level again) and not many members are floating around these forums anymore because of that. I think it's awesome that people are interested in trading again and wanting to go forward with finding a solution for both members and staff. Hopefully this may draw interest back to the forums and bring it back to life.

I agree with what webkinz login said about keeping the 50 post requirement and optional trading lesson, except I think that the trading lesson should be required in order to help the member learn more about what is expected of them and what will happen if they don't follow the rules. New members could be paired up with an experienced gifted/GG member (sort of like the GCs, but in more of a buddy system way) to show them around and help them open their GE, calculate values, etc.
I don't see why a new trading area would be needed, since old threads automatically close (in case someone wanted to trade with a member who hasn't been online in like a year), unless the GE is actually a huge mess. (Once again, I have no idea what it even looks like). But new rules would definitely come in handy, especially if we end up making it easier to get into the GE than the past.
We could have a thread with all the rules, and maybe another one explaining the training process (this could cut back on newbies who don't know how to use the trading system).
I don't really think trading is that hard, unless it's actually super complex in the GE, and should come easily to some people. I've never traded WW items (lol I was never accepted here), but I have been a member of other trading websites and they've all been very straightforward.
webkinz login is offline
Closed

Tags
bring back trading :), save wi !, shellbellgotsatag!, wi the ghost town

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts