Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Exclamation Before forming an opinion......

I have noticed a lot lately that people are forming opinions based on very little info. Now, let me say this first and for most, I think it is great that everyone has such unique opinions about things. But I have noticed that people are reading one or two posts and then going on a tyrant about that topic. I love to see a good (clean and respectful) debate, as long as people have tried to gather as much info on the topic as they can. That way we don't end up with a 15 page thread that is going around and around the same points. Because it seems that in threads like this, things get a little to heated and the thread ends up getting deleted because of this. So, in the future, before jumping on the "bandwagon" read back through the thread and see what exactly everyone is talking about, and what points have been made, and what questions have been asked/answered. Also, you will be amazed at the little tidbit's of info you can pick up doing this!!!
jessicabarnhart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Ces't la Vie!
Webkinz :)

bookworm313 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Before forming an opinion......

This is a great idea! I have seen that and people can get a little wild.
bookworm313 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
Wordy Nerdy Birdy
Passerine is a jewel in the roughPasserine is a jewel in the rough

Yes, yes, and yes! I think it's a good idea to get the full idea of what's going on in a topic or situation in general, and know what people are really saying before jumping in with a response.

Good point about the tidbits of info thing. I've learned a lot of helpful little secrets and details just by reading carefully (how to get that Candy Bash 2 trophy, for instance. )
Passerine is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way

I agree, I have seen and been involved in these kind of threads. It gets to a point where I just opt out of them.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Hey, thanks ya'll for posting. Glad to see I am not the only one noticing this!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

oh trust me Jessicabarnhart, you are not the only one! I got into one of these once and then I just thought, this is not a good Idea and got oof the thread.
I have noticed a lot in threads about WJ, alot of people are going "$25 for a poorly made plush and a little website blah balh" and some such thing about WJ being pointless. I think that we should wait until we know a little more about a topic before we agree/disagree with it.
I am just using thread about WJ as an example I know it goes on on other threads too
muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i like to read (atleast) the first 2 pages to find out exactly what people are talking about (because i am def. not the most up-to-date person!) unless i know ABSOLUTELY for sure !!
VERY GOOD THREAD Jessica! You always have good points!

god point too muzic! ---we really don't even know about the WJ so who are we to have an "already-formed-opinion" about something we know virtually nothing about?
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by muzicfreak
oh trust me Jessicabarnhart, you are not the only one! I got into one of these once and then I just thought, this is not a good Idea and got oof the thread.
I have noticed a lot in threads about WJ, alot of people are going "$25 for a poorly made plush and a little website blah balh" and some such thing about WJ being pointless. I think that we should wait until we know a little more about a topic before we agree/disagree with it.
I am just using thread about WJ as an example I know it goes on on other threads too
I am glad you used this example, as it was definitely in my mind when posting this! It does amaze me to see people have such strong distaste for something we haven't really even seen yet!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Gift Guru

If the thread is short enough I'll read up to the first 5 pages, anything longer, I don't have the time. The WI$ Bucks thread by Sunnygirl, was about 50 pages, I was not going to read that whole debate.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
brneyz has disabled reputation

Things should never get heated. Lively debate is one thing however, heated convo over a thread. Lets just all agree to disagree. Debate the important issues otherwise just have a good time. Add a phrase or two if you can add something to a convo for sure or to get the WI$$ it is all good.
Closed