Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #71
idgie6
Webkinz :)

puppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Calm down

When I Was younger on Here I Would Show Some Of my "OLD" Art Work. I don't want them to think I Stink at drawing. If you have nothing nice to say don't comment it! I Seem a little childish Because I'm Random There's nothing wrong with that right? I So Agree Also this is Called "Cyber Bullying". Trust me You don't want to get into a fight. Just Saying...
puppy girl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #72
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Yeah, I definitely agree with you! I know there are definitely some youngsters on this site, along with some oldsters, so some people may enjoy PBS Kids, while others enjoy soap operas. I think we definitely need to be more contientious of posting hateful remarks about media that could interest people who aren't the same age as us.

This is a good reminder
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #73
onderfully blessed
Gift Guru

HITR knows the way
HITR knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Fairmaidenbmt
Naturally there are younger ones on this website too. So if they bring up something a younger audience might be more likely to like (example:disney channel, different tv shows, or websites) it's really not necessary to freak out giving these paragraph long reasons why what they like is dumb and childish and terrible.

If it doesn't interest you don't post. If the majority of the posts are rude and you kind of agree with them still put an effort to be posative. Think of something nice to say. Calm down. LOL not everyone is going to like the same thing. I agree it's important to give your opinion but there are ways to put it in a nicer manner.
How sad that this happens, that's just unhealthy all the way around. The only thing I'd add to this is about the importance of giving an opinion. There are times where it's appropriate to give an opinion, and there are times when it's appropriate to keep an opinion to yourself. The wisdom is knowing when to share, and when to remain silent.

Hugs to all those who have been hurt by the needless, unnecessary words of others, and also to those who dole out their hurtful thoughts. I suspect both groups could use a little extra grace. Those who do these things are usually trying to feel better about themselves.

Blessings, hither
Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #74

luap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonderluap wows us all with wonder

I agree as well if there is something that someone likes but I don't like it I just keep quiet.
luap is offline Female
Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #75
Gifted

Diawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to behold

Great Post! I totally agree! Folks should always try to be nice before they are critical=)
~Dawn
Diawnie is offline Female
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #76

Emkinz is on a distinguished road

I am so glad you posted this. It is important for everyone to feel comfortable on this site.
If you don't hanve anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #77
Gift Guru

smvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a hero
smvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a herosmvmonkey was born a hero

Donation Award 

It comes down to respect.. It's ridiculous for "older" members to look down upon "younger" members for their interests, we were all that age once and were interested in those things. Obviously interests change as people develop and get older, I think some people take all of that way too serious. The age range on WI is so big and that's a big factor in the success of this website. It lures in so many people young and old because of all the different topics and interests that different age groups have. I have always said if you don't like it don't look at it. If a younger member is talking about how much they love Justin Bieber and you're not interested in that then don't take part of the conversation and go take part of something you're interested in. It blows my mind how people can't grasp the concept that different age ranges like different things and we were all that age once. That stuff may be childish to a person older than that, but it's not childish to the person who is a younger age and interested in it. Also, when people call other people "immature", of course they're immature that comes with the age they are. Obviously if you're young you're not going to have the life experience and wisdom of an adult. Maturity comes with experience and each age comes with a different level of maturity. I bet every single "older" person (I don't know if I'd call myself older, but I'm talking to myself too on this) on here was "immature" when they were younger, interested in 'childish' and 'silly' things, had interests that were targeted for that age group, and now that you have grown older you aren't interested in those things anymore, and now you're watching younger people on a website be interested in those things, but some people tend to forget that we were all naive and interested in kid things at one point and there's no need to be rude about anything.

You can't expect a younger person to have the same interests as an adult, it doesn't work that way, and since everyone is welcome to this website, then everyone just needs to tolerate each other and take part in what they're interested in and leave alone what they're not. Basic knowledge Everything the "younger" members on this website are interested in is harmless, and does not affect anyone who is "older" or not interested in that. Why go out of your way to make an unkind comment on something that makes someone happy, like I said multiple times, we were all young and liked things that were fun to like at that age.

Last edited by smvmonkey; 05-04-2012 at 03:43 AM..
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
b.r.o.o.k.e.l.y.n.n.e, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, jesus loves you!, loverofthetardis, luke, purpleowls got it goin on, purpleowls wuz here!, the shinigami queen, think outside the [box], tigerdove is here