Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Being Genuine.

I try to avoid those types of posts. They seem very spam-ish and they don't really help the person at all. It's kind of rude since it gives the person the idea you are only doing that for posts and not because you care.

Rep for you! (:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #12
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

I agree that it sometimes feels repetetive when you are welcoming new members, but if you read the person's post carefully, there is always something unique that brought them to post in the first place. You can comment on that issue that the new member posted about, relate it to an experience you have already had, wish them luck, and then direct them to the information they will need as a new member. It does make people feel good when others recognize that they are new and make the effort to say hello and to offer good advice.
Nickelcat is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

cowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly. The ten letter rule was put into place to help us to make better posts. If we act violent against it, what does that say about how far we want to go on WI?
cowattack3 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Another thing is, don't make it like don't post something that you don't mean!

If you don't like the name or pet, or don't want to have to spell out "Congratulations" then don't post at all.

I got alot of "Plain, oh they don't mean that at all, I can tell" posts on my threads.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

cowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of lightcowattack3 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah. That's very rude. I'm sorry, I could go on forever. Rudeness bothers me a lot.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
Gift Guru

bskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond repute

very very well said
bskrmom is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by cowattack3
Thank you all for understanding. Ice cube, I like your poem. I think it's true. If you guys could guide someone who doesn't understand the point to this thread, then I'm sure we could get the message across.
LOL. Yeah, I'm one of the people who does poems that don't rhyme. I'm sorta new :/

I think all of WI should read this, b/c every word of it its true!
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

Thank you. I appreciate that, you have no idea. I've been seeing this for months, and finally, tonight I was set over the edge.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #19
Brittany998807

Thanks for giving us that awesome reminder! I only use chat speak when I'm replying to a profile message. It just seems weird when you put this in a post: How u doin ppl?? I g2g right now! BB! Brb! etc. soo thanks, sometimes we all need reminders on these things!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #20
Weeeee! I'm a
Gift Trainee

This is true, and another of the reasons that I put it up here. Thanks for commenting everyone.
Closed