Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
nannypuppy
Webkinz :)

Starmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Conversing Trades on WI

I recently created a help forum wondering if there was any place to talk about trading on this website, seeing as there is a trade value guide and everything it would seem necessary to have a place to talk with some good people and find the things you need faster.

Here is the forum this took place on: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nsider-802605/

It seems there are others interested in a place where you can discuss trades also.

I personally would like to see just something small allowed, similar to the Webkinz trade forums which are currently broken... A thread created either by a staff member or a trusted WI member that would allow users to find people to trade with. Of course in these forums there would be safety rules like the following:
  1. Only conduct trades in the Webkinz trading room, trades through the Kinzpost are not allowed here.
  2. Only trade virtual tradeable items, codes and other Webkinz merchandise trades are not allowed here.
  3. Do not scam people, if you're found scamming you'll be ban from these forums and your username will be added to the blacklist.
  4. Be nice to one another!
Some simple easy to follow rules for peoples safety.

With the current status of WW, being glitchy, laggy and the KinzChat Plus rooms filled with people not there to trade it's become very difficult to find the items you need. Having a small easy to manage feature like this would be very VERY helpful.

I hope you consider allowing something like this, thank you!
Starmytes is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #2

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Re: Conversing Trades on WI

We’ve never ruled out creating an alternative way to allow trading on WI. What we have not done is given a timeline or firm commitment on this project. Why? Because it requires time and a plan to transition a site with a long history of protected trading through the Gift Exchange.

We’ve had sooooo many requests for open trading. The reason we haven’t transitioned to this is a.) it requires a complete re-write of the forum rules, and b.) there are some consequences that members may not understand to this idea. We had open trading in Free Realms Insider, and it was fine - most days - but it also experienced a lot of scamming some weeks.

So, If the forum does transition to more ‘open’ trading rules, we will not be able to ensure any safety in the trading (we had a reasonable safety net created through the gift exchange application process and training) and all trades would be done at your own risk. What does that mean? It means that if we transitioned trading could be done here, but the staff could NOT ‘correct’ any trades that went astray. People would be banned if reasonable evidence was given to suggest something wrong had happened but apart from that… we (the staff) could not interfere with the trades that took place. Including if the trades appeared ‘unfair’ to others, because it would have to be agreed to by both parties.

An alternative trading method to the gift exchange is on our list of things to consider. But it requires time and a commitment that our team just doesn’t have right now. We have to make a decision on how we want to transition the trading on WI, and I’m not convinced that open free-for-all in trading is the way to go. Not after we have held up a reputation of ‘safe’ trading here on WI for so long. Open trading has its advantages, sure, but there are many disadvantages that the staff could not correct.

And frankly, I’m not in the mood to be held accountable for every foul trade that happens because we were forced into making a rapid decision.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 08-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #3

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I totally understand that the staff members don't want to be held responsible for things like bad trades on WW, but what if the particular section here was simply to meet people in the trading rooms with an already agreed upon trade set up in a specified chat section here? (like they do on Webkinz Newz forum section) They would still have to go through the trading rooms, and never the 'send it to me' way of trading. Just a way to chat here and agree on meeting that other member at a specified time.
The staff here could put up a notice of 'TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK' and have a disclaimer clearly posted.
That way mods and admins here would not have to deal with it at all. It would be just to meet up in Webkinz World.

To be honest, I don't even trade.. LOL but there are a lot of members here who would totally get into this. And it would probably help to add more members to join WI.

Last edited by Desty; 08-10-2015 at 08:31 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 08-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!
robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!

What about a quick training, class if You have a coach willing to oversee, and volunteer Gurus to trade and train , with limited trade items like the training was, with an admin or coach to oversee any problems, It could be a good compromise , and all of the learning and training the gifted Gurus and coaches did will not go to waste.

I notice many Gurus are still active, I'm willing to take the time to help trainees , and I think many of the still active GG's will also be willing to help. I think the GG's can take some of the workload off of the coaches, some may also want to coach.

