Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #61
Call me Luna!
Webkinz :)
 
Ms.Pacman's Avatar
Ms.Pacman is just really niceMs.Pacman is just really nice

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

I completely agree with what your are saying. I've been a member of WI for a little over a year now, but I have been reading it for much longer. When my friend first told me about it, it was a fun, goofy, forum for people who enjoyed Webkinz. Now, everything is very serious and everyone just seems kinda down-hearted.
If everybody limited their ranting and replaced it with joking, I think everyone would have a much better time on WI, even better than they already do.

Last edited by Ms.Pacman; 05-04-2011 at 07:30 PM..
Ms.Pacman is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #62
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by murphy20071
Yeah, I left WI for a while, come back and WI is separated into cliques like SparkleHippo mentioned, if you talk to a certain clique they will just ignore you and keep talking. It's pretty much like a mini high-school now in the Open Mike section because of the older members sticking to only that section.
I think that's how I would describe it as well. I've returned from a long break as well, and I've decided that things haven't gotten better-rather in the opposite direction. It's disappointing that certain individuals have to linger, bringing their real life habits to what is supposed to be a family-friendly forum. And believe me-I know what these people are like-I deal with them every day in real life. The DCT is ugly. I come here for Webkinz info and discover more than I look for-in a negative way. And you know what? It doesn't bother me-because I know I have the power to leave. And that's the only way to fix things sometimes. Let the bullies talk viciously and waste time with each other until they're senseless- they make their decisions and there is just so much a good influence will do.

I make it a point to go by the morals that have been in my family for generations-and I am not a hypocrite-I apply them everywhere. Obviously these people weren't taught proper behavior, or choose not to behave courteously, and we will see where they "go" in life.

Don't let them bother you by any means-you do not have to stand for this. Life holds so much more than having to deal with something that you don't even have to deal with. Obviously we cannot do much to ameloriate things here, so we can just stand from afar-if near at all.
samoyeds43 is offline
Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #63
Webkinz :)
 
kayla8209's Avatar
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
I think that's how I would describe it as well. I've returned from a long break as well, and I've decided that things haven't gotten better-rather in the opposite direction. It's disappointing that certain individuals have to linger, bringing their real life habits to what is supposed to be a family-friendly forum. And believe me-I know what these people are like-I deal with them every day in real life. The DCT is ugly. I come here for Webkinz info and discover more than I look for-in a negative way. And you know what? It doesn't bother me-because I know I have the power to leave. And that's the only way to fix things sometimes. Let the bullies talk viciously and waste time with each other until they're senseless- they make their decisions and there is just so much a good influence will do.

I make it a point to go by the morals that have been in my family for generations-and I am not a hypocrite-I apply them everywhere. Obviously these people weren't taught proper behavior, or choose not to behave courteously, and we will see where they "go" in life.

Don't let them bother you by any means-you do not have to stand for this. Life holds so much more than having to deal with something that you don't even have to deal with. Obviously we cannot do much to ameloriate things here, so we can just stand from afar-if near at all.
Me too me too
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #64
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru
 
robertcleveland's Avatar
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Hi everyone! While I was responding to Hollister's poll 'Has WI changed?', I posted this:

I would love to suggest something. Sort of a challenge to everyone here. (including me) Since I've noticed that other older members have also said that they notice a gradual change too..why don't WE take the reins and work on making WI a more positive atmosphere.??

For instance;
- Fewer 'rant' threads. Don't get me wrong- I do understand that they are sometimes necessary and healthy, but let's try to limit those. Remember, you do influence people with those.
- More threads that are positive and building up of others. Like, accomplishments or things that you are looking forward to.
- Threads that are just simply more fun.
I always have felt that if things are not exactly the way you like it, then try to change something. What do you guys think of this? I'm truly open to your ideas.
I Agree, for the newer members go to the bottom of the front page and take a trip back in time, I did one night after my DS told me of some tongue in cheek articles of four or five years ago, you will know you found the treasure when you are ROFLOL, like I was.

I always try to make light of Ganz's gaffs, like my dear friend Dragonbird does so well. We should all try to be helpful, supportive, and lets have fun this is a kid's game after all.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #65
I luvz U!
 
Webberlily's Avatar
Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by 000000005
A good example; food fights aren't allowed now Dx
Yes of course food fights ARE allowed. They are allowed on the Open Mike DCT.

You can also have food fight games in the Are You Game forum.

It's occasionally happened that food fights just got too wild and might have been stopped.

If ever you're in doubt about whether something is allowed, or wondering why it's not allowed, just PM a staff member. We're all really nice.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #66
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru
 
ClaraZ25's Avatar
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

I agree Desty. It can be so easy to fall into that trap.

Lets make WI more fun

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Yes of course food fights ARE allowed. They are allowed on the Open Mike DCT.

You can also have food fight games in the Are You Game forum.

It's occasionally happened that food fights just got too wild and might have been stopped.

If ever you're in doubt about whether something is allowed, or wondering why it's not allowed, just PM a staff member. We're all really nice.
That would be a good idea for a game in the Are You Game forum. Someone should definitely create one, preferably someone with experience in such matters
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #67
Banned
French Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

I personally really like this idea. Some people are just constantly irritated and annoyed and they often take it out on others. If someone is having is having a bad day, most of us aren't really wanting to hear it on the dct. We want to hear it somewhere else, and having the entire Open Mike section cluttered with advice and rant threads is definitely not the way to go, either. I think that there should be another "sub section" in the "It's a Social Thing" section called 'Advice and Opinions' or something along those lines. Nice idea! (:
French Zebra is offline Female
Old 05-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #68
Webkinz :)
 
Centex Homes 1's Avatar
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

What did i miss??
Centex Homes 1 is offline
Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #69
Webkinz :)
 
uniquecowgirl's Avatar
uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss
uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Hi everyone! While I was responding to Hollister's poll 'Has WI changed?', I posted this:

I would love to suggest something. Sort of a challenge to everyone here. (including me) Since I've noticed that other older members have also said that they notice a gradual change too..why don't WE take the reins and work on making WI a more positive atmosphere.??

For instance;
- Fewer 'rant' threads. Don't get me wrong- I do understand that they are sometimes necessary and healthy, but let's try to limit those. Remember, you do influence people with those.
- More threads that are positive and building up of others. Like, accomplishments or things that you are looking forward to.
- Threads that are just simply more fun.
I always have felt that if things are not exactly the way you like it, then try to change something. What do you guys think of this? I'm truly open to your ideas.
ohh i luv your ideagreat job
uniquecowgirl is offline Female
Old 05-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #70
ould you?
Gift Guru
 
Amygirl8's Avatar
Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

I totally agree. I joined WI a little over two years ago and back then it was great and cheerful, everyone was friendly and joking, and I lvoed the positive atmosphere. I stopped coming about 3 months ago, though. There was a lot of turmoil going on in the Kc section where I hang out the most, and the atmoshpere was tense. I came back now, and I guess it sort of seemed that WI was like a "ghost town". There weren't many new threads, and taking a look at some of the threads it seems like no ones posting. for example, a while ago the kinzcash club was averaging a good 600-700 posts a month. I come back, see all my oldfriends except for a couple are gone, and the club had 41 posts.
That actually brought tears to my eyes, I was so upset that everyone left and the one thing I loved THE MOST about WI was barely moving along....
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany‚ô•, blu likes pie, bunny clowns r fun!!!, he.p. everything!, hercule poirat, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, lhl was here, starmaggie loves wi, starmaggie was here, tigerdove is a kid, wi staff rocks!!!, you are beautiful!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts