Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default "Coaching" for new members?

I know that some new members don't know how to use the forum and have questions. Since WI is constantly getting new members, I was thinking of having "coaching", sort of like GC (gift coaches) for new members who feel like they need it. If they have any questions, they can also ask their coach. Also, the coaches can be called MC's (member coaches, thanks Lyssa45!). Instead of giving tests for values of items, they can be about the rules of WI and how to get around.

MC (Member Coach)~

Some MC requirements could include:

. Not be banned in the past 6 months
. Take a test to see if they know the rules!
. Make sure they help people alot on the HELP! Section!
. Have at least 1,000 posts- not counting DCT (andrewhoya)
. Approved by mods/admins to teach new members (from me)
~thanks minimaid!~

We also had an idea of having the MC color to be orange. This part probably won't make it (if this idea does go through) but it would be awesome

I believe that this system could work because the GE system works. It's similar, and other members just like you are helping you out. Some people have said that when they first joined and had questions, they were afraid to ask. With this program, new members will know the rules and have someone to turn to if they have questions.

Conclusion~

This program could be called the 'Mentoring Program' (thanks Dixiecup). It would be fantastic if people under 18 could be MC's, (thanks naomiglasc) but if it's against the law, we can't do anything about it Also, a sticky in the Hi, I'm New! section would be helpful (thanks andrewhoya). This would benefit WI because I know that some members just drop out because they don't know what to do.

This is just an idea, I completely understand if you don't agree All ideas are welcome, feel free to post! I will be adding ideas I think will be good to this post.

Remember, these are all suggestions. If you don't like one, feel free to say it but don't be too criticizing I would love for this idea to come true. Thank you all for your support!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 01-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: adding some more info
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: "Coaching" for new members?

Hmm..well this is a pretty good idea! Right, the MC (or Member Coaches) could help the new members out, sort of like a tutorial, very easy to follow. Rep!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

This is actually a very cool idea It would be very helpful. Like GC's, you'd be given 'the tap' if you were wanted as a forum helper or whatevs, and you could accept or decline, so you could if you want to bud don't have to
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Thanks for your support guys!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
montanarose9

This is a great idea! Some members get banned because they didn't know the rules.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hmm..well this is a pretty good idea! Right, the MC (or Member Coaches) could help the new members out, sort of like a tutorial, very easy to follow. Rep!
I agree! But instead of having quizzes on the WI GEV, there can be quizzes on the rules.

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by montanarose9
This is a great idea! Some members get banned because they didn't know the rules.
Yes, even some of the older members make a mistake sometimes

Last edited by Dogluver620; 01-24-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

Great idea! It would be nice for a little tutorial for any newbies. Maybe some tips, and rules. Or maybe even some website to get/make avvies or siggies. I know that when I just became a member, I needed a lot of help on things. But now that I have had some experiance, I know a lot.
But it would have been nicer if I learned a bit quicker. Thanks for sharing the great idea! [rep]

♥peep♥
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

WONDEFUL idea! Rep!
andrewhoya is offline Male
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #9

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I think that would be a really good idea. Many new members on Wi need guidence from members to know where exactly to post and to know the rules. Fabulous idea.

Rep point for you!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Thanks so much for your support everyone!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 01-24-2009 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: not supposed to bump
Closed