Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: A big 'What if' but it sure would be awesome!

What a great idea you've thought up! But the other disadvantages of this (such as scamming) is also there.
But I like how you thought of the millions of children who don't have everything that we do and deserve a little fun! I think that if there were less chances of scamming and such, it would be a wonderful idea!

♥Lissy
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
Jumbleberry Fan
Gifted

mel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clownmel959800 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

It was a very generous idea and too bad impossible give the current rules Ganz has created.
mel959800 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
I was just talking with my mother whom has seven webkinz on an account that has been dormat for about eight months, never used, and almost completely abandoned. My mother offered me the account since she wasn't really into webkinz anymore.

I thought about this, and finally came up with my answer a day later. I don't need another account. But I'm sure someone less fortunate does. What is these abandoned accounts were donated to WI? What if WI donated these accounts to schools with less fortunate children?

Think of the blessing this would be to those young kids! I still go on webkinz, but I also know this is a simple fad I'm going through and will be done with them sooner then nessicary. I would love it if my account were to be given to a charitable cause, think of the great feeling you and the child recieving would get?

An account, mine for example, has around 300$ worth of webkinz on it, thats only one of my accounts too. So, think about giving 300$ to a charity? Webkinz has 'Webkinz Cares' so what if we had a simuliar program for WI ?

Please leave your thoughts and opinions. Thanks so much for reading!
Rep! Great Idea! Not everyone wants a new account,so we can donate the unused ones too WI,and they can start a charity.
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I've thought of this before, while it would be great... and I'm sure you wouldn't do this, people who owned the account first might change the password. So that's not fair to the people it's given to. And this isn't to sound mean at all, but if they're less fortuante... they may be using their money for food, and not a computer. So they may not have a computer. This is just a thought.
I like the idea though
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #15
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with back flip I don't think many of these kids will have a computer! Think about it, computers are expensive.

I wish that could happen though because I have an account I would totally donate, I love your idea!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #16
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Quote:
i think thats a great idea. but, like the others pointed out, its not allowed and there would most likely be scamming. although, isnt there someway to delete ur account and get to reuse the codes? mabey if you just gave the codes away it could work? i dont know, im just wondering.

this is an excellent point and to back flip and warmblood, I was thinking more a long the lines of poor schools...

Not ya know, people whom barely have money to buy food
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #17

knittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to all

There are computer labs in libraries and schools. what better time spent in a library, you sign out a computer for a hour, or what ever their rules are and play. what a great place for kids to be. with the change the password option, it wouldn't be that hard to make an account somebody elses. What a generous idea. learning about money, budgets and saving, this could even be a classroom project. there has to be teachers out there that could come up with a creative way to use an account. what would be then next step in trying to make this happen?
knittinjo is offline Female
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 AM   #18
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Runlikethewind,

I think you idea has a lot of merit, however you would need to write a proposal to Ganz to lift their rules under certain circumstances even giving them the right to oversee said project. For instance they might be more inclined to amend the user agreement if the accounts were donated to schools so that more than one child would benefit. So start drafting that letter and I wish you the best of luck with you campaign. Like knittinjo said, in her post more children in a school setting would benefit and they could always set it up so that these accounts had special rules.

Last edited by Ergoiam; 04-20-2009 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: added ack to member
Old 04-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #19
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

The other thing to keep in mind is expiration dates. Accounts with 50, 60, or even more pets are NICE, but if you're talking about turning over accounts that are no longer used, chances are, you're talking just a few months worth of play time left in them.
kaykohugs is offline Male
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #20
\m/

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

Thats a really great idea! So kind and thoughtful!
I really hope this will happen some day
musicislife666 is offline Female
Closed