Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #21

Macawmama is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Complaining...

Thanks, Ivie! Love your sig, BTW.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #22
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking ganz is greedy! I am boycotting ganz, will you join me?
-Ivie
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #23

I don't know about boycotting Ganz, I think I'll give it a little more time to see if anything major happens on my account that kills one of my webbies,lol. Then I might boycott if they do something really stupid that is just going to ruin them. LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

yeah, I am not a big webkinz buyer anyway (almost a year and 8 webkinz is all) so I just thought with all the glitches that I'd quit buying for a while.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #25
Webkinz :)

Jayne will become famous soon enough

The movie adds didn't bother me...as long as we're getting something from clicking on them and they are not taking us off the WW site.
Jayne is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #26

Yeah, I agree with Ivie. I am only buying the webkinz, not the extras, 'cept the TCs. I haven't bought one in a long time for a while, though. The ads didn't bother me as long as they weren't taking me to their site.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #27
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

I didn't mind the ads, I think that if they were for g-rated movies they're ok. As macwamama said, I am not buying webkinz and before all I was buying were pets, TCs and charms.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #28
putty5000
Gift Guru

daffy1956 has a spectacular aura aboutdaffy1956 has a spectacular aura about

Skittlebug7, I liked what you had to say. We all have complaints out the wazoo. If we all focused on our complaints and nothing else, we could fill page after page with them.

I have written to Ganz many times about my complaints... sometimes several times a day. I believe in taking it to the source when I have a problem, unless I think that someone else can help me sort it out first. For those of you who read the Bible there is even a scripture that says if you have something against your brother that you should go to him first.

Whether you believe in the Bible or not, going to the person or corporation who you are angry with is the best way to deal with things. There is far less drama, you don't build things up to be more than they are and you may actually work things out far more quickly and to your advantage. Look at all the people who went to Ganz with their problems and got better things than what they lost.

Of course, you can't go to the person you are angry at blaming them and condemning them. Like Skittlebug7 said, you have to use your "I" messages. I was hurt when you... It made me really angry when... I couldn't believe it when... I felt devastated when... I ... you get the idea. If you go at Ganz people with "you *****s"... or something like that, well, they are people too and they can lose your email just like that!

Ya catch more flies with honey... it really is true! Complaining is an art... it is not whining, it does not demean the other person. Socrates and Aristotle would be scandalized by our lack of arguing, complaining and negotiating skills. We've taught our children to get what they want by whining instead of building a decent argument and now we are all suffering for it. So, how about more of us doing like Skittlebug7 did and start modelling how to complain in a constructive way. Show those who don't know how to complain how to do it in an effective way and where to take their complaints.

It took me a month to find Ganz's email address... that could be part of the problem. I get very frustrated when I try to go thru Ganz's help or complaint thingie... their questions never seem to match up with my problem. So I end up either sending in my problem on something that doesn't really match or I email Ganz directly. Sometimes I get no response at all and sometimes it get's cleared up immediately. So, let's help these frustrated youngsters and maybe oldsters find the places to direct their complaints and give them a formula for success!

Or am I just loco en la cabeza???
daffy1956 is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #29
badboy180
Gift Guru

billy180 is on a distinguished road

i agree it doesn't any good to yell and argue and complain to people on here they don't have the ability to fix it you should address the issue to ganz.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
Webkinz :)

crystalnickel is on a distinguished road

For me, it's the lack of customer service that is the frustration. I understand and expect glitches, but I expect them to be addressed, and yes, when I call or email a company, I do expect to speak to or be replied to by an actual human being. Every other product or service I have purchased has done so.

And I don't understand why so many users here say that contacting Ganz is slowing them down from fixing glitches. If one cannot talk to a customer service person, which evidently we cannot, why are they even there? Ganz may as well fire them and use the money they were paying their salaries with to improve the site for all the good they have done me.

I'll repeat that Ganz is a large company that has many employees. Some of them get paid to work on the website (whether or not they are doing their jobs is debatable). I guarantee you those same people are not the ones expected to respond to your emails or phone calls, if, indeed anyone is - from my experience, even the people who are getting paid to do so are not actually expected to deal with customers.

I've about 5 things "stuck" in my WW house right now. I was shorted 4 items on 3 accounts. I have a Webkinz waiting to be adopted but I am afraid to do so, as I may not get all its items. Do I think about these things when I am NOT in WW? No, not at all. Do I think it's a huge deal? No, not at all. Could I enjoy WW with those problems if Ganz had responded to me and said "We appreciate your business and your patience, and we are working on the problems. Be assured you will get your items, or (insert friendly offer here - maybe a choice of items or a free pet?)." Yes, I could, and I could even be very patient if I knew they were actually working on things and were concerned about my (the consumer) problems. But Ganz has not treated me with respect. I have to work for more than an hour to earn enough to buy one Webkinz, not to mention buying accessories. That is money which could be spent on one of my many, many other hobbies, better yet saved, and money that in order to earn, I have to deal with customers all day long, and smile at and be friendly to them even if I have had a bad day and they are being rude to me. If a customer calls, I am expected to answer the phone and help that customer to the best of my ability. If a customer is dissatisfied with an item, I am expected to refund it. If a customer has a coupon for a "free gift" but we are out of that gift, it is expected of me that the customer will not leave angry. If I didn't do these things, I wouldn't be doing my JOB, and I would get fired. And yet I am guessing Ganz' customer service people are paid much more than I am, but when I call, I don't get a person or even an option to wait as long as it takes to get one on the line. I get a message that basically says "our voicemail no longer records your messages, and please, don't call back." When I email, I get no response at all. So why are they there, and why shouldn't I be a little upset that I am paying money to a company who obviously doesn't respect me enough to do the job MY funds are paying them for?

And why do people act as though I should be grateful to Ganz? Ganz didn't create a free website out of charity and the goodness of their hearts. They are making money off of this and while they don't like to release their earnings, I did see a report that as of April 2007, they reported 23 million for that year. That is a lot of money for 4 months. And while that is far from being all profits, I don't imagine they are heading for bankruptcy or we would NOT be seeing 4 new Webkinz a month.

All I want is a little respect for the customers who support Ganz by purchasing their items and continue going to the site despite disappointments and glitches that interfere with their enjoyment of the site. I don't think it's too much to ask, and it doesn't mean that I hate Ganz or any of that nonsense. Being angry or unhappy because you feel you are being treated unfairly is not the same as hating. There is no one that I hate. But if I do feel I am being treated unfairly and not receiving all that I have paid for, then yes, I am going to say something about it. I think people vent here because Ganz is not responding to them, and then members here make anyone who does voice a complaint feel as though he or she needs to defend himself or herself for doing so, as so many people here are defending the big business. Indeed, this is the only reason I have become involved - to defend myself and others of the same or similar opinions; not because I enjoy complaining, but also because I do not enjoy being overlooked by a company whose profits depend upon me and other consumers. I am sorry if this offends anyone, but Ganz is not going to shut down its profitable company because of a few, or even many, complaints. They are a business, and businesses are out to make a profit. Now, if Ganz gets enough complaints, they may realize customers are really unhappy, and if they want to continue getting our money (and I assure you they do), they will have to rectify the problems.
Closed