Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #101

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
<snip>

Look, I get what you are saying. It's not something that we are ignoring, and as I have mentioned 100 times before on these trading threads...when we have a firm solution, we will let you know. Some of the barriers to making it happen this week, or even this month: we would want to ensure that there are staff here to oversee the transition, the rules are clear and conscience, and the forum permissions are set up correctly, etc. This is a busy time of year for us all, and its not the ideal time for it to happen... lol.
I'm just pulling this up here. I popped in to check my inbox quickly, and wanted to address this (again) on the thread. We have never said that the barrier to changing the trading system is training itself, or building new sections, etc. The largest barrier to changing the system is time, and the time it requires to transition a system that has been in place for SO long. Peopler use to one set of rules, we have to reframe the context of trading on WI. That's not a quick and easy process. Sorry. Have to disagree with you all there.

And to be really honest I don't have the time, and I'm not prepared to drop everything in my life to change it for you all. Sorry, but that's just how it is right now. Too much going on in September and October to even consider working on a new trading system. You all can be like "But you're online here right now" Yeah, for a few minutes to check my inbox and deal with urgent issues. But I'm not here to change a system that has been in place for as long as I have been a member on this forum (September 2007).

You may all think it can be just thrown together, but it does take some planning. Even if we allowed open trading for everyone. And, if we went with what you suggested (applications) it still requires an administrator to change the rank after reviewing applications. Even if we didn't have applications it would require an administrator to change the rank, or to edit the programming software to do it automatically (which I would have to investigate, I'm not sure I could do that).

So... As I have repeated from the very beginning. I just don't have the freaking time to do it. Nobody is doing this to see the site die, or to kill it, or whatever you think. It's very frustrating that those accusations are still being thrown around. My gosh, if you think we don't care at all why do I (or any other staff member) ever check in here?

With that, I appreciate your input on a few options for the gifted, but I think it's time to close this thread. The conversation has come full circle, and it's just getting people frustrated (myself included) when I get sent links, PMs, or whatever, with these passive-egressive comments that I am not doing enough or don't care enough about traders. I have enough on my plate right now, and I'd like to think that we all know that is not productive to any conversation. we'll let you know when we've made some progress on the matter. As, I will remind people, we have always said we would. I've been 100% upfront and honest with you all, but it just doesn't seem to be good enough.

We'll keep note of the productive suggestions here, thanks for those who tried to keep it in that direction. It was a great opportunity to explain why we haven't gone in a specific direction, and your feedback was appreciated on the ideas we did share.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Closed

Tags
bring back trading :), save wi !, shellbellgotsatag!, wi the ghost town