Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   "Coaching" for new members? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/coaching-new-members-459871/)

Dogluver62001-24-2009 07:27 PM

"Coaching" for new members?

I know that some new members don't know how to use the forum and have questions. Since WI is constantly getting new members, I was thinking of having "coaching", sort of like GC (gift coaches) for new members who feel like they need it. If they have any questions, they can also ask their coach. Also, the coaches can be called MC's (member coaches, thanks Lyssa45!). Instead of giving tests for values of items, they can be about the rules of WI and how to get around.

MC (Member Coach)~

Some MC requirements could include:

. Not be banned in the past 6 months
. Take a test to see if they know the rules!
. Make sure they help people alot on the HELP! Section!
. Have at least 1,000 posts- not counting DCT (andrewhoya)
. Approved by mods/admins to teach new members (from me)
~thanks minimaid!~

We also had an idea of having the MC color to be orange. This part probably won't make it (if this idea does go through) but it would be awesome ;)

I believe that this system could work because the GE system works. It's similar, and other members just like you are helping you out. Some people have said that when they first joined and had questions, they were afraid to ask. With this program, new members will know the rules and have someone to turn to if they have questions.

Conclusion~

This program could be called the 'Mentoring Program' (thanks Dixiecup). It would be fantastic if people under 18 could be MC's, (thanks naomiglasc) but if it's against the law, we can't do anything about it :( Also, a sticky in the Hi, I'm New! section would be helpful (thanks andrewhoya). This would benefit WI because I know that some members just drop out because they don't know what to do.

This is just an idea, I completely understand if you don't agree :) All ideas are welcome, feel free to post! I will be adding ideas I think will be good to this post.

Remember, these are all suggestions. If you don't like one, feel free to say it but don't be too criticizing :) I would love for this idea to come true. Thank you all for your support! :D

Lyssa4501-24-2009 07:29 PM

Re: "Coaching" for new members?

Hmm..well this is a pretty good idea! Right, the MC (or Member Coaches) could help the new members out, sort of like a tutorial, very easy to follow. Rep!

icecube73001-24-2009 07:30 PM

This is actually a very cool idea :) It would be very helpful. Like GC's, you'd be given 'the tap' if you were wanted as a forum helper or whatevs, and you could accept or decline, so you could if you want to bud don't have to :)

Dogluver62001-24-2009 07:32 PM

Thanks for your support guys! :D

montanarose901-24-2009 07:32 PM

This is a great idea! Some members get banned because they didn't know the rules.:(

Dogluver62001-24-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyssa45 (Post 12670338)
Hmm..well this is a pretty good idea! Right, the MC (or Member Coaches) could help the new members out, sort of like a tutorial, very easy to follow. Rep!

I agree! But instead of having quizzes on the WI GEV, there can be quizzes on the rules.

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by montanarose9 (Post 12670414)
This is a great idea! Some members get banned because they didn't know the rules.:(

Yes, even some of the older members make a mistake sometimes :(

fluffypup01-24-2009 07:34 PM

Great idea! It would be nice for a little tutorial for any newbies. Maybe some tips, and rules. Or maybe even some website to get/make avvies or siggies. I know that when I just became a member, I needed a lot of help on things. But now that I have had some experiance, I know a lot.
But it would have been nicer if I learned a bit quicker. Thanks for sharing the great idea! [rep]

♥peep♥

andrewhoya01-24-2009 07:35 PM

WONDEFUL idea! Rep!

Pandora's Box01-24-2009 07:35 PM

I think that would be a really good idea. Many new members on Wi need guidence from members to know where exactly to post and to know the rules. Fabulous idea.

Rep point for you! ;D

Dogluver62001-24-2009 07:57 PM

Thanks so much for your support everyone! :D