Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Default Re: Calm down

There's a whole lot of people on this site of all ages, with different opinions. I see how you feel, but if you don't like it, you should go to the staff for help.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #32
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think the point of this thread though, is that it's not necessarily something to bother the mods about. In fact, this thread itself is not really a suggestion to them, but more of a friendly request to some members here, to just relax a bit with the whole 'I have SO outgrown that' kind of talk. Those posts are not really something to flag, they're just an opinion that could be stated in a more tolerant way. Not everything is solved with a red flag. Sometimes things can be headed off before they happen.
I would imagine that those people who say those things here, would never go into a kindergarten class (for example) and say to the kids there, "Oh my gosh, you are so immature". Of course they are. LOL Just stop and think for a moment before you post, that there are in fact kids here that are not as mature as others. That's all.

Last edited by Desty; 04-06-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #33

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

I totally agree. If you see a rude post flag it.
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

Reporting the post doesn't help.
The person could have said something not rude, but in a sense; saying they've outgrown it.
Which is going to hurt someone's feelings. But you can't flag it, because it's not rude.
This thread should be stickied.
zacspet is offline Male
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #35
talus9

talus9 has a reputation beyond reputetalus9 has a reputation beyond reputetalus9 has a reputation beyond reputetalus9 has a reputation beyond reputetalus9 has a reputation beyond reputetalus9 has a reputation beyond repute

Honey, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you don't like something, why bother taking time to write a whole mean post about it??
talus9 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Yes such a post would be totally flaggable.

I can't say it too many times, please no ages, in any form, with no exceptions. Please flag any post that refers to age, even just in the past.

Why? this post tells you that this member is older than 5. Elsewhere they might post, "I can't wait for my 12th birthday, it's so far in the future!" This is the way that predators work, narrowing an age range. Please flag any post with a reference to age, even if you think the age is too young to matter.

Your safety is our #1 concern.
I see in no way how saying "I did that when I was five" is supposed to be dangerous.
We have all been five before.
And I don't think that's even what she meant :3.
zacspet is offline Male
Old 04-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #37
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

when people say "oh i liked that when i was 5" or whatever...
which unfortunately i have probably done in the past just out of habit i guess

it kind of seems to me that they want some sort of superiority factor, like "oh i can secretly let my age go if people are smart enough to catch on and then i can feel more dominant because then they'll know i am older"

like using events to show how old you are if people know their dates or what not.
"oh, i bought the nintendo 64 when it first came out, and i was like 10!!"

which... it just seems stupid to me. age has nothing to do with anything on the internet.. people don't realize that different ages can get along. just because someone is younger doesn't mean they are less mature. people don't realize that

and i totally sailed off topic, whoops. but really, the final thing to get from this is:

Age doesn't matter on the internet, nor should it even be revealed for safety. It's not like being older will make you 'more powerful' or something so there is really no need to reveal or even hint at it.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Yes such a post would be totally flaggable.

I can't say it too many times, please no ages, in any form, with no exceptions. Please flag any post that refers to age, even just in the past.

Why? this post tells you that this member is older than 5. Elsewhere they might post, "I can't wait for my 12th birthday, it's so far in the future!" This is the way that predators work, narrowing an age range. Please flag any post with a reference to age, even if you think the age is too young to matter.

Your safety is our #1 concern.
889wlry is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #39
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I think this is just a friendly reminder, guys. I'm not trying to argue and I don't mewan to be rude in anyway. But it's good to have a reminder. I mean, if someone is posting like that again and again, reporting it isn't going to help. They'll either keep on or get banned. And we don't want that. So it's not hurting anything to have a reminder just letting people know that sometimes it's best to state your opinion in a nicer way, right? (:

And besides that, I think sometimes the people don't REALIZE thaty their posts come off rude or try to be mean. I've did that before and some people might not notice it without this thread. (;

Last edited by Craftyreader; 04-06-2012 at 09:38 PM..
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #40
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader

And besides that, I think sometimes the people don't REALIZE thaty their posts come off rude or try to be mean. I've did that before and some people might not notice it without this thread. (;
like mine!!!!!! ah

so many people assume that i come off as rude
and i'm just like

no.
Closed

Tags
b.r.o.o.k.e.l.y.n.n.e, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, jesus loves you!, loverofthetardis, luke, purpleowls got it goin on, purpleowls wuz here!, the shinigami queen, think outside the [box], tigerdove is here