Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Pm me for it!
Webkinz :)
skittlebug7 has a spectacular aura about

Default Complaining...

I have seen very many threads complaining about Ganz, and those who are against complaining getting into fights with the people who complain. I have something to say...
1) It's alright to be upset about losing an item that you were attached to, but sometimes the things that are said about Ganz when and item is lost, are rude, hurtful ,and just flat out mean. It's ok to say things like "I'm really upset about losing _____", but when people say things like "OMG I lost my exclusive item! I really liked it! I hate Ganz! I am going to quit webkinz forever!!!" That's overeacting a little.
2) Yes, we pay good money for webkinz, and we have the right to expect them to perform at a certain level, and we do expect to get our money's worth. But the thing is, 13$ isn't that much. We could just have one webkinz, and when we got bored with them, then 13$ (what some people make in 10 minutes) is all that's lost. Nobody is forcing us to buy more and more webkinz, that is our choice. But I do agree that Webkinz World might need to focus a bit more on fixing those glitches.
3) Also, with the new pets, and items. I do seem to remember a few months ago when many members were complaining that there were not enough webkinz, or that they needed some more items. Now that they are adding many more webkinz, while some people ar happy about it, many others are upset because apparently they aren't focusing on the glitches. Well, the Ganz staff that works on designing the pets don't nessesarily take care of the glitches. They are being worked on, and these people do have families.
4) Another thing, the items on wekinz are virtual, they don't exist, except in the virtual world. Please don't cry yourslef to sleep because you lost your hotub, it's just not worth it. There are bigger issues in the world.

I guess, that some people go on WW to relax, and escape from the real world, and sometimes -without really realizing, they kind of think webkinz is part of the real world. Like if a pet got stuck, then it would be like one of our children got hurt. Or if one of our items got taken from a glirch, then we might substitute that for someone repossessing something. And maybe -again without realizing it- we think Ganz is like God, and we expect them to be able to fix our problems instantly, and up to or past expectations. I don't know. But I don't like seeing innocent threads getting closed down, or a company getting bashed. I agree with both sides of people, the complaining ones, and the ones against complaining. We can be upset when something goes wrong, but they ARE virtual, and there ARE things more important in the world.

Thank you for listening. Please feel free to post your thoughtd, but please keep them nice, and don't attack another user for their opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Complaining...

You have a very open minded view on this. Thank you. I completely agree.

I too get very "involved" if I spend too much time on WW or even on WI. But if I step back for a day or two then it all seems a bit silly. I am not down playing the glitches and problems others are experiencing, just how I feel. Maybe too it's because I have not had the problems or that my realy life ones are much more important. We have been dealing with the flu, ear and sinus infections. And to top that off my daughter got lice. EWW. I am also looking for a job and money is VERY tight. So when I hear people complaining about a web site it upsets me. I am not saying feel sorry for poor me, just showing why I think that the complaining seems silly to me.

I know that I have gotten "into" it with some members and I want to apologize to anyone I may have hurt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
Gift Guru
Sprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of lightSprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of lightSprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of light

I so argree, I posted a thread a long time ago saying I lost my item(s) and still very dispointed.
But I guess this is a good thread to start off all the members who complained! Nice Job!

PS. I lost two superbeds, a retired exclusive, Two PSI, all my Chirstmas Items........
Sprinklez00 is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #4

View Post Originally Posted by Sprinklez00
I so argree, I posted a thread a long time ago saying I lost my item(s) and still very dispointed.
But I guess this is a good thread to start off all the members who complained! Nice Job!

