Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #21
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: bar for donating items

View Post Originally Posted by starbucksfun
You can donate items??? Can someone PM the link???
Sending you a PM.
Webberlily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
This sounds like a lot of extra work for the staff, to little purpose. I like to see the spirit of generosity, giving to WI out of caring for your fellow members, and not for bars.

All donations are appreciated, big or small, and I would not like to see this change.
I agree Webberlily! No matter how big or small all gifts sent to the WI donation account in WW always find a good home, sometimes they are stored until enough items of a certain value are received and WI always finds a good idea for a contest.

If WI were to add a bar such as this I would hide it from viewing and yet I do think the donations of cash contributions are a good idea to have showing in the public profile. Again even with cash contributions it does not matter how big or small for all donations are appreciated and they do help keep the site free for so many who do not have the means or ability to donate themselves.

Whatever a member decides to give to the WI gift account is up to each person and it is more personal in nature.

I can see why a lot think it is a good idea and I don't believe they realize how much extra work it would be, the tracking of who sent what at what value would be so very difficult to keep current!

Last edited by mjsiowa; 04-18-2010 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: typo - oops
mjsiowa is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #23
i think imma

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea, but it would be too hard to track all of the members who sent gifts.
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #24
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

It wolud be nice.But I think it would be alot of work to the staff.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #25
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Hi!

I think the idea of recognition for donating items kind of lessens the sanctity of giving in the first place.

I love to donate...gift...have contests and do giveaways.....but if I knew it was being monitored I would try to find a way to do it anonymously.

I personally would be self concious having something on my profile showing how much I give. I do it because I love to...... not for any personal values.

Just my opinion.

Plus could you imagine all of the work for the person who would have to calculate who gave what.....when and how much? every day? yikes!

Nice idea.....but for something else maybe.
View Post Originally Posted by meah
I think any donations should be made from the heart. I would not any recognition for good deeds done. I get gratification knowing I've done something good. I don't need to flaunt it.
View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
This sounds very cool! I would love to see this in reality!
View Post Originally Posted by mjsiowa
I agree Webberlily! No matter how big or small all gifts sent to the WI donation account in WW always find a good home, sometimes they are stored until enough items of a certain value are received and WI always finds a good idea for a contest.

If WI were to add a bar such as this I would hide it from viewing and yet I do think the donations of cash contributions are a good idea to have showing in the public profile. Again even with cash contributions it does not matter how big or small for all donations are appreciated and they do help keep the site free for so many who do not have the means or ability to donate themselves.

Whatever a member decides to give to the WI gift account is up to each person and it is more personal in nature.

I can see why a lot think it is a good idea and I don't believe they realize how much extra work it would be, the tracking of who sent what at what value would be so very difficult to keep current!
View Post Originally Posted by clublab30
I like the idea, but it would be too hard to track all of the members who sent gifts.
View Post Originally Posted by cloverpuppy10
It wolud be nice.But I think it would be alot of work to the staff.
thanks for your opinions.
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #26
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Like N2o4?
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by murphy20071
Like N2o4?
exactly! i thought that since WI has a bar for donating money, maybe they could have a bar for donating items too.
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #28
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
This sounds like a lot of extra work for the staff, to little purpose. I like to see the spirit of generosity, giving to WI out of caring for your fellow members, and not for bars.

All donations are appreciated, big or small, and I would not like to see this change.
I could not have said it better. It may sound like a cliche, and maybe it is, but the purpose of giving is doing it from your heart, not for a bar to show off. I know this may not be the intent of some people, but I can see something like this turning into a "who has the bar, who doesn't" thing. I'm sure everyone on WI is honest and would love to donate, but some people may have personal reasons why they can't. This could turn into a "judging" thing-"whoever doesn't have the bar didn't give anything".
Old 04-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #29
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I think it's a great new idea though, but I think it would be going a little to far with donating.
Closed

Tags
bethany♥