Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #21
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default Re: Being Genuine.

I totally agree with you CA3
I have noticed alot of 'copied and pasted' posts on WI.
I am not saying its wrong to copy and paste links, but to give each new member the same ol' post you give to everyone can get pretty old. This kinda goes along with what you said Cow. I know that it is the easy way out, but still, members want a welcome not a post.
Again, I think it would be a bit more nicer if we could say something about our own experiances with whatever the thread concerns and give the member something to look forward to or to comment back on.
Great suggestion for the members CowAttack
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #22
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

cowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Wolf. I totally forgot about the copying and pasting. It's so true.
cowattack3 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #23
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I really try not to post the same things to the new members.
Since our wonderful members usually only post the FAQ and Rules type-posts, I try to give the members some fun things to do on WI.
Such as DCT and Role-Playing (which I do not copy and paste these)
Old 11-24-2008, 06:31 AM   #24
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

cowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of light

It's not a welcome if you copy and paste. It just shows "yepp, tryin' to get my GT application done... WELCOME *cut+paste*"
cowattack3 is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #25
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Wolf814
I totally agree with you CA3
I have noticed alot of 'copied and pasted' posts on WI.
I am not saying its wrong to copy and paste links, but to give each new member the same ol' post you give to everyone can get pretty old. This kinda goes along with what you said Cow. I know that it is the easy way out, but still, members want a welcome not a post.
Again, I think it would be a bit more nicer if we could say something about our own experiances with whatever the thread concerns and give the member something to look forward to or to comment back on.
Great suggestion for the members CowAttack
I made a thread, I believe it was titled 'Is this allowed?' about copy-paster welcome messages. It states, in the rules, that it is allowed, and I always... didn't really like it, but I got some very good opinions from old and new users alike, and it made me (and a few others) see both sides.

I do copy and paste, but I mean every word of it, and I change my message every 3 messages or so so I don't get too repetative.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #26
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Oh, I hate when people do that! It is very hurtful, because it looks more like you are more concerned about getting a higher post count than actually congratulating the people!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

I remember the first time I saw "tenletterrule" on a post, I had no clue what it meant being brand new to WI and I didn't want to ask and bring attention to to the fact that I was out of the loop. So I hunted around and found the answer. Personally a lot of my responses are long winded because it's how I tend to be even when I talk, I'm love to use words. So in addition to remembering that everyone has feelings and deserves more than just a curt response remember that some of our members might not even now what "tenletterrule" stands for. Great reminder cowattack3, thank you for it.
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #28
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Ribbitsqueak
I remember the first time I saw "tenletterrule" on a post, I had no clue what it meant being brand new to WI and I didn't want to ask and bring attention to to the fact that I was out of the loop. So I hunted around and found the answer. Personally a lot of my responses are long winded because it's how I tend to be even when I talk, I'm love to use words. So in addition to remembering that everyone has feelings and deserves more than just a curt response remember that some of our members might not even now what "tenletterrule" stands for. Great reminder cowattack3, thank you for it.
And to add on to what you are saying (i think)...

If what you are posting is under 10 letters, WI could do without it. If it's a simple congrats, or thanks, or something, you can show how much you really mean it by going beyond 10 letters. I'm not saying you have to write a book, I'm only saying... give a little gift to WI. Show us that you care.

And there I go again... I mean don't throw a whole parade.... you guys get the idea, mm?
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #29
Call me Yana or Miki
Gifted

mikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of light

WOw....Thats is nice
I Have noticed that too.....
I try not to say (tenletterrule) but sometimes I just add a lot of exclamations on the end...Thats not the best way either....rep!
mikilaapplep is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #30
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roost

Wonderful reminder! You're exactly right!

We all need to be polite and respectful. This was a big accomplishment for them so you need to give them some support. The last thing that I want to say is that if you don't have anything nice to say or don't care, then don't post. We don't need that negative activity.
volleyuup is offline Female
Closed