PS. I lost two superbeds, a retired exclusive, Two PSI, all my Chirstmas Items........
Really? I am Sorry!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Insanely busy
Gift Guru
animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Thank you for posting this. I have been wanting to reply about all the complaints for some time but did not know how to word it without sounding like I was looking for a fight from the people who complain. I do have a suggestion for all those unhappy about the servers crashing and think Ganz is just in it for the money. Do some research online and get the cost for running servers and security for websites. Then there are employees salaries. People who are good at Network Engineering and Security do not come cheap. Their average salary is usually 75,000 a year or more and most usually make over 100,000 a year. Companies who are strictly web based like webkinz have to have the best or pretty close to the best. There are also probably about 30 to 50 servers running if not more just to keep up with how many new people sign up for webkinz each day. If you want to complain, do research first please. Sorry this is so long but I think it needed to be said.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
komoda2000 has disabled reputation

I'm starting to think that there's more threads complaining about people complaining then there is threads that are complaining about Ganz. I totally agree though, If someone looses and Item they shouldn't go parading around saying how much they hate Ganz, they should try to contact them about it. I was also appauled when I saw the words "Ganz is greedy" in someone's siggy. The first words that popped into my head when I saw it were "Well then why the heck are you playing on webkinz if you hate them so much?" Lol, some people make me mad.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
Amykinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Great post! I have replied to a couple of posts like this. It seems that people go on for days complaining. You had a good comment where you aid there are bigger issues in real life othen than in a virtual world. I can only speak for me. I am disbaled (fibromyalgia) and my youngest daughter (age 11) was just dianoised with type 1 diabetes less than a month ago. We have been in WW for almost a year. WW is really the only thing I do for fun. I am on WW almost all day and at night when I can't sleep. I haven't had anything disappear and neither have my kids. I have a couple of flowers stuck in a room but thats it.

About the website......when I did work, I worked for a very large international insurance company. They have a couple of websites and I have to say we had at least two website problems a day. There have been three or four days in a row when our site was shut down. Now folks this is a multi billion (yes with a B) company and I worked ina deptartment of just three other people to figure out why the website was going down. Four people to deal with thousands of people who are trying to access a business related website. The way I look at it, is that if a huge company like that can have their website down pretty constantly, then I can deal with a website that provide me entertainment having some glitches.

Please don't respond to thread unless it is nice. Thank you
Old 02-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

There are so many threads like this! there are more threads complaining about the complaining than just about how people are mad! And, in my opinion, ganz is greedy! I think that we should be able to complain because no chage for the better ever came from silence. I don't agree, but that is only my opion.

---------- Ivie added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

also, I get REALLY mad when I hear how little kids get really dissapointed about losing an item. Adults can undestand that a glitch is normal but kids are sad. Anf ganz sometimes does nothing.

Last edited by Ivie; 02-29-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
jmt1202 is on a distinguished road

I agree for the most part with your statement. I realize that these are just virtual items and we really aren't loosing out on any actual items, but we have lost out on our time that it took us to earn us that item. I spent over 30 minutes the other day playing Zingoz Pop and had over 250 kc earned and I was logged out of WW. I lost all of the money I had earned and the time that I had spent playing the game. I don't have much time to play Webkinz typically, so when I do get to, I expect a realitivly glitch free experience. It frustrates me that I have spent $15 on something that I don't feel that I am getting my dollars worth out of. I realize that a glitch here and there is bound to happen, but I think that maybe more time and money should be put behind fixing them more efficiently. I'm sure this statement will probably have several disaggreements with it, but I would prefer if Ganz would shut the site down for a day or two and fix the current glitches than having deal with them everyday for several days.

---------- jmt1202 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

Oh, also to go on I have to work almost a full hour to pay for a Webkin, so these glitches also take out an hour of my life to pay for the Webkin that I have purchased.

Last edited by jmt1202; 02-29-2008 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
TINKBELL is an unknown quantity at this point

I Totally Agree With You. I Do Have A Child Who Gets Sad And Upset But I Explain To Her The Same Way You Do. Nothing Is Life Is Perfect. We Must Accept That We Can Only Accept The Best People Can Do. Think Of All The Wonderful Improvements And Additions Webkinz Has Added. Ofcourse There Will Be Glitches, Times We Can't Get On Etc. But This Doesn't Allow People To Hate Anything- They Can Choose To Spend Their Time Elsewhere But No Reason To Hate.
To All Webkinz Users
Have A Wonderful Day!