Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

StLouiscutie184 is a genius through and through
StLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and throughStLouiscutie184 is a genius through and through

Red face Awful WI Advertising!

So I can understand that these types of websites need advertisements in order to get some revenue and support the system. However, when I was on the website on my phone earlier I wasn't happy AT ALL! I was on my phone browsing the threads when my thumb accidentally hits an ad, to which the Play Store (I have Android) opened up, and it was for an "Australian" dating app! I was shocked! I mean, some members get bashed and in trouble because of the fact that this is considered a children website since Webkinz is targeted for children, so why can't they filter out what ads can be used and what can't be? I mean really now! People get in trouble for talking about trading yet the website is allowed to have such ads?

Be careful not to click ads! Download "AdBlock Plus" for your computers and it helps! Trust me!
StLouiscutie184 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
I quit WI
R2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicness
R2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicnessR2D2Skywalker is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Awful WI Advertising!

I 100% agree with this! Thanks for bringing this up. You made a great point. I'm sick and tired of always seeing ads for resorts, insurance, ads that say Why was this video banned watch before it disappears, lose weight with this one trick( why am I seeing that ad? I don't have to lose weight. I'm healthy and at a healthy size ), Don't buy survival food until you read this, adoption, and I also get political ads about Congress, FEMA, and ads about the President's food confiscation bill( I'm super tired of seeing those food confiscation ads because THEY APPEAR ON EVERY PAGE AND THAT'S THE ONLY AD I SEE ). Earlier this year, I kept seeing ads about an R rated movie that had a bad word in the title( The Knights of Bad( blank )dom ), and a friend of mine told me that they kept seeing ads for adult only games and they don't even play those at all.

Last edited by R2D2Skywalker; 12-30-2014 at 09:27 PM..
R2D2Skywalker is offline Female
Old 12-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
Ganzfl

Ganzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellence
Ganzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellenceGanzfl13 is the epitome of excellence

I understand why you guys could be angry or even afraid your parents are thinking you're doing something you're not, or that kids will come on this website and see these ads and not be able to play webkinz anymore. I personally don't have a problem with the ads considering i'm pretty mature and grown up and some people aren't (and that's not a bad thing, some people aren't ready for things like that). However, I do agree the ads have to tone it down a bit.

They have to have some way to keep the website up and running. I'd rather them have ads from children websites rather than these fake ads with thinks kids shouldn't see, I just don't know how they can fix this problem. :/
Old 12-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #4

cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth

WI does not get to select the advertising that is on the sidebars. The ads are selected for us. They are supposed to be in a family group of sites but sometimes other things seem to pop into the mix.

Thank you for reporting this. I will make send a note to have this looked into.
cbjhockey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mfalcon landed here