Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

kt150 will become famous soon enough

Default Can someone explain about what we ARE allowed to post?

I just don't understand. Why are so many threads closed just because they shared info they found that WI hasn't found yet? Of course the info hasn't been confirmed by Ganz... but it should be shared nonetheless.

If we aren't allowed to share this stuff (future Webkinz, unconfirmed PSI's, etc), then why does WI have this section:

Click the image to open in full size.

It's for rumors... so... we should be allowed to post pics and share info we read from other websites. Right? I'm just confused, and I'm tired of threads being closed just for sharing what they found... maybe WI should catch up with other sites and post Breaking News quicker. I'm not trying to be rude, but I enjoy seeing unconfirmed pics and info... rumor or not.
kt150 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Gifted

cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Can someone explain about what we ARE allowed to post?

Uncomfirmed info maybe allowed, but pictures are a different story. Most of those pictures are hacked. Since hacking is illegal it only makes sense to close threads with hacked pictures. WI doesn't want ot be part of illegal activity.
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

How do we know what pictures have been gotten illegally? If we can't post pictures, can we post links to the sites that have the pictures?
kt150 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

cheekycat has good advice
i love summer is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

you have a point about that section, however, Ganz has a rule that prohibits posting of unauthorized information and WI always follows Ganz's rules first.

so unauthorized pictures are not allowed and we also consider WI a source of reliable information so we discourage rumors too. perhaps we should re-title that section.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Less glitchy than
Webkinz :)

Spinda will become famous soon enough

I understand about the unauthorized pictures, but what's so bad about rumors? Rumors are fun to speculate about and if a rumor turns out to be wrong, it's no big deal.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Spinda
I understand about the unauthorized pictures, but what's so bad about rumors? Rumors are fun to speculate about and if a rumor turns out to be wrong, it's no big deal.
That's how I feel! I understand now about the problem with pictures. From now on I'll only post links to other websites that have the unconfirmed info and pics (there shouldn't be anything wrong with that...) But I don't understand why we can't all share info we found... hey, it might help WI gets more Breaking News faster. I just don't think it's fair to limit what we can and can't talk about and share on WI. That's the point of the forum, isn't it? To share experiences and information. So long as we specify that what we are sharing may only be a rumor - then it shouldn't be a problem.
kt150 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #8
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

We don't want to break the news if Ganz hasn't released it. We'd hate for their lawyers to shut us down.

don't you also appreciate that you can believe the information you read here is true?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

I do appreciate that very much! But I see no wrong in sharing rumors. From now on, I'm going to share info I've read... but I won't post pictures or links (since I just discovered my thread was closed because we can't even share links to other sites with "hacked information.")

And if people want to know that info (which they have the right to know if they want), then I can just PM them the link. Or is that also against the rules?

---------- kt150 added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

Oh forget it. Delete this thread, too. I think these rules need to be widely shared with the WI community. I know I'm not the only one who didn't know that sharing pictures, rumors, unconfirmed info, and links to other sites was against the rules.

I just don't like feeling like the bad WI member breaking all the rules.

Last edited by kt150; 05-29-2008 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kt150 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

i'm not opposed to thought provoking discussion. please know we're just trying to balance ganz rules with our members need to know!
Closed