Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
magnum600
Gifted
bonadewski is an unknown quantity at this point

Default becoming gifted

I met the requirements i think and i posted that i agree to the terms. Now they have taken down my post and closed that forum to me is this a good thing or a bad thing please help.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: becoming gifted

They are changing the ge. There is a sticky at the top of this section where you can read the new rules.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 02-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

MommyluvsWebkinz2 is on a distinguished road

Hi There!

There is an excellent thread by Missy K on the gift exchange and how to become gifted.This thread is located at the top of this forum. I was reading through it last night. There is so much information in this thread, it's just amazing!

I'm not gifted yet, so I really don't have any other answers for you, but if you haven't read through her thread yet, it really explained a lot for me. It appears they're making a lot of changes to the GE for the better. It may take us newbies longer to become gifted though. But that's ok!

Hope this helps!
MommyluvsWebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
magnum600
Gifted
bonadewski is an unknown quantity at this point

thats the problem its been like 4 days and still no message in my cp
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
meercat97

what a minute how do you do it again?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
oo Hoo..I'm
Gift Guru

Mater052403 is a name known to allMater052403 is a name known to allMater052403 is a name known to all

I don't know how to become gifted either.... I almost feel like giving up because I have the required # of posts and length of membership but was denied. They said that my posts were irrelevant. I don't understand how trying to help solve recipes, answer other members questions, support other members by giving positive feedback are irrelevant posts. I could understand if I had lots of "fluff" but I do not. I have entered many contests but still had at least 40 of my 50 posts were things mentioned above. I guess I don't understand what posts are considered relevant? I have read things that say you are not supposed to ask questions to the mods when you are denied but this is a little saddening.... I am feeling that gifted status is unattainable. Oh well, if anyone has the answers let me know. Thank you. Sorry to sound upset but it made me sad as I really felt like I was being a contributing member to this board.
Mater052403 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2008, 03:25 AM   #7
KMORERA
Gift Guru

HECMO3 will become famous soon enough

well it took me two trys to become gifted and it is not an easy process. They just want to be sure that the people that select are going to be here for a while and be a contributor to this site. They do not want people to post 50 quick posts and become gifted and rip off people in the gift exchange. Due to a lot of problems with this as well as people not knowing how to trade properly the staff decided to make a gift trainee program. Through this program people will learn how to make there gift exchanges properly and learn how to trade with others. In the past they just expected people to read the rules then obey them without knowing what to do. As soon as my g.e went up I had over 100 posts within the first two hours and me not being experienced I was skipping requests and making a lot of rookie mistakes. Luckily one of the mods noticed the problems I was having and temporarily closed my thread so I could catch up. At first I was insulted that they did such a thing and "who are they to do this to me?" but then I put my pride aside and realized that they were doing this to help me. I was then truely thankful. I made some great trades and now my g.e is back up and running great. So dont give up it is so cool to get gifted and be able to trade for all the cool things that you want. So keep posting (hint) try to average at least 5 good posts per day. Wait a week at least then reapply. You could even pm a mod to go over your posts to see if you are ready or not like I did. And mater052403 with posts like you wrote above I feel you should be gifted in no time. Good luck to everyone and I hoped this helps you all and gives you some motivation.
HECMO3 is offline Male
Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
William Beckett is s
Gifted

KRITER10 is on a distinguished road

They are doing work on the GE I think. What I think happened to you is what happened to me on my attempts. You need to have 50 INFORMATIVE, HELPFUL POSTS, and have been a member for at least 2 weeks. Posts like on song contests, polls, or fluff posts that have no meaning at all. I am still tring to become gifted, and please bremember you are not the only person that is having trouble. Always feel free to ask questions!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
KMORERA
Gift Guru

HECMO3 will become famous soon enough

I do not think fluff posts are going to help at all Kriter10. They are looking for quality not quantity to become gifted. But what you said about INFORMATIVE , HELPFUL POSTS is 100% correct.
HECMO3 is offline Male
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #10
oo Hoo..I'm
Gift Guru

Mater052403 is a name known to allMater052403 is a name known to allMater052403 is a name known to all

Just wanted to give an update.... I did end up sending a pm to a mod got a response back. Basically, the impression I got from what was said was that they want you to avoid the contests until after you are gifted. Even though I had good posts, I also had a lot of contest posts and they do not want to see that. I was told to stay away from the contests. Hope that helps for anyone else. I had no idea... I thought as long as I was also contributing helpful information on other posts that I could have some fun and join in on the contests. I have even seen posts begging for other people to join their contest and support their thread. Any way, Don't do it if you are trying to become gifted. Wait until later.

---------- Mater052403 added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

Even if your contest posts aren't counted in your 50

Last edited by Mater052403; 02-20-2008 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Mater052403 is offline Female
Closed