Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Consistent Rule Enforcement

Wendy, it says you have chosen not to receive PM's, so I am unable to PM you.
CanesFan is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
Wendy, it says you have chosen not to receive PM's, so I am unable to PM you.
Should be fixed now.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #23
katt †
Webkinz :)

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

I have to say I agree. I see lots of trade talk out of the GE.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #24
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by cloverpuppy10

Flag it
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #25
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
Oh, Copious, in my opinion, truer words were never spoken!!!!

Yes, it is time consuming to moderate these posts, and I do sincerely applaud the efforts that the Mods put forth, but they all need to apply the rules the same across the board for everyone. My problem with inequality is the fact that most times, the posts about "See what I got" or "I finally got so and so for so and so" or "That pet tried to scam me. I put up so and so, and they expected me to trade that for food", come from "Gift trainees, Gifted, or Gift Gurus". Now why are they allowed to post things like that? I thought that to be "Gifted" they needed to "swear" that they would not post fluff or anything detrimental to the rules and regulations of . They should be setting examples for the rest of us, but they seem to "skate by" more times than not. I see this frequently, and it upsets me that there are so many inconsistancies. The rule should be the rule. If has a "NO trade talk" policy, then "NO trade talk" should be the policy, No IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS, regardless of who is doing the posting.
As a Gift Trainee myself, I also thought that this kind of thing was against the rules. I have never posted anything regarding any items I've traded for others and have no intentions of ever doing so. I also don't like seeing people who are supposed to be the "example setters" being allowed to "skate by" as you put it. If anything, we GTs, Gifted, and Gift Gurus should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one. Thank you for bringing this up!
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by cloverpuppy10
If you see two similar posts that break rules, and a staff member has dealt with one and not the other, odds are that we simply didn't see the second post.

We count on our members to let us know when they see rules being broken. If you see someone posting something that they shouldn't, please red-flag it for a staff member to review.
FIA is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #27
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

I was under the impression that this site was being actively, rather than passively monitored. When I allowed my kids to join this site and post it was because I believed that moderators who had passed a background check were actively working to make this a safe site, rather than depending on the members to police the site and alert the moderators.

Is the site being actively monitored? Are the people named at the bottom of the different forums actually moderating it with any sort of predictably, or is the moderation just hit and miss? I'm asking that as a concerned parent. I do actively monitor what my children say and their PMs, VMs so I'm not asking you to mother them. I just want to know what level of moderation there is. I'm sure that I'm not the only parent who has allowed their child to be a member here because we believe the site is being actively monitored. I'm not expecting perfection or for someone to read every message posted here. I'm not the kind who believes that ANY website is 100% perfectly safe, which is why I also monitor my children but I was expecting something more than moderators who rely on the members to police the site.

I've asked these questions several times now and I still have not received an answer. Four moderators have answered this post but none have given me the clarification that I have been seeking. Is that because no one really knows the answer or is it because no one is wants me to know the answers? Maybe there is something to it that I'm missing entirely.

It's four simple questions. At the most they would require twelve keystrokes to answer if they are all "yes" answers. It could be done in as little as eight keystrokes if the answer to each is "no".

Is it trade talk to talk about getting scammed?

Is it trade talk to say that you got something special in a trade without saying what you traded for it?

Is it trade talk to discuss item values according to the guide provided by WI?

Is it trade talk to say that a person has traded high value items for low value items without mentioning the items that were traded?

I'm not even looking for an apology or to have my message republished. I'm not looking to trick anyone or embarrass anyone, I simply want to have a clear answer. If it's this difficult for the moderators to answer these questions how are the members suppose to know the answers?

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
If you see two similar posts that break rules, and a staff member has dealt with one and not the other, odds are that we simply didn't see the second post.

We count on our members to let us know when they see rules being broken. If you see someone posting something that they shouldn't, please red-flag it for a staff member to review.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #28
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was under the impression that this site was being actively, rather than passively monitored. When I allowed my kids to join this site and post it was because I believed that moderators who had passed a background check were actively working to make this a safe site, rather than depending on the members to police the site and alert the moderators.
Wow. That is totally not what I meant. We do actively monitor the site. What I meant was that if someone sees something they think needs to be dealt with that they should notify a member of the staff.

As far as Trade Talk, when the trade rooms were first introduced in Webkinz World, we didn't have any rule about this, obviously, but we quickly realized that some sort of rule needed to be put into place. We were getting flooded with reports of members trying to report unfair trading in the Clubhouse. Since we don't have any authority to say what people trade for in Webkinz World, we decided on a "hands off" policy. How you negotiate trades in Webkinz World is between you and Ganz.

Quote:
Is it trade talk to talk about getting scammed?
It is fine to talk about getting scammed, as long as you don't indicate what was traded for what. If someone tried to convince you that an item was something different from what it really was, that's info that is useful to our members.

Quote:
Is it trade talk to say that you got something special in a trade without saying what you traded for it?
It is fine to say that you got something fantastic in a Clubhouse trade. We just don't want to know what you traded to get it. Maybe it was fair, maybe it wasn't. Either way, that's between you and the person you traded with. We don't want to have to discuss it here.

Quote:
Is it trade talk to discuss item values according to the guide provided by WI?
It's fine to point out what the WIGEV has as a value for an item, but if the discussion starts getting into what is a fair trade for what, we don't want it here on WI. Inside of the Gift Exchange we have a "Fair Gift Exchange Policy" that helps define what is and what is not a "fair" trade here on Webkinz Insider. If someone is trading off of WI, those rules don't apply, and, again, we don't want to get involved in that discussion.

Quote:
Is it trade talk to say that a person has traded high value items for low value items without mentioning the items that were traded?
I'd have to say that it's not OK. We don't want to debate whether or not a trade is fair. The rules for what is and what is not fair vary widely from site to site. If someone traded a high value item for a low value item, and there's some discussion to be had about that, the discussion should happen in the place where the trade took place, not here on WI.
FIA is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #29
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

THANK YOU! That goes a long way towards helping people who want to stay within the rules to accomplish that goal.

You wrote: Wow. That is totally not what I meant. We do actively monitor the site. What I meant was that if someone sees something they think needs to be dealt with that they should notify a member of the staff.

Thank you for clearing that up without taking offense. I'm relieved to read what you wrote. Maybe I read the other message in a way other than what you intended.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #30
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way

Thank you, FIA, for posting the answers to the questions
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed