Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Roll Tide ^_^
Gifted

softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!

Default Re: Be Careful What you Say...

What a great thread!! I'm sure I've said some things unintentionally that have insulted or offended people. I'll definitely be extra careful from now on! I know what it's like to feel insulted about something, even when you know the other person didn't mean to do it. Thank you for posting!
softballgirlnw is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Yes, I agree. Thanks for making this thread. (:

This is something that everyone can improve on.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
Webkinz :)
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

I don't see your example as very rude, but maybe to someone young. I guess it's probably a good idea to be as nice as possible, even if we aren't so nice in real life, for the sake of the rules of the website and young members. So yeah, thanks for the reminder. x]
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 03-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #14

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by Elephant
You can't really flag things like this because it wouldn't insult anyone bu t me.

Wow. That is rude.
Thanks for understanding guys!
Actually, you can. If you feel it is rude, you can flag it! It does not matter how many users the comment is directed to, if you feel it is not allowed, you just need to let us know. We are more than happy to take a look at it, we just need to be made aware of it.

We should also remember that text can be very hard to understand what you or I may be really trying to say. A lot of communication is actually body language! We try to make up for it with little phrases like "lol" or smile faces but text does not always get the true intent of our words across correctly.

That does not mean, however, that you should still go around posting rude messages and if you find them please let us know! That is all it takes.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 03-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

It's sure rude, you are very right. We need to go over our posts if it's something we disagree with, and then try editing it if we think it is hurting others. It's mostly in polls, I see.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #16
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I agree with MissGnomie.

Sometimes it helps to re-read your post before you submit it.

While you are typing, you have one thought in mind, but when you re-read the post sometimes you notice that what you typed is not what you MEANT at all.

That way, you can change it BEFORE feeelings are hurt.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
Sarah!
Banned
lovepuppy10 will become famous soon enough

Yuy hav a pont elephant
lovepuppy10 is offline Female
Old 03-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
likes being a
Gift Guru

yummee2 is a glorious beacon of lightyummee2 is a glorious beacon of light

I try to remember that there are younger people on this site who have not learned all the social graces yet. That said, its always a good time to learn
As someone who was just diagnosed as gluten-intolerant, I was delighted to read that the Outback steakhouse offers a gluten-free menu. I am still learning what I can and cannot eat.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #19
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

i completely agree with you ;; some people really get their feelings hurt on here from what people say! if you every see anything that's rude, please flag it.
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 03-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
Webkinz :)
Dark Hunter will become famous soon enough

Everyone is allowed their own opinions, BUT I do agree that when dealing with others we should always think before we type. What we may think it funny or a joke may not come off that way to others when they are just reading the words we type. It's hard to put the proper inflections to words when you can't show your facial expressions to share your humor. So I agree completely with this. Think before you type, and try to always consider the others feelings first.
Dark Hunter is offline Female
Closed