Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!m12mm12m 12 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Calm down

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Yes such a post would be totally flaggable.

I can't say it too many times, please no ages, in any form, with no exceptions. Please flag any post that refers to age, even just in the past.

Why? this post tells you that this member is older than 5. Elsewhere they might post, "I can't wait for my 12th birthday, it's so far in the future!" This is the way that predators work, narrowing an age range. Please flag any post with a reference to age, even if you think the age is too young to matter.
I can't wait for my second birthday, it's just so far in the future.

Spoiler: show
There's also the probability that the person might be lying. For example my real birthday isn't out on the Internet anywhere. Even for setting up my account on WI, I put in fake information - age, birthdate, basically everything except for gender. That one's accurate.
m12mm12m 12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
#merome

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

agreed
but, there are lots of posts like that and just too much to flag so mods, if you see this, try not to end this thread with a "If you see a rude post, flag it" as there are too much to flag.
thanks (:
bunny90210 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #23
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

I don't understand why it's that hard for people just to reply:

"Oh! You like [insert whatever here]? Cool. I'm not much a fan, but it's cool you like it!"

It seems like people just want to insinuate controversy.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #24
Banned
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!

I agree completely with you. Only if people had a sense of heart and love, WI would be a peace-keeping website. But some people do not respact the fact that we have younger ones on the website.
During the polls, I just post the answer and that is it. I do not seem too interesting when it comes to polls, but it is fun according to me.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Even without the specific age references, the point I was trying to make was that there are a few members that have been putting down the ideas and likes of others in vague ways, just because it is referring to somethiing for a younger person. It's not always blatantly rude, just a thoughtless comment. A classic example is this (and I see it A LOT) - "I outgrew WW a long time ago"
I think this thread is a nice reminder to them that this site has a wide range of members, and to be sensitive to that.

Last edited by Desty; 04-06-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

I totally agree
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #27
Charizard is happily
Gifted

YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness
YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness

I completely agree. Most of the things I like are usually put down very harshly. It's not necessarily to me, but in general. The first one that comes to my mind in Justin Bieber. When I see a poll about him, I basically don't even touch it because guaranteed, most of the thread says why people hate him, and probably why people who like him are stupid. I'm not trying to sound sensitive, but there are little kids on this site that probably love him, and feel sad when people say mean things about him. I definitely think people should be nicer when they post, I've never said anything mean about what someone on here likes, so everyone should be capable of that.
YOMCNUGGET is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
500 Posts

Brookelynne99 has a reputation beyond reputeBrookelynne99 has a reputation beyond reputeBrookelynne99 has a reputation beyond reputeBrookelynne99 has a reputation beyond reputeBrookelynne99 has a reputation beyond reputeBrookelynne99 has a reputation beyond repute

i agree it seems people on here are getting very rude (not everyone but newer people) Just like Sophiekinz said it doesnt matter if its behind a screen it still hurts
Brookelynne99 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I agree. Some people are getting very mean and rude about it.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to ruin it
For the person(people) who still do.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #30
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

This is something that tends to re-circulate all the time. Sort of a 'history repeating itself.'
I agree. We do have a range variation here. From 7 to 100 (We all know that is how old COWS4YOU is )
So we will see a lot of preferences and we will see a lot of spelling mistakes, language variation (Like Totes instead of totally, Deets instead of details TTYL instead of Talk to you later)
But the whole thing that makes this a wonderful community is how well we adapt
AND we do. I have no problem with younger people posting about the current star or heart throb. Often when I see it I will go and search them out.
That's how I came to enjoy Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Adele and Adam Lambert and a mild interest in Justin Bieber.
If I had not been here I would not have been open so much to new artists.
Thank you young and old for ALL you contribute to this community. I enjoy the diversity and I welcome new perspectives.
So yes, tolerance is needed on this site and it doesn't hurt to be a bit curious, too.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
b.r.o.o.k.e.l.y.n.n.e, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, jesus loves you!, loverofthetardis, luke, purpleowls got it goin on, purpleowls wuz here!, the shinigami queen, think outside the [box], tigerdove is here