Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

Default Re: Consistent Rule Enforcement

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
But, every once in awhile, I get a PM from a staff member saying that it is perfectly okay to post your childrens' ages.
CanesFan - Please PM me with the information on the staff member that told you it was okay to post ages. Because that is really, really not okay.

I'm surprised to hear that happened and look forward to further details from you within the next 24 hours.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #12
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
CanesFan - Please PM me with the information on the staff member that told you it was okay to post ages. Because that is really, really not okay.

I'm surprised to hear that happened and look forward to further details from you within the next 24 hours.

I'll start looking; however, when I lost my II status a few weeks ago, I had to delete 90% of my inbox in order for it not to be 100% full. I'll check to see if I still have it. I think I remember who it was, though.

EDIT: Out of the 55 in my inbox, that is not one of them. As I said before, though, I am pretty confident on who it was. I'm heading out to work, but will PM you as soon as I get home, which will be around 4PM.

Last edited by CanesFan; 04-20-2010 at 06:25 AM..
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
Webkinz :)
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thank you to everyone for contributing and making their points without making enemies.

Canesfan, you summed it all up in one small sentence: "The staff here is wonderful, but I think it would be wonderful if everyone was on the same page. "

I cannot think of one moderator who I believe is trying to be unfair, heavy-handed or too light-handed with the rules, it's just that they are all moderating with their own interpretation of the rules, which makes it luck of the draw that runs the forum rather than a clear set of rules. If the moderators cannot agree what does and does not constitute a rule violation how can the members understand what is and is not a violation? If it confuses me and I'm an intelligent adult it must be really confusing for children who are trying to navigate the forums.

In the long run consistent moderation will make it easier to moderate. How many of us adults have experience with children who ask Dad after mom say no (or the other way round)? Perhaps it's not our children who do that but someone elses children. It creates a lot of chaos in a home when parents aren't on the same page when it comes to discipline. Mom says no friends can come over unless your grades are up, but dad doesn't think a C is a bad grade. Sometimes the child can get away with things, other times they can't. Rather than respecting the rules the children constantly push, looking for boundaries and trying to figure out what they can and can't do. If the rules are enforced consistently the child will learn and respect them much more quickly.

Desty, you wrote: I think a lot of these situations have to do with the motive of the person posting it. For instance; "Look what I got!" is different than "Look what I have". One is sort of just celebrating a great addition to their collection, and the other is advertising. I can see how this could be really difficult to moderate because you have to sort of make a judgement call on the poster's intention.

You are probably correct. It comes down to the moderators opinion of the post and that's what's making the moderation so sporadic. If there was a real guideline, rather than moderators doing their very best to make judgment calls about intentions we would have a clear rule that is enforced consistently no matter which moderator reads the post and no matter who posts it.

I'm not the type of person who breaks rules. I would not intentionally post something that violates the rules, especially on a forum that my children read. If the rule had been clear and enforced evenly there would never have been a reason to edit my post.

Jennielou, you wrote: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-posting-3999/

It would be very helpful to all if these rules were actually read prior to posting. It looks like your issue has been peacefully resolved, and we all make mistakes now and then, we're humans, not computers. And we are all on the same page as to wanting the best for this forum and all members, and for all to have fun and be safe!

I believe you that you are all on the same page when it comes to wanting good things for us members and for the site. I believe that each of you are fantastic people who do this with the best of intentions. I'm really not complaining about the moderators. Maybe it's hard to see that, but I think that you are all doing a great job as individuals.

I agree that we need to read the forum rules before we post. Knowing and following the rules is important. I have no problem with the rules that are in place just the sporadic enforcement of the rules. I do understand the "no trade talk" rule but as a person who reads the forum I'm very confused by what is considered "trade talk" in a post. Is it trade talk to talk about getting scammed? Is it trade talk to say that you got something special in a trade without saying what you traded for it? Is it trade talk to discuss item values according to the guide provided by WI? Is it trade talk to say that a person has traded high value items for low value items without mentioning the items that were traded? If those things are really trade talk then someone is letting the horses run free in both the clubhouse forum and the Look What I Got Forum because those topics make up a large part of those forums and they are not moderated. If those topics are acceptable then why was my post edited to remove them?

