Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #61
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

Default Re: close our own threads

i do think it would be possible...on most forums you can set permissions for usergroups and specific members just like you can set that the gift trainees can see the training section and the gifted can see the gifted section etc. ...but im not sure how good of an idea it would be.

On one hand, the overall idea sounds nice and it would be handy to be able to close your own thread, but as someone said, it is always possible to misuse the system. while you do have right to your own threads, what if someone closed a contest thread where the contest was over but they hadn't handed out the prizes yet or something like that? it would almost lead to more moderation because the mods would have to keep an eye on the closing threads system. Furthermore, the mods are here to do their jobs and they've been closing threads for people for a long time without a complaint. If they had too much work on their hands, the mods and admins would probably discuss or appoint more mods/admins to help out.

Overall, i like the idea but i don't think less work for the mods is a valid point and i don't find it extremely necessary
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #62
Gifted

insider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoW
insider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoWinsider777 makes the others go WoW

However, I do like how once in a while, the mods will re-open a closed thread if there are enough requests. I also agree becausethere are certain threads that are now closed that I really want to post on.
insider777 is offline Male
Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #63
Webkinz :)

ErinJaneee has a spectacular aura about

Very very good idea!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #64
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Now open!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #65
Kate

sugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshine
sugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshinesugar9674 is a ray of sunshine

That's a good idea! I would like to be able to do that.
sugar9674 is offline Female
Old 05-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
Let It Go

CoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicness
CoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicnessCoolWebby is epic beyond epicness

I love this idea!!!! It could be very helpful at times!
CoolWebby is offline Female
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #67

TopHat has disabled reputation

I think that would be a good idea especially for when topics get derailed or arguments start. Not that we see many arguments on WI.
TopHat is offline Female
Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #68
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Closing your own threads would be a good idea IF you were posting only for yourself. However, usually there are many others interested in the subject, and they would like to post even after the problem is solved for you. This is why I like to see most threads stay open. After 2 weeks of inactivity, then it's reasonable to see the thread close automatically. Even at that, other members will often ask to have that thread reopened so that they can add their comments.

However, it would make sense to be able to close your own thread when it is a Shop, either a name shop or avvie/siggie shop. Then, you could open it when you have free time, and close it when you are swamped with homework.

The staff is always happy to open or close your threads. It takes only a minute, a second even, and does not give us more work. I like to do this because it gives me a chance to look at so many interesting threads!
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bradying, lets be santa, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