Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Combining Thread Ideas? (Just a SUGGESTION ;))

Hi everyone!

I noticed A LOT of new threads here lately... all by the same members. (And I'm not pointing out anyone or anything like that, it's just a suggestion). Usually their other threads are still active, and their active threads just push out the not-as active threads, although people still post on them. I don't think it's fair to those who don't always create a thread for new topics, so my new idea is to combine ideas into ONE thread.

For example, just type one paragraph for one idea for the first post in a thread, and then type another for the second idea you had. I know that many of you always have great ideas after you post a thread, but a solution is to edit the first post and title, and them reply to the thread saying, "Added new idea" or something like that.

Just a suggestion, and I know that there will be a variety of opinions here
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default Re: Combining Thread Ideas? (Just a SUGGESTION ;))

Noticed this too- and usually, the threads are made just minutes apart. I think your on to something about combining ideas
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
Noticed this too- and usually, the threads are made just minutes apart. I think your on to something about combining ideas
Thanks Lake!

I have noticed that a lot lately too, glad that I'm not the only one that's noticed!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
WhiteTerrierFan

That's a nice idea. It would save space, and when people wanted to comment on one idea there, they could just quote that idea. The only problem is that it might get a little crowded on the thread and ideas will be all in a mess everywhere. I think maybe if two people have the SAME idea, they should share a thread.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hi everyone!

I noticed A LOT of new threads here lately... all by the same members. (And I'm not pointing out anyone or anything like that, it's just a suggestion). Usually their other threads are still active, and their active threads just push out the not-as active threads, although people still post on them. I don't think it's fair to those who don't always create a thread for new topics, so my new idea is to combine ideas into ONE thread.

For example, just type one paragraph for one idea for the first post in a thread, and then type another for the second idea you had. I know that many of you always have great ideas after you post a thread, but a solution is to edit the first post and title, and them reply to the thread saying, "Added new idea" or something like that.

Just a suggestion, and I know that there will be a variety of opinions here
Rep! Great idea! One paragraph could be about one topic then the second paragraph could be another topic . . . . . .etc. Greta thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I agree, but sometimes their thread will get closed, and a little while later, a new idea will pop in, you know?
badena2 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Hello!
I've noticed this a little bit..*looks at myself*, but maybe the combined ideas would be to much, you know? Like, on my time on WI, I think I have a moderate amount of ideas that I post. Now what if somebody with a TON of ideas combines them? It would be like, 10 ideas in one thread, which seems a little overwhelming to read. I know that when I see a really long thread, I read parts of it, because all of it together makes my head sort of spin! So I always like the shorter threads that have one idea and just get to the point. So maybe the single threads would be better, but that's just my opinion! But great idea once again!

♥Lissy
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
That's a nice idea. It would save space, and when people wanted to comment on one idea there, they could just quote that idea. The only problem is that it might get a little crowded on the thread and ideas will be all in a mess everywhere. I think maybe if two people have the SAME idea, they should share a thread.
Thanks, WhiteT! And I agree also. Maybe the threads could be merged if they're both "hot" topics?
View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Rep! Great idea! One paragraph could be about one topic then the second paragraph could be another topic . . . . . .etc. Greta thread!
Thanks, Lizzy
View Post Originally Posted by badena2
I agree, but sometimes their thread will get closed, and a little while later, a new idea will pop in, you know?
Yeah, I know that So maybe instead of creating a new thread, you could add on to another thread. For the closed thread, no one can post on it, so it won't be bumped back up

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hello!
I've noticed this a little bit..*looks at myself*, but maybe the combined ideas would be to much, you know? Like, on my time on WI, I think I have a moderate amount of ideas that I post. Now what if somebody with a TON of ideas combines them? It would be like, 10 ideas in one thread, which seems a little overwhelming to read. I know that when I see a really long thread, I read parts of it, because all of it together makes my head sort of spin! So I always like the shorter threads that have one idea and just get to the point. So maybe the single threads would be better, but that's just my opinion! But great idea once again!

♥Lissy
Thanks for posting, Lissy

Yes, I agree with you on that. I meant like combining two or three thread ideas, not 10 or anything like that
Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Great suggestion! I've noticed it a lot too! I made a suggestion thread once, and it got pushed down because the same people were making multiple threads for their ideas. It would really help to condense all of the clutter down to a minimum, and it would be so much easier to find threads. Awesome thread, and have a nice day!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
Great suggestion! I've noticed it a lot too! I made a suggestion thread once, and it got pushed down because the same people were making multiple threads for their ideas. It would really help to condense all of the clutter down to a minimum, and it would be so much easier to find threads. Awesome thread, and have a nice day!
Thanks, twilight!

I noticed that too Sorry your thread got pushed down! I think that the people who create multiple threads deserve for their threads to be noticed, but not in multiple thread form
Closed