Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/can-i-have-your-webkinz-username-486277/)

webfrog100503-25-2009 11:56 AM

Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
I have been searching around the internet looking at other Webkinz forums ( WI is the best) and I have seen people asking can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code. Please do not tell them I wouldnt want all the members of WI to lose their accounts to some person that they don't even now! I have seen things like this I am a poor mother who cannot buy my seven year old daughter her dream present a Webkinz I have not a penny to my name and really would like it if someone could give me their Webkinz username,password, and secret code please My daughter would be so happy. She is in tears every night because I don't even have enough money to buy a house, food, and clothing. My daughter goes to bed hungry every night without having anything to eat. Welfare won't give us checks. So can I please have your Webkinz usernames, passwords, and secret codes my daughter would appreciate it so much. :(

Here is what someone said the computer you are on right now is worth more than 200 Webkinz you can buy them on ebay for 99 cents.



This person is probably lying but she might not be but WI I want to keep you safe so PLEASE don't give out our username, password and secret codes to anyone. You can give out your username but not password and secret code with it!

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening ~webfrog1005~

Keep your password and secret code safe please!!!

Please comment

oon2303-25-2009 12:00 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Awesome reminder! :thumbup:The computer she's probably on cost 300$! IT obivous the "mom" is lying; that's truly sad that people would do that.
Thanks for posting this! You deserve a well-earned REP!

--oon23

Ergoiam03-25-2009 12:02 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
That was my first thought, believe me if I had a child who was going to bed hungry. I would be working a second job, I wouldn't be on the computer unless it was a typing job bring in money to buy food. That computer and anything else that I could sell would be right out the door.
Total agree, never give out any personal information over the computer or anywhere else for that matter.

webfrog100503-25-2009 12:10 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Thanks for commenting guys I would be working a million jobs so my daughter wouldn't be hungry!

tokyo rose03-25-2009 12:11 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Well, she could be using a public computer at her local library....
But, even if that was the case, I still think this is very suspicious because she is asking for your username and password. (Oh, and the secret code) If she was indeed a financially challenged mother whose only wish is to have a Webkinz account for her daughter, all she needs is to get an unused pet code. Really, all she needs is to find someone kind enough to donate an unused code. Why would she need someone else's username and password? To me it is almost obvious what she is planning to do with them. ::)

I hope no one will be fooled by things like this. Thank you for the GREAT reminder!:thumbup:

K123403-25-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Your story is absolutely a good example of how caring people get ****** in by scams like these. If someone is on the internet which is a fee to use, and have a computer $400+ to have... they can afford a webkinz. I get them all of the time on E-Bay most are less tha $6. Except for the new or retired ones of course. The only time I pay full price is if I need a specific one for a gift and don't have time to shop around.
Thanks for reminding us all to keep are information to ourselves.

Another thing that people should do is change their password atleast every 4-6 weeks. Make sure it is something random which includes letters and numbers.
For example: blueflower33, redbike010, monday55, ect.
Don't use your name,a friends name, or a username as a password.

webfrog100503-25-2009 12:25 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Or you can use a made up word like blubanna

bjkinzluvr03-25-2009 12:27 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Tokyo Rose is absolutely correct. Whether she owns the computer or not, whoever it really is, has no right to ask such things. And anyone on Webkinz should know better. This is a great lesson for parents to impress upon their kids though.

Thanks for bringing it up.

webfrog100503-25-2009 12:34 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Thanks for the comments! anyone else?

fluffypup03-25-2009 12:50 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
This is a very big safety percation for your spent money and your webkinz account. You never know if you can trust someone with you webkinz in their hands. Even if the person seems nice, they might be tricking you into something.
I think that is is sometimes okay to give out your usrname, if you want to be friends with someone, but you still have to keep in mind when you do that, your occount still has that slight risk. thanks for bringing this up, rep for the great reminder!
-Fluffypup

webfrog100503-25-2009 12:52 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Thanks guys!

nello1003-25-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Oh my gosh, a very good rep for you in reminding us of the horrible things that people will do to get your password and such. I don't know how anyone can do such a thing like that but in reality, there are people like that. One time in the chatroom at the WW, I was asked to give my password so her animal can take my account to feed her hungry animals. I said, "No!!!", that she can play games to earn money to feed them. Another player came over and said I was being mean to the hungry animals!! Can you beat that? It is scary out here!!
Nello10

webfrog100503-25-2009 01:01 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
It is very scary

fanaty03-25-2009 01:50 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
:( thats sad. i had a friend that found someone asking for usernames and passwords on ask dot com saying if u do i will send your account a special rare item. well someone sent their little sisters id in so out of curiosity my friend went to the account and used the pw given to log in and the account was wiped out completely. she was just a young girl and was so upset but what can you do you know other than just not give out info like that. i wish we could have comforted the little girl who lost everything.

dizzyfish10103-25-2009 01:56 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Good reminder :)

dandogkinie03-25-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Sure! My user name is da- Wait!
You tricked me!


