Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #71
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
I totally agree. I joined WI a little over two years ago and back then it was great and cheerful, everyone was friendly and joking, and I lvoed the positive atmosphere. I stopped coming about 3 months ago, though. There was a lot of turmoil going on in the Kc section where I hang out the most, and the atmoshpere was tense. I came back now, and I guess it sort of seemed that WI was like a "ghost town". There weren't many new threads, and taking a look at some of the threads it seems like no ones posting. for example, a while ago the kinzcash club was averaging a good 600-700 posts a month. I come back, see all my oldfriends except for a couple are gone, and the club had 41 posts.
That actually brought tears to my eyes, I was so upset that everyone left and the one thing I loved THE MOST about WI was barely moving along....
If you think about it, may have been the cause, You abandoned your friends and your favorite thread and return and it had fallen due to neglect. At least it is still going, I had a similar experience recently, a thread I always enjoyed was closed when no-one posted for too long, actually it was Ganz's fault, because of a glitch every one was having problem getting on hamsters, my self included,so I didn't think it might close and didn't stop by or post for too long, so partly it was my fault and Ganz's. Sorry if it feels like I'm picking on you, but my dear departed dad used to always say "the truth don't hurt an honest man " funny how the older you get the smarter your parents get . As Red Green Would say "We're All in this together " a thought we should all live with.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #72
友達じゃないぞ
Webkinz :)

kittycats10rox has disabled reputation

I wish I was on back when the fun was there. Still, I try to be as fun as I can!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #73
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Thanks everyone for your comments. I still think WI is LOTS of fun! I love it here. I was just thinking we could all help just give it a breath of fresh air in certain sections. lol You know what I mean? It's an awesome site with awesome people.
Desty is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #74
kathynew

kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great
kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I don't think we are grumpy people at all...we do have to be "police" sometimes to keep such a large forum safe for all ages. I think all of us staff members post all over the place and still have fun, I don't have all the posts I have from Moderating, you don't get posts that way. And we were all Lil Kinz once.
Some people, not most, have moved on from playing Webkinz actively and stay because it is such a warm and friendly place to be and have made friends. Some have outgrown it and moved on because of disinterest. But new people initially come here because of Webkinz. That's what we are mainly about.
We have to have rules, we have to delete certain things, we can't allow every single random thread that's posted, but there are also things that have relaxed and changed in good ways as well.
I LOVE this place and I hope if you're here you see that there are SO many sections to visit and read and post about and do, that you enjoy it, and if there are other things we don't cover, that's what the rest of the whole World wide web is there to explore.
I totally agree with you Jennielou! I love this site! I can't wait to get up in the morning and read the new VM's I have received! I love to spread cheer through graphics. Many people come here to get away from the problems they are having in real life. To me that is a good thing. We have people here that care when you are hurting, and when you are happy, it makes us happy. I have friends from all age groups, and I enjoy them very much. I never turn down a friends request. Every week I try to send them at least one graphic that will make them smile. As my friends list increases, this becomes harder and harder to do, but it is worth it to me. WI is a fun place for me! It makes me happy when someone wins something or completes a challenge, (such as guessing the correct amount of jelly beans in the jar and getting a prize, or getting to the bottom of Moolah Mountain). It makes me happy when someone VM's me saying, "You made me smile!"

Yes, I spend a lot of time on WI, but I also spend a lot of time on WW. I love to read the front page and go to WIKI and find information on new WW items, contests, etc. The Mods work very hard to keep us informed. I love to see the rooms WI members make and the stories they make up about their Webkinz. They are very, very creative. Have you seen the tutoring thread? WOW, but there are people here so much smarter than I! I am a retired teacher of little children. I love to be creative and imaginative, and it is here that I can do this without feeling that I'm being silly or misunderstood. On the other hand, if I see a thread I'm not interested in, I don't participate. I wish I had more time to spend here. I was a member of WI for several years before I started participating. I had never been on a forum, and didn't even know how to post a picture. I was teaching school and didn't have time to get involved. I just wanted to see the contests etc. that were going on in WW. Some kind members gave me great advice and taught me many things. So, actually, I can't see the change in WI that you are speaking of.

Desty, I DO see your point, however. I love to hear the opinions of others, and respect them. I think that a lot of the VM's are very unnecessary, but children think like children, and their posts may seem silly to those of us who are more mature. There are children who are autistic that are making posts on WI, as well as children who feel all alone and want to belong. They may not know how to interact with others, but they are learning. Thank goodness, I have not seen much rudeness at all, which should not be tolerated, but then I just don't participate. I, also, can't stick to the "two sentence rule!" I love to tell stories, and make up poems, as you well know. If someone doesn't like it, just tell me and I will cheerfully stop, but I have many that say, "Keep them coming", or "You made my day!" etc.

I hope that all of you will be able to enjoy the friendships you make on WI. Don't abandon it because someone says something or does something that you don't like. YOU need to make it a better place for all of us!

Last edited by kathynew; 05-07-2011 at 10:54 AM..
kathynew is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #75
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

i agree! this is a kids site, but i remember i once saw a VERY inappropriate post. also, people on the DCT aren't always very fun. i remember my first time on the DCT, sometime around february, i was actually having fun! but even just since february the DCT has changed.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Thanks everyone for your comments. I still think WI is LOTS of fun! I love it here. I was just thinking we could all help just give it a breath of fresh air in certain sections. lol You know what I mean? It's an awesome site with awesome people.
i agree!

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
we were all Lil Kinz once.
even Justin? lol. i remember when i first joined WI and i had 9 posts and i thought 'wow that's a lot!' then i looked at people who had about 50,000 and i was amazed

Last edited by tigerdove; 05-07-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #76
kathynew

kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great
kathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be greatkathynew dares to be great

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Okay, so I still haven't mastered all the abbreviations! What is DCT? And while I'm at it--what does XD mean? Yes, I will feel dumb when I find out the answer!

Cute Bunny Clowns, by the way!
kathynew is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #77
I'm Maggie

starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!

This is the best idea ever. I think even Ww has changed, but that's not what we're talking about. I would love to com involved in this, so I will subscribe to this and hopefully do it. Great ideas everyone!!! Everyones posting like 5 paragraphs, but I don't know what else to put. lol

View Post Originally Posted by kathynew
Okay, so I still haven't mastered all the abbreviations! What is DCT? And while I'm at it--what does XD mean? Yes, I will feel dumb when I find out the answer!

DCT=daily chat thread.
xD is a face. D the mouth and x the eyse.

Last edited by starmaggie; 05-07-2011 at 11:24 AM..
starmaggie is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #78

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by kathynew

DCT is daily chat thread. And xD is a smiley. It's sort of like a sarcastic version of : D I guess.
geros9 is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #79
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I should go back and ammend my first post. There are quite a few members here that are like shining lights everywhere they go. ♥ You are the breath of fresh air that I'm talking about.
I have a personality that seems to want to please everyone, all the time. Which of course, gets me into trouble. lol I guess that I was trying to solve the reason for some discontent. I always think that the solution to any discontent is to start from the inside, not the resulting effects.
kathynew, you are so wise. I have learned a lot from you. ♥
Desty is offline Female
Old 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #80
webkinz emo vampire
StarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guide

Desty, I love how you are so positive. I'm not really a bright person, but this lifted up my mood. Thanks.

: )
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, blu likes pie, bunny clowns r fun!!!, he.p. everything!, hercule poirat, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, lhl was here, starmaggie loves wi, starmaggie was here, tigerdove is a kid, wi staff rocks!!!, you are beautiful!