Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
AleBettina
Webkinz :)

alebettina has a spectacular aura aboutalebettina has a spectacular aura about

Default Better mind your hates and loves!

So well....
I saw a pretty good thread here.
I have the link below.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-words-471731/
alebettina is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Better mind your hates and loves!

These are VERY strong words and should only be used when you purely LOVE something (i.e. : Mom, dad, kids, pets, ) other wise use the terms "i especially like," " I REALLY like" " I adore" but i don't like the word "hate"---hate is when you absolutely can't stand something, period. Maybe you could say, "I strongly dislike ________" "I really don't like _________ at all"
good thread
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
<3

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

I agree. I think it is perfectly fine to state an opinion, just not in an excessive matter, like Lyssa said.

Use terms like...

"[Insert name] is my favorite singer. *PERIOD. USE A PERIOD.*"
"[Insert Name] I don't like them very much, but it's cool you do. Everyone likes different things."
"[Insert Name] is amazing! I really like them."
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Great thread! Like instead of saying:
"I love Edward Cullen!"
You could say:
"I adore Edward Cullen!"
And instead of saying:
"I hate the Jonas Brothers!"
You can say:
"I don't like the Jonas Brothers."
Rep!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

If it is a personal attack on a person then I totally agree that the word "hate" should never be uttered. However if someone is stating their opinion about a matter simply put does it really matter if they use a simple four letter word like love or hate. I think the main objective is to learn not to take it personally if someone does not agree with your likes or dislikes. Perhaps in the end if you wish to sway a person to your way of thinking it might be more effective to state what you do like or dislike about whatever the subject at hand might be.

To name just a few substitutions, but in the end, it is all semantics:

Love – feel affection for, adore, worship, care for, find irresistible, keen on, fond of, fondness, like, fancy, partial to, go for, have a thing about, attracted to, passion
Hateabhor, revulsion, extreme dislike, detest, loathe, find insufferable, can’t bear, repulsed by, dislike
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

I read that thread before.

I don't really use, hate, unless im really upset, and uncontrolable.

Also, I never use "Love" without meaning it.
(:
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
AleBettina

alebettina has a spectacular aura aboutalebettina has a spectacular aura about

Well, Lyssa45 wrote this.
Thank you Lyssa45!
alebettina is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
montanarose9

Yeah...people throw 'love' around like it's nothing. You could say-
"I really like Edward Cullen!"
You could replace 'love' with 'really like'!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by alebettina
Well, Lyssa45 wrote this.
Thank you Lyssa45!
Aww! Well, thank you for making this thread! I appreciate it!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
I want to be GT not
Banned
sali101 has a spectacular aura about

oh i agree with both of these threads and i also learned when u say hate(even though i use it sometimes) God thinks of it as you killing somebody but im not sure about love and also some people use love more than hate and there both very strong words

---------- sali101 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later ----------

Quote:
AGREE!!!!! Hate and Love are such BIG words so you cant just toss them around like that!!! And also I learned last yeat that when you say Hate God thinks of it as you k.illing somebody.
and i even wrote this in lissy's thread that you posted!!! and it wasnt last year lol cause i wrote that last year...... cough cough

Last edited by sali101; 03-08-2009 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sali101 is offline Female
Closed