Grr! Those people make me angry!

Never fall for it, thanks for the reminder.:bow:

muzicfreak03-25-2009 02:24 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K1234 (Post 13662504)
Your story is absolutely a good example of how caring people get ****** in by scams like these. If someone is on the internet which is a fee to use, and have a computer $400+ to have... they can afford a webkinz. I get them all of the time on E-Bay most are less tha $6. Except for the new or retired ones of course. The only time I pay full price is if I need a specific one for a gift and don't have time to shop around.
Thanks for reminding us all to keep are information to ourselves.

Another thing that people should do is change their password atleast every 4-6 weeks. Make sure it is something random which includes letters and numbers.
For example: blueflower33, redbike010, monday55, ect.
Don't use your name,a friends name, or a username as a password.

Yes changeing your password is a good Idea
Also if you see some one say I have this cheat that you can download but it has to be on your computer and there are a lot of risks to it blah blah and then they ask for you username ans password. Don't give it out! What I did when I saw it is well if it's so greart can you give us a link to it or tell us the web adress and the guy was like sorry no. Don't do that either chances are they just want all your stuff and KC and what not because they're just trying to take advantage of people

Twins2203-25-2009 02:24 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
I made the mistake of doing that once, well, it was sort of like that. I told my cousin that I would log her Webkinz onto the computer for her, and she gave me the secret code. By accident, I logged it into my own account (I had never logged a Webkinz in before at that time, and didn't know that it would happen). The next day I told her what I had done, and that I was sorry. The reason I tried to log it on in the first place was because her computer wouldn't let her do it herself, and I thought I would help. Well, she didn't seem to mad at first, but a little bit more than a year went by, and she only went on once in awhile and spent my money on food. She didn't know how to sell things at the time, but she soon learned how. After getting my second Webkinz logged into WW right before the account expired, she learned how to use everything in WW. She sold nearly everything, almost wiping me out of all of my really good items. I would tell you what she sold, but I'm not supposed to post my stuff. All I'm saying is that it was good stuff. I did get some stuff sent to my sisters' accounts, but I still lost a lot. Now I can even change the password, but because she has a secret code on that account, it doesn't make a difference. The account is set to expire today! :( I still have a 2-week grace period though. I will just have to make the most of it though. Now I am going to miss the pets on that account forever. It was the oldest account in my family, and was logged in on April 14, 2006. Now I feel terrible that I ever logged my cousin's pet onto my account. If this website had been around back then, I might not have done it, but I did, and there's no changing that now. There is no use feeling sorry for myself. Now I have a new account, and I am working on getting some of my stuff back. I got back one of my best things from before, but I am not anywhere near where I started from. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope this fate doesn't fall upon any of you out there.

maddiroxx198503-25-2009 02:44 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
that is a dumb person! cant afford food? U ARE GETTIN HER A WEBKINZ! so u shouldnt even be fooled.

which means i agree with u

cmb12303-25-2009 02:45 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
very true! The computer is very expensive! What a liar. I dont think its right to ask for codes. someone spent there money on it!

maddiroxx198503-25-2009 02:46 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twins22 (Post 13664000)
I made the mistake of doing that once, well, it was sort of like that. I told my cousin that I would log her Webkinz onto the computer for her, and she gave me the secret code. By accident, I logged it into my own account (I had never logged a Webkinz in before at that time, and didn't know that it would happen). The next day I told her what I had done, and that I was sorry. The reason I tried to log it on in the first place was because her computer wouldn't let her do it herself, and I thought I would help. Well, she didn't seem to mad at first, but a little bit more than a year went by, and she only went on once in awhile and spent my money on food. She didn't know how to sell things at the time, but she soon learned how. After getting my second Webkinz logged into WW right before the account expired, she learned how to use everything in WW. She sold nearly everything, almost wiping me out of all of my really good items. I would tell you what she sold, but I'm not supposed to post my stuff. All I'm saying is that it was good stuff. I did get some stuff sent to my sisters' accounts, but I still lost a lot. Now I can even change the password, but because she has a secret code on that account, it doesn't make a difference. The account is set to expire today! :( I still have a 2-week grace period though. I will just have to make the most of it though. Now I am going to miss the pets on that account forever. It was the oldest account in my family, and was logged in on April 14, 2006. Now I feel terrible that I ever logged my cousin's pet onto my account. If this website had been around back then, I might not have done it, but I did, and there's no changing that now. There is no use feeling sorry for myself. Now I have a new account, and I am working on getting some of my stuff back. I got back one of my best things from before, but I am not anywhere near where I started from. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope this fate doesn't fall upon any of you out there.

i feel sorry for that. if u still have time, u can get anuther webbie and log it on there. oh well.

