Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

Default Re: Christian Thread Section

While this sounds like a good idea in theory, I doubt it will ever be more than that.

If we were all perfectly behaved all the time, this would be great. But sadly, we're not, so there is bound to be a disagreement at some point.

Thanks for sharing your idea though!
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Christian, but I don't think this a good idea. On WI there are all different types of Religions. This site is for the discussion of Webkinz and their accessories.
Trouble is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Gifted

tupelohunny19 is a jewel in the roughtupelohunny19 is a jewel in the rough

I really don't think this is a good idea, as many of different faiths visit and are members of WI. Can't you find a better place to talk about your faith that wouldn't make people feel excluded? I think so
tupelohunny19 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

I was raised in the Episcopal Church...a form of Christianity. And I have to admit I am horrible about going to church. But I don't believe that church or even a special section in Webkinzworld is needed for me to have and enjoy a great relationship with God. I pray everynight and give thanks everyday. I show my love for God with not just prayer but action....like helping people in need. Those needs can be big or small.

And as much as I love God, I don't feel that WI is an appropriate place to be speaking about it. Even though most religions have alot of common denominators....there are to many people that feel that their religion is the right religion. Personally I don't feel that any religion is right or wrong. Nor do I frown upon those that don't believe at all.

Everybody's religious choice is very personal as is their relationship with God. I think it should remain that way. WI is not the right place to discuss the way in which we celebrate God or don't.

And I am sorry to say that despite my love, I don't really like the religious siggies either. It is to in my face and I think about all the people that it may offend... when this kind of offense can easily be avoided. There is nothing wrong with being proud. But there is something I feel is inapropriate....that is kind of shoving it in everyone's faces throughout various threads. I mean there is no way to miss seeing it.

I suppose people could complain and argue that I have angels in my siggie and what is the difference. Well angels are not commented to any one religion or any one God/Goddess...it angels were it would be different as would it be if I had Jesus on each side.

And some people don't even associate angels with religion. It is more of a good () vs. evil () type of symbol for alot of folks.

Anyway there are plenty of religious forums online for those of all faiths or non faith for that matter. That is where people need to go if they want to talk about God and their beliefs.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-05-2008 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: wrote ww instead of wi
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #15
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

I'm sorry but this is WEBKINZINSIDER.com. Religious groups/clubs, forums etc can go elsewhere.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #16
dogie310

I am a proud,true Christian.But I think this is a bad idea.It would cause religous fight and hurt feelings.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #17
BeEf JeRkY!!!
Webkinz :)

madness151 is just really nicemadness151 is just really nice

Yes I am a proud Christian, and got baptized last August. Maybe a "support your religon" section?
madness151 is offline Male
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

WI's policy is that it is okay to express your religious beliefs, but it is not okay to criticize other people's beliefs, which includes getting into issues of who is right, what denominations "count" as Christian, etc.

So, the avatars and siggies are fine as long as it's not "My religion is better than yours" and clubs are fine. (I believe there may be a Jewish club as well, but I'm not sure.)

We also allow "what is your religion" polls as long as they remain polite. (People who don't want to discuss religion don't need to read or answer them.)

We really feel like those are plenty of options, so I don't expect that we would add anything new.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #19
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

And on larkrose's note...I'll close this thread now.

Thanks for sharing your opinion everyone! We always welcome your suggestions.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed