Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Cheerbaby4
Gifted

Susie Q has a spectacular aura about

Default Beware of these threads

I have seen posts saying something like this the past couple of days "My son got all of his stuff stolen and requesting donations" In each case this was the first post for the user. I just wanted to make people aware of that this is probably a scam and to be skeptical. I know there have been other legitimate posts of things being taken, but generally they don't ask people to send things. However is doing this is probably going to wise up and post other things before making their request. Just be wary of anything that feels like a scam.

** Another note now I am seeing some asking for trades on their first thread and while these might be posted with no harm intended, I keep thinking that there might be some poor child scammed into sending an item to someone expecting, but getting, nothing in return. The mods/admins are great about editing, but with the volume of threads they can't always catch the threads like these before at least one person sees them.

Thanks!

Last edited by Susie Q; 10-02-2007 at 06:18 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
snazzykinz

Default Re: Beware of these threads

yeah, i agree, if people would like to make a donation they can but i think its a little rude to ask for a gift. thats just me i feel terrible for the people who are hacked but people would donate as they plelase
Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Gift Guru

MCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the reminder. I haven't seen these posts yet but will definately be on the lookout!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
Gifted

ladybugpug is on a distinguished road

Yes, I noticed that there are have been a TON of these threads.

I don't think there has to be an outright request for donations for that to be the intent.

When I read those threads I pretty much think the person is asking for donations even if they don't spell it out, KWIM?

Many people are kindhearted and are going to be scammed out of their stuff.

Good reminder!!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
Gifted

lulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of light

I agree. I am going to flag any of those that see. Those asking for donations should not be allowed on this website. They should go and try to earn the items they lost if that really were the case.
-LuLu
lulu is offline Female
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

yes, there was one yesterday that didn't say specifically that they were asking for gifts for their child but stated that their child had their account cleared out by a friend and how they hoped that we could "help". this was not a direct plea but what other "help" could the board offer?

i felt bad for the user if indeed this had happened to her child and the wi user was not a newbie but a gift guru but it is still in violation of the policies of the board to ask for, hint at or request items from people except in trade... at least as i understand them.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Ibehere because I'm
Gifted

Ibehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud of

Thank you for bringing this to peoples attention.
Ibehere is offline Female
Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Gifted

goyoga will become famous soon enough

I agree with the idea of "warning" people. I've seen these threads that say, "You don't have to send things", BUT "Here is the username . . . . ". Be especially wary if they have very few posts. I love that everyone here is so ready and willing to help all the time. That makes me happy.
goyoga is offline Female
Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
macy06
Gifted

Lissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud of

I do agree i have seen some like that, but i myself have one. NOT for scamming people, but to tell people about an honest story about my daughter Megan who had this happen to her not to long ago. i even said that i was NOT asking for donations. some people have posted that they will give me stuff for free... but i even told themthat it was against the rules. so .. when you say ALL of those threads are for scamming.. you could be wrong.
Lissykinz is offline Female
Old 10-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

Someone said that and I they aren't lieing then like 10,000 others start making up a simalar story. I think it was LissyKinz who was telling the truth.
Webkinz-Waffles is offline Female
Closed