Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #31
onders never cease
Gift Guru

Puppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonder

Default Re: A Challenge for WI :)

View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
I like this idea... I've only made one ranting/complaining thread. How about the Mods make a ranting/complaining SECTION, so all those threads could be there, if anybody wanted to rant, they could just post it there instead of flood Open Mike with it. (seriously, I've seen rants even in the DCT!)
I like the Mods, and never complained about that. On most sites, Mods BARELY post ANYTHING but the rules. Over here though, they POST things, and don't ban you if you break one little rule.
I'd LOVE it if WI was more light-hearted, not complaining about a scammer in KC+... ect, ect. Again, I LOVE this idea.
Good idea if they could limit who get on those threads like the gifted people. They might consider it. Call it the "Ihave to get this off my chest " or something with a little more zip to it Maybe you have to be over a certain age like sixteen or something. You'd still would have to follow the rules they set up. okay I think I'm rambling now but You get the drift I think.
Puppet is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #32
Gifted

lightning bolt is sweet stuff
lightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stufflightning bolt is sweet stuff

That is a good idea Desty!! I think this would make WI a more friendly place!!

Everyone has wonderful ideas!!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #33
Webkinz :)

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Puppet
Good idea if they could limit who get on those threads like the gifted people. They might consider it. Call it the "Ihave to get this off my chest " or something with a little more zip to it Maybe you have to be over a certain age like sixteen or something. You'd still would have to follow the rules they set up. okay I think I'm rambling now but You get the drift I think.
WI does not allow sections or threads to be blocked by an age limit because it is a family friendly forum.
geros9 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #34
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

I think they did something funny today.......
WE THINK A ADMIN PUT A BUNNY CLOWN IN #1NFL FAN'S AVVIE!
When she logged on she found it on her avvie!
889wlry is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #35
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm and support! Your kind words mean a lot. I want to just make something really clear..I'm NOT bashing the staff at all. I love the mods and admins here. You all are amazing and work so hard, and I'm very greatful for you all. I think that ALL OF US have contributed to a bit of a 'grumpier' site. (thanks for that description MeWuvKitties ) lol And I wanted to find a way to gather everyone to make it better.
I would never want to suggest that the staff shouldn't enforce the rules. The rules are good!
But, I was just reading some of the very first front page articles here on WI. They were peppered with some really funny articles and stories, that I know would be deleted instantly today. I was just maybe hoping for a little more of that type of fun again to be allowed. Maybe that's not possible.
Anyway, I was only trying to find a reason that people were thinking WI has changed, and that was my honest assessment. For better or for worse. I love this site, and the people on it. Thank you all for making it awesome. ♥
Desty is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #36
#1Michael Landon fan

#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent

I agree Desty, I have even noticed this happening. And I have only been here for less than 6 months !
#1NFL FAN is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #37
oe is me !!

Bubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundBubblesluver821 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I agree with this! When I first posted on the poll I didn't see it, but looking back... it has become kind of ranty and sarcastic. =[
Bubbles likey. =]]
|
|
V
View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
I like this idea... I've only made one ranting/complaining thread. How about the Mods make a ranting/complaining SECTION, so all those threads could be there, if anybody wanted to rant, they could just post it there instead of flood Open Mike with it. (seriously, I've seen rants even in the DCT!)
I like the Mods, and never complained about that. On most sites, Mods BARELY post ANYTHING but the rules. Over here though, they POST things, and don't ban you if you break one little rule.
I'd LOVE it if WI was more light-hearted, not complaining about a scammer in KC+... ect, ect. Again, I LOVE this idea.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #38
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Keep in mind that this is a hudge site. As Justin posted, we are now in the top 100 forums on the internet! That is just awsome! Therefore, the mods/admins need to consistantly enforce the rules. Anything that comes close to inappropriate soon does become way out of hand, w/ so many viewers, & people posting.

