Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Team Bella !!!
Gifted

bluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clownbluedollymama is cool as a bunny clown

Default BP Ads???

I just noticed, moments ago, an advertisement here on WI for BP. I would hope that WI would consider stopping promotions of this irresponsible company...and allow a business with better concerns for their actions to advertise here in the place of BP's space.

Just voicing my opinion...because WI folks are awesome and are great about listening to their members. Thanks guys!
bluedollymama is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: BP Ads???

If you see any ads that you feel are in bad taste RED flag a Mod and tell them about it. They are very good about letting Justin know about our concerns.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I have seen the ads, and while my opinion of BP is toward the negative right now, I have to say that the ads aren't so bothersome to me...

They flash 3 messages:

Message 1: This is a tragedy that never should have happened. We'll make it right.

Message 2: BP has taken full responsibility for cleaning up the spill.

Message 3: To the volunteers and everyone helping us on the Gulf Coast, thank you.

While the messages may/may not be true, I think the message in general isn't so bad...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Harry S is a bunny!
Webkinz :)

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I don't see those so. . . ? And I don't have WI2 so I can still see ads but I hate BP right now. So, if I saw one I would want WI2 instantly.

EDIT
Okay, I saw them and I want them gone. I accidentally clicked on it but thankfully it didn't show any animals covered in oil

Last edited by sarocks7; 06-08-2010 at 06:40 AM..
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I understand that everyone is upset at BP but is blocking their ads on a webkinz website really necessary...? They aren't hurting you. Sorry, I just think this is a little much!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you rather they be like Toyota, who kept saying "we don't have a problem"? I don't think the ones by BP are in bad taste. They are not saying "we don't have a problem". They are owning up to it. While I hate that this happened, I respect anyone who takes responsibility for their mistakes and doesn't always try to blame someone else.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
virtualpawprints
Gifted

virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Before I logged in I saw this thread. The ad that was running under the first post was a BP ad. I just thought that was a little ironic and had to comment.
I did not read the ad because reading the comments was my priority.
I can see both sides of the request. I see your concern, but I also see that the company is doing something to fix the situation. I am not sure if they ever released the cause of the explosion that caused the leak, but I do know that they started drilling there so that we could start to tap into our own resources rather than remain dependent on Middle East oil companies.
For the most part I have become immune to the ads on the site. I just go right by them and look at the content pertaining to WW.
virtualpawprint is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

BP employs more than 30,000 Americans who need their jobs to support their families. We need BP to be successful, and boycotting them would hurt Americans, too.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #9

LoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant future

I also think that boycotting BP is not the answer, maybe boycott offshore drilling, there are bound to be these kinds of accidents (maybe no to this extent)as long as we allow it to go on, think about it, how many times have we seen onshore oil rigs on fire etc....... So my opinion is boycot offshore drilling. It is much harder to contain when it is offshore, I have several good friends/family members that work for BP, I have a refinery 5 miles from my house. I do not want to see all the people at the refinery here out of work, my town would cease to exist. I have never agreed with offshore drilling.
LoriM13 is offline Female
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I saw the ad too, and was surprised at first. But the ad really isn't in bad taste. It didn't bother me. Whether or not we agree with off shore drilling, the company has a right to advertise.
Desty is offline Female
Closed