Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

kinz kid 8.2 is on a distinguished road

Default Contest Hosting

I made a post about this in a Prizes and Contests Galore section, but no one seems to have read it. So here is my post in a place where everyone can read it.

I don't think this is really fair because I know there are probaly a lot of members who really want to host contests, and can't because they aren't gifted. I think that there should be 2 options: If youre gifted you can send the prizes yourself. If you aren't, then you can send the prizes to whaere ever people used to send them.

K K 8.2
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Contest Hosting

I think that could be a good idea, but the problem is, non Gifted members (Webkinz members) could say they have something, and don't. So if someone does win one of their contests, and they say, for example, that the grand prize is a Submarine POTM, the package with the gift might not even be sent to the person who's supposed to send it to the winner. With Gifted members, it's easier to "trust" them.

That's a great idea though!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

I guess that is what makes being Gifted so special !!

Here is hoping we get to be there someday soon !!
funkyc63 is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

We used to have the contest section set up so that any member who wanted to could host a contest. The problem was that many, many contests were posted and then abandoned. Either the members forgot they'd posted them, decided they didn't want to host the contest after all, or, they never had any intention of giving a prize. Members would continue posting entries, but no one would ever get a prize. The staff was taking WAY too much time each day to sort out all of the problems.

The solution was to make it so that members could only give food prizes for their contests. That way, if something went wrong with the contest, it was easy to correct because the prizes aren't very valuable and easily replaced.

Many members still wanted to host contests for prizes other than food, so we decided to allow members with the title of "Gifted" to host contests in the "Prizes Galore" section. Each one of those contests must be approved before it is posted, and it is monitored by a member of the staff. If one of those contest hosts doesn't follow through with the contest, they risk losing their Gifted status.

I hope you understand that these restrictions are in place to ensure that everything in the contest section runs smoothly. The current set-up has been working very well for over a year now, and, because we know what happens without those restrictions, I think things are going to stay this way in the future.

--FIA
FIA is offline Female
Closed