| 11-11-2007, 01:48 PM || #1 |
carolynpuppy, add me
Join Date: Oct 2007
| | Basic Guide for new members of WI
If you are a reading this there is a good chance you are new to WI! First, I would like to say WELCOME to our internet society of Webkinz addicts! You will find everyone here to be kind and generous to new members. But, before you go off exploring in the vast forums of WI, read this short guide on the do's and don't's of WI that I learned by experience.
1. Do let people know that you've arrived in WI. Post a message in the "Hi I'm Joe and I LOVE my Webkinz!" thread in the Webkinz Forum. You will be welcomed by the kind and welcoming members of our community.
2. Don't go without making at least 1 WI community buddy. They might be experienced (tells you all about WI) or new to WI (can ask questions like "Where is this forum?" or "Whats a mod?") both are great to have!
3. Do PM. PM means Private Messaging. Its where you can talk one on one with a WI pal. I know that some parents or guardians restrict this, but If nothings stopping you from doing it, then do it. Everyone feels the same surge of excitement when they log on to see their Inbox has a new message!
4. Don't give out any personal information. This includes your real name, address, phone number, and your Webkinz online password. Everyone must tell you this, but its serious. Its just not safe.
5. Do the FAQ right below the black bear with honey in green color. When I started out, I needed to refer here tons of times. I suggest reading it over once, right now.
6. Do reread the FAQ as many times as needed.
7. Don't say anything in the forums that you would find offensive or rude if said to you. Not saying things face to face makes on the web chatting a ideal area for arguments, fights, and hurt feeling. Plus, you can get removed from the WI site. Oh no!
8. Don't feel ashamed when you post a thread and it is closed for a violation in rules. This happened to me before. I felt embarrsed that I had done something really wrong. Your new to this place! If mods and administrators know that you new, they won't lecture you or ban you from the site. The just politly tell you what went wrong and close the thread. Just learn from your mistakes. This even makes reading the FAQ more important!
9. Do post your avatars, creative writing, and poetry in our thread. WI even has a whole thread for it! Pick up that pencil, and start up the avatar making sites, and don't be afraid for your creative sprirt to take flight!
10. Do give out REP points. What are rep points? They are points you give WI users for helpful information, kindness, and the list goes on and on. When a user posts, you'll see a little thumb pointing up next to a row of green squares that vary in length. Click the thumb, explain why they deserve a point, and viola! That person gets a rep point! This also brings up another don't. Don't ask for rep points. If you think you deserve one, chances are other people with think you deserve on two.
Hope you found this guide helpful. Remember, read the FAQ!
| || |