The GE is one of the shining stars of what's great about WI, and should be saved.

I have always appreciated all of the hard work of the staff and coaches , the volunteers here, I want to help if I can, I don't think I'm alone, Let us help if we can.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 08-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

I'm not a guru or anything, but I'm still gifted and I would also be wiing to help train people, I probably wouldnt be able to be a full time gift coach or anything but I could definitely help out.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 08-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

I agree with MissGnomie in that the addition of a free-for-all trading program on WI would be an unmanageable change for our current situation. I also think it would create a divide on WI of "open forum traders" and "GE traders" -- hostility is not something we want.

However, I see how this could work in harmony with robertcleveland's idea of crowdsourced training for the GE: What if the TGE were open to everyone? Aspiring GE members would trade in there with each other, while those of us who have already been through the closed TGE program would guide, watch, and advise. If a trainee seemed ready to move up, members of the GE could serve as a sort of jury to give their verdict, but a Coach, Mod, or Admin would have the final say as the "judge." I'm not a Guru, but I have over six years of GE experience under my belt; I would be very much willing to help out if it meant the revival of the GE.

I understand that when the GE was new, it had such lenient requirements that there might as well not have been any. I've seen the GE threads made in 2007; they're positively chaotic compared to post-TGE threads. However, with both WW and WI way past their glory days, it's time to rethink something that was as integral as our GE once was. Webkinz is no longer a fad; there is a much higher proportion of serious and adult players than there was back then.

It would have been a ridiculous suggestion five years ago, but I truly think that crowdsourcing training is the way to go now. The site is already moving in that direction: the WIki is completely composed of member contributions, the WIGEV is now crowdsourced, and even forum moderation relies heavily on user-submitted red flags.

There are many activities in real life that have no official governing body: for example, recreational scuba diving is not covered by any national or international law. I am legally allowed to buy a tank and regulator from eBay and a plane ticket to Nova Scotia to check out all their sick shipwrecks without any training whatsoever. I can't do this, though, because no dive boat, all of which are independently operated, would be willing to take me out to sea without any training. There are no official training benchmarks, either -- there is literally a Wikipedia page listing notable dive certification organisations, all of which have different schools of thought, yet are recognised all over the world. The most dangerous hobby I can think of is almost completely self-regulated. Why not WI's GE?

Last edited by gifted9; 08-11-2015 at 12:57 AM..
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #7

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I like the ideas here.
I think the bottom line is; WI can 'protect' the GE into oblivion or loosen up the rules a bit and adapt to the changes that WI has had the last couple years.

I think everyone would hate to see nothing happen. The status quo of the trading here is hurting the site.
Opening it up would generate activity. Just put a disclaimer and the responsibility is on the people trading. (just like it is in Webkinz World)
Desty is offline Female
Old 08-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #8

jemkinz is a WI addict!
jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!jemkinz is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I agree. It would add a "plus" to WI. I feel so bad people don't come here that much anymore. Trading would help and "at your own risk" seems reasonable.
MissGnomie, I truly understand your reluctance to use even more time, energy and frustration with WI.
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 08-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
nannypuppy

Starmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond repute

Welp... I appreciate all the replies and it's nice to see that I'm not along with this. I also understand no one wants to be responsible for a trade gone wrong.

I'm currently working on a ****** blog where people can post what they're looking for and what they have for trade, along with a list of rules to follow, posting instructions and a blacklist. Using a nice Animal Crossing trading theme meant for trading. As a test for free trading, it will be ready today and I'll leave an update in a few days.

If this goes well perhaps it would give some hope for a trading system here!
Starmytes is offline Female
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I think there are some fantastic ideas on this thread

I do get that the admins/mods don't want to be held responsible for bad trades and don't want to deal with that because it'd be a big jumbled up mess. But maybe the ideas of the Gift Gurus could help teach trainees. With trading I think it could make WI more active and get people more involved. Of course, there's a chance it might not work, but I think it'd be a good idea to try
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back trading :), save wi !, shellbellgotsatag!, wi the ghost town