Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #11
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Cleaning up the front page: a suggestion for WI staff

I don't know, I understand where you're coming from because I'm not much of an eStore shopper either (at least, not recently, anyway). So, even though I don't bother with those sections anymore, I agree with Jagular - I think there should only be one front page, for all parts of WW. Otherwise, where would you draw the line?
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #12
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

What if the lists of items avaliable in the eStore were in a section on the sidebar, with the upcoming pets and POTMs (only higher up). That way, it's still avaliable on the front page for everyone, but not taking up space in the 10 most-recently-added stories?
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #13
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by Ranger1985
I don't know, I understand where you're coming from because I'm not much of an eStore shopper either (at least, not recently, anyway). So, even though I don't bother with those sections anymore, I agree with Jagular - I think there should only be one front page, for all parts of WW. Otherwise, where would you draw the line?
Well, it would still be on the front page, just not on the main part. My idea was like that of jenga_jane:
View Post Originally Posted by jenga_jane
What if the lists of items avaliable in the eStore were in a section on the sidebar, with the upcoming pets and POTMs (only higher up). That way, it's still avaliable on the front page for everyone, but not taking up space in the 10 most-recently-added stories?
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
Woah! I am
Gifted

webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!

I agree with this idea a LOT! I do not like the Ganz e-store, it is a waste off money. But a lot of people like it. They should move all this to Wiki. Great idea! REP!
webkinzkayla is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
I'm Marissa
Webkinz :)

Mcutieface has much to be proud ofMcutieface has much to be proud ofMcutieface has much to be proud ofMcutieface has much to be proud ofMcutieface has much to be proud of

that is so true! it would be more cool and organized to have different sections of the front page news!
Mcutieface is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
call me jenny(:♥

JonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Well i am sure there are people who like reading that stuff so they have to put it up there, but i also agree with you where i dont feel like reading that stuff. I think they should just categorize it so people can skip through that stuff if they dont feel like reading it. Thanks for sharing your idea!
JonasBrothers<3 is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
Webkinz :)

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 

Of course, there's the tag cloud...

But that frustrates me. Maybe on the top, there could be a list of tags (categories), and when you click on it, you only get news on that category..
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I feel that the eStore Specials and not as important threads should be deleted in time. Or maybe we can have some sort of "Recycling Section" to put them in, in case somebody wants to read them. That's a good idea.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzkayla
I agree with this idea a LOT! I do not like the Ganz e-store, it is a waste off money. But a lot of people like it. They should move all this to Wiki. Great idea! REP!
View Post Originally Posted by Mcutieface
that is so true! it would be more cool and organized to have different sections of the front page news!
View Post Originally Posted by JonasBrothers<3
Well i am sure there are people who like reading that stuff so they have to put it up there, but i also agree with you where i dont feel like reading that stuff. I think they should just categorize it so people can skip through that stuff if they dont feel like reading it. Thanks for sharing your idea!
View Post Originally Posted by Lunagrrl
Of course, there's the tag cloud...

But that frustrates me. Maybe on the top, there could be a list of tags (categories), and when you click on it, you only get news on that category..
View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
I feel that the eStore Specials and not as important threads should be deleted in time. Or maybe we can have some sort of "Recycling Section" to put them in, in case somebody wants to read them. That's a good idea.
Thanks for commenting, guys!

Ranger had the ((wonderful )) idea of having a section off to the side visible that says "Ganz has announced the items available for sale on ... For more info click here." I really like that idea!
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #20
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

I'm working on a test module to implement this suggestion. What I'm planning is to include any of the "Wednesday/Sat/Sun specials" that would only appear in that module, unless a new item or pet was introduced in the special, which would then get front page attention. You can see the test module on the bottom right of the front page..
Justin is offline Male
Closed