Hollister110703-25-2009 02:49 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
i just can't believe people do that kind of stuff......there is people like that in the world and if ur really notpoor why would u say u r to get free stuff??

honeyluv5503-25-2009 03:05 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
I agree with whoever posted earlier....
Why get her a WEBKINZ when you could get her FOOD? If her daughter goes to BED hungry, that means they have a HOUSE which she claimed that she doesn't. Of course, I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of lying. I'm just making an assumption. But, a webkinz won't keep her alive. You can buy a pack of juice boxes, bread, and cheese, maybe ham or salami, for under the price of a webkinz. And an E-store pet would be a lot cheaper for her to buy. How would her kid find out about webkinz? Saw 'em in the store? How do you get to that store without a car? Some of these are very mind-boggling questions, but if I was poor, getting shelter and foods would be on the top of my priorities; deffinately not a webkinz, lil-kinz, or any other stuffed toys.

:)

0jacksonredwall03-25-2009 03:17 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Definite lies. If they didnt have enough money for food why would they have a computer? THat disgusts me.

MissSparkle03-25-2009 03:35 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
I so agree! And what did that mom think? It's pretty obvious that she isn't poor at all. Like, where did the computer come from? The sky? Lol. Yeah, you shouldn't give your password at all. At any sites. I think my passwords are safe because I make up words . . . :2funny:

andrewhoya03-25-2009 03:41 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
if you see this on WI, flag it immediately. :)

Great reminder!

ICanHasWebkinz?03-25-2009 08:01 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
I hate when people run around asking for that stuff. Unless you really don't know better, you wouldn't give out your username, password, or secret code to anyone. Trust me on this one--- I have had password problems before and I lost my PRICELESS Red/Green Gem Tree. Very disappointing.

Twins2203-25-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanHasWebkinz? (Post 13671592)
I hate when people run around asking for that stuff. Unless you really don't know better, you wouldn't give out your username, password, or secret code to anyone. Trust me on this one--- I have had password problems before and I lost my PRICELESS Red/Green Gem Tree. Very disappointing.

Oh, that's too bad. :( I wish that people would just listen to their conscience. They have one, so they might as well use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiroxx1985 (Post 13664305)
i feel sorry for that. if u still have time, u can get anuther webbie and log it on there. oh well.


I do have a webkinz that I could still log into it, but it would still be a waste. I wouldn't be able to use it because she still goes on every once in awhile to take stuff. :( I have some good news though! She got a webbie for Christmas, and she logged it into a new account, and I figured out her password!

lizzyxwebkinz03-26-2009 07:02 AM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by webfrog1005 (Post 13662161)
I have been searching around the internet looking at other Webkinz forums ( WI is the best) and I have seen people asking can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code. Please do not tell them I wouldnt want all the members of WI to lose their accounts to some person that they don't even now! I have seen things like this I am a poor mother who cannot buy my seven year old daughter her dream present a Webkinz I have not a penny to my name and really would like it if someone could give me their Webkinz username,password, and secret code please My daughter would be so happy. She is in tears every night because I don't even have enough money to buy a house, food, and clothing. My daughter goes to bed hungry every night without having anything to eat. Welfare won't give us checks. So can I please have your Webkinz usernames, passwords, and secret codes my daughter would appreciate it so much. :(

Here is what someone said the computer you are on right now is worth more than 200 Webkinz you can buy them on ebay for 99 cents.



This person is probably lying but she might not be but WI I want to keep you safe so PLEASE don't give out our username, password and secret codes to anyone. You can give out your username but not password and secret code with it!

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening ~webfrog1005~

Keep your password and secret code safe please!!!

Please comment

Your right,and that example you used,if that person couldn't afford a house, how did they get a computer? xD Rep! great thread!

Keelee03-26-2009 07:21 AM

Re: Can I have your Webkinz username, password, and secret code?? NO
 
Saying your very poor and you Want WEBKINZ I'd say you should make money for FOOD, WATER, and shelter! Also yea, where did they get the computer from? Lol

I hope nobody tells anybody that~

Thanks for bringing it up!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC