Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

kt150 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Can someone explain about what we ARE allowed to post?

I'm not angry at anyone specifically. It's just a little upsetting not knowing some of these rules beforehand. Before I break any more rules, are we allowed to share unreleased info at all but without sharing pics and links? I mean, can I just make a thread and say, "Hey! I read somewhere that these items - blah, blah, blah - are going to be the Webkinz Cares prizes! Can't post pics or links, though!" Are we allowed to privately send links and pics through PM's??
kt150 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

What if thread on rumors were allowed but had to be labeled as "Rumor" in the subject line or not confirmed something like that?

I think kt150 has a valid point,especially about the fact that there is a section just for breaking news and rumors.

I agree that sometimes rumors get out of hand and sometimes pictures are obtained wrongly so I agree about the pictures but there has to be something in the middle that is allowed. I seriously doubt ganz is going to send it's lawyers to shut down WI because someone reported something they saw or found out before ganz was ready to tell us. If we always waited on ganz we would be clueless.Look how long the contest page has been stuck on the hunt still. What about all the things people spot like new pets or new foods.Should we keep it to ourselves because ganz didn't say anything about it yet?
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Don't feel bad with as many rules as there are at times you might not get it right and have a thread closed. WI does that not to be difficult but to protect all of us. Its not fun to make a mistake and miss it, its also not fun to have a thread shut down..especially when you think its a fun thread..or didn't intend for it to turn out to be what it was. WI really has something special for all of us here and I respect the legal issues they face with Ganz. In order to operate this community they have to have these rules in place in order to allow us all some fun but within the limits that Ganz sets as well. It might be best to just not ever post a picture of an unknown webkinz without first contacting a moderator. As much fun as it is to speculate, it could cause the site harm and if it did...all of us would suffer with the loss of WI. So in that light...being able to discuss everything and include pictures isn't worth the loss of WI.

I have a motto: Truth is always best anything else let it rest. Rumors are not always truth so...I guess maybe they are not the best thing to discuss if it will lead to a harmful result.

There are so many things to discuss, I don't think we all will lose out by not knowing everything before everyone else.

Last edited by Tula; 05-29-2008 at 10:36 PM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

kt150 will become famous soon enough

I completely understand that now. I won't post pictures or links. But my question is still this: Can we DISCUSS information we got from other sources without pics or links? Can we PM each other the pics and links? I want to know the rules before I end up breaking them.
kt150 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Controlling rumors is a very delicate and tricky thing. There are a lot of factors that go into our decisions to delete a "rumor" type thread.

Take the Whimsey Dragon for instance. In the first week of the rumor mill wildfire, there were numerous threads of people stating things like "Go out and buy your dragon now because I heard it is retired!!!" We also saw threads stating (with "confirmation") that Ganz is now "only shipping a certain amount of Webbies per shipment!" We also heard that the rest of the shipment "has been delayed in customs. " We also heard that "the fabric has run out and they'll be making a different kind of Whimsey Dragon in the future." Its a tricky thing I tell ya.

We take great care in our moderation and nothing is deleted unless it should be. Theres a certain amount of trust that you have to have in us. Theres also no way for us to spell out and detail all the reasons as there are so many variables. But you also have to look at it as...just because your thread is deleted doesn't mean we're mad at you. If we delete a thread, we give you a reason. Theres not a lot of room (literally...we're limited to the number of characters we can type in the reason for deletion) to be apologetic about it or explain it in a delicate manner. If, however, you continue to post the same thread or types of threads and they keep getting deleted, then we might take notice and take a harder line approach.

As for the pictures, so that you can make good decisions on your own, I'll tell you what I look for. When Ganz releases images they have a Ganz logo or watermark on them. The pictures you linked to did not. Now...if WI posts a picture that doesn't have an official Ganz logo on it, I can assure you that it has been sent to Ganz and we've received written confirmation of it.

We appreciate the desire for us to have up-to-date information but we stand hard-fast in our decisions not to post these images (even when we have to delete so many threads and answer all the pms in our box about the new information). If that means we post some of the information a day after everyone else, so be it. We've never received a threatening legal letter from Ganz. We have a solid reputation with them...and a solid reputation with our members. We've never posted false information. While there are other sites that can stake that claim, not all can. We enjoy the fact that we can.

All of this also led us to filtering sites that don't comply with Ganz's policies. People kept posting links to these sites and it negates the whole reasoning behind our policies. You post a link on our forum...its still the same thing as posting the image. When someone tries to post a link and it comes out with a bunch of asterisks that should tell them that for some reason, the forum filter won't allow that to be posted. When someone adds spaces to get around the filter or our policies, we'll delete that thread as well.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed