Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Can mods/admins read our PMs?

I was just ondering. I know f there's soemthing potentially innapropriate or soemthing, yuo should forward it to a person of authority, but I know that I have conversations with my friends here and I was just wondering this
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Can mods/admins read our PMs?

I think they can read your PMs if they want to.
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

Floyd Pink will become famous soon enough

In each forum software I know of including this one, YES PMs can be seen by admins. I also know that admins usually have no interest in reading everyone's PMs. So, yes they CAN read them if they want, but they normally don't bother.

J
Floyd Pink is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Yeah, they can But most of the time they don't really bother, like Floyd Pink said, because there are so many PM's going around this forum.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way

On most forums admins/mods can read PMs, but most hosts don't encourage it.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

They can read them, but I'm sure they only go through them if the person does something inappropriate. There is no way they could go through every single PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

cmf63 will become famous soon enough

YUP they can!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yes, I think they can. I also don't think they'd even bother considering all of the PM's in our forum. I would guess that they'd only read the PM's if someone complaints that someone wrote something inapropriate. And possibly- they may check to see that people aren't trading over PM if they aren't Gift Guru status. But I don't think that last part is quite right. But, I don't think Justin and Wendy would encourage staff to check our PM's-- and if they do, only for our safety.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
Yes, I think they can. I also don't think they'd even bother considering all of the PM's in our forum. I would guess that they'd only read the PM's if someone complaints that someone wrote something inapropriate. And possibly- they may check to see that people aren't trading over PM if they aren't Gift Guru status. But I don't think that last part is quite right. But, I don't think Justin and Wendy would encourage staff to check our PM's-- and if they do, only for our safety.
Yes, if staff are suspicious that innapropiate things are happening between members in PMs, of course they should check them. The hosts of forums like vBulletin, SMF, Forummotion, sometimes don't encourage the reading of PMs, but staff members can if needed.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Floyd Pink
In each forum software I know of including this one, YES PMs can be seen by admins. I also know that admins usually have no interest in reading everyone's PMs. So, yes they CAN read them if they want, but they normally don't bother.

J
I couldn't have said it better myself.
FIA is offline Female
Closed