Please also keep in mind that the mods/admins are volunteers. They care for each member a great deal. And they want each member to have a fun experience. Please do not see rule enforcement as anything other than a deep concern for EVERYONE's enjoyment & safety. Members are always welcome to pm any mod/admin or post on their profile for a questions. WI staff always explain the rules & give each and every member an opportunity to clarify the rules. Each member is responsible for his/her own behavior.

Desty, I like your suggestion of keeping posts positive. Ganz rant threads tend to get way out of hand, & what's the point, really? We are here because we are fans of webkinzs. IMHO, if someone has lost interest in WW, that is fine. There are many fun things to do on WI . But posting angry Ganz-bashing threads has no purpose. A constructive approach, such as tweeting Ganz or calling Ganz or writing a suggestion on ww, is much more beneficial
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #39
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I don't think we are grumpy people at all...we do have to be "police" sometimes to keep such a large forum safe for all ages. I think all of us staff members post all over the place and still have fun, I don't have all the posts I have from Moderating, you don't get posts that way. And we were all Lil Kinz once.
Some people, not most, have moved on from playing Webkinz actively and stay because it is such a warm and friendly place to be and have made friends. Some have outgrown it and moved on because of disinterest. But new people initially come here because of Webkinz. That's what we are mainly about.
We have to have rules, we have to delete certain things, we can't allow every single random thread that's posted, but there are also things that have relaxed and changed in good ways as well.
I LOVE this place and I hope if you're here you see that there are SO many sections to visit and read and post about and do, that you enjoy it, and if there are other things we don't cover, that's what the rest of the whole World wide web is there to explore.
Let's just start off with the fact that I wish I could quote everyone's posts! As that would make my post... super, super, long, I'm not going to do that today, haha. I really, really enjoy and respect this thread. Desty - thank you so much for bringing this up. I think we all need a good amount of cheer and happiness in our lives, WI included.

There's not much else for me to say, as you guys have covered most all of it! I did want to bring up Jennie's post, as it stood out a lot for me. WE LOVE THE STAFF. Let's make that clear. At least I do, anyway. As she (and momwhoplays) said, they're here to make WI a better place all around. Now, I don't want to make this into a thread about staff, so I'll keep this short. Maybe we should all pay a little more respect to our moderators and administrators - they're what keeps WI going!

Thank you for posting your opinions, everyone. This is how we know WI still has some of that old "spunk" we miss so much!

As for me, I'll be taking up the challenge. And I hope you will too.

Tiger
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #40
I'm a Piano Playing

gymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, Desty!
I totally agree with you, when I first joined WI it was a much cheerier place. I had a lot of fun on here, and I remember how surprised I was to find so many nice, helpful people.

Now that I think about it, there has been a gradual change concerning this. I've noticed more and more "rant" or "complain" threads, especially in the Open Mike section. These can be a major bummer! Especially since a lot of members come one here to cheer themselves up. Of course, I think rants or complains should not be stopped all together because they are healthy for WI and for us, especially if you have a problem that really needs to be brought into attention. I just think there should be less, or I think there should atleast be a lighter mood on the threads. For example, instead of saying "I hate how this person did this and I hate this about WI and I'm going to qut if this isn't fixed, etc.", you can say "I think it should be brought to attention that this person did this and I'm wondering how I should handle this situation? Some advice is really appreciated! Thanks so much!". See the difference?

I also really like how Priceless brought up that it isn't that hard to write 2 sentences. This is so true, and I really think WI will be a more happy, cheerful place with better posts! Instead of saying "LOL that's funny" you can say "That's hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing that with us! It just made my day! ".

I think making a few changes like these will really help get WI back to how it use to be. (:
gymnasttaylor is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, blu likes pie, bunny clowns r fun!!!, he.p. everything!, hercule poirat, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, lhl was here, starmaggie loves wi, starmaggie was here, tigerdove is a kid, wi staff rocks!!!, you are beautiful!