The issue that I had in that thread was peacefully resolved but it wasn't this issue. I didn't want to bring this issue up in that thread because I didn't want that particular manager to feel attacked and I didn't want to hijack such an important thread. I believe that this issue can also be resolved peacefully. As I have said so many times I do not think that any one person is doing anything wrong. I think that you are all trying your best to make this the wonderful place that it is.

Thank you to everyone who has posted with their experiences and opinions.

Last edited by Copious; 04-20-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #14
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Hi Copious! I think your thread is a great eye-opener! I am not in the habit of starting threads for exactly that reason. Some posts, in my opinion are really, really close to trade talk. But, when they are not edited, I just assume that I am misinterpreting the rules. Since I have not read your post, I cannot comment on your particular situation. But, if it is any consellation, I believe that you were not intentionally breaking the rules, but rather you were commenting how educated your ds has become!
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #15
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

It there is EVER a question about a thread or post breaking any rules, that's what the red flag is there for. We can't catch them all, that's why we rely on our wonderful members to alert us with the flag.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
It there is EVER a question about a thread or post breaking any rules, that's what the red flag is there for. We can't catch them all, that's why we rely on our wonderful members to alert us with the flag.
That's great advice. Thank you for mentioning it. Could you tell me which of the things I asked about are actually trade talk so I know what to flag? I'll relist them to make it easier for you.

Is it trade talk to talk about getting scammed?

Is it trade talk to say that you got something special in a trade without saying what you traded for it?

Is it trade talk to discuss item values according to the guide provided by WI?

Is it trade talk to say that a person has traded high value items for low value items without mentioning the items that were traded?

There are actually a lot of other gray areas but having an absolute answer to these questions would be a fantastic start.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #17

NikkiRox is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Consistent Rule Enforcement

I agree.
I'm very curious about this. I mean, I know everyone's trying their best, but it would be better if it's consistent and clear. There are a lot of gray areas I have questions about, so...yeah...
NikkiRox is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #18

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

no matter what, everyone is going to read the rules differently.
and i will most likely be banned for saying this but sometimes there is a powerful feeling that can happen when a person has control over what can be said because they have the delete button in there hand. even an unfriendly post by a higher up on a thread can discourage others from posting against that opinion. just like in the real world things are not always fair here. i know firsthand.

i really wish i saw justin and wendy post in threads more often. but i know how very very busy they are. it was really nice to see concern from wendy. when i read that statement about it being ok for kids ages to be posted i was upset too.
and i am sure even though u don't have a record of the pm canefan,, the site does. i am sure they keep track of all responses to red flags.
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
no matter what, everyone is going to read the rules differently.
and i will most likely be banned for saying this but sometimes there is a powerful feeling that can happen when a person has control over what can be said because they have the delete button in there hand. even an unfriendly post by a higher up on a thread can discourage others from posting against that opinion. just like in the real world things are not always fair here. i know firsthand.

i really wish i saw justin and wendy post in threads more often. but i know how very very busy they are. it was really nice to see concern from wendy. when i read that statement about it being ok for kids ages to be posted i was upset too.
and i am sure even though u don't have a record of the pm canefan,, the site does. i am sure they keep track of all responses to red flags.
You're not going to be banned for voicing your opinion. It's when a thread becomes less about giving your own opinion and more about putting other's down is when we have a problem. Everyone has the right to be heard and every member deserves respect. Don't forget the flag works for every post even if it was written by someone in a "higher" position. Many times it may just be a miscommunication and you are always free to send a PM to any one of us.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 04-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Copious
That's great advice. Thank you for mentioning it. Could you tell me which of the things I asked about are actually trade talk so I know what to flag? I'll relist them to make it easier for you.

Is it trade talk to talk about getting scammed?

Is it trade talk to say that you got something special in a trade without saying what you traded for it?

Is it trade talk to discuss item values according to the guide provided by WI?

Is it trade talk to say that a person has traded high value items for low value items without mentioning the items that were traded?

There are actually a lot of other gray areas but having an absolute answer to these questions would be a fantastic start.

I would love to see the answer to this, as well. And, maybe the answers and questions can be posted in a sticky?
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed