Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Avvie/Siggie points =) (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/avvie-siggie-points-%3D-580540/)

webbieluvr192412-04-2009 04:13 PM

Avvie/Siggie points =)

Okay, so have you ever seen someone with an awesome avatar or signature and you gave them a rep for it? Well how about if there was something like a rep, but exclusively for avatars and signatures? They could be called "Avvie Points" and "Siggie Points". And once you get a certain amount, you could be able to maybe add an extra line or pic to your siggie or something like that. :)

I appreciate comments! Thanks!

♥Webbie =)

badena212-04-2009 04:17 PM

Re: Avvie/Siggie points =)

I do not think judging someone because of their avatar and signature is right. Everyone has different tastes in avatars and signatures, and we shouldn't receive points for these judgements through other members. Most people would whine because they could not receive the 'extra line or picture' for their signature because others thought they did not have a cute avatar and/or signature or did not like the topic of what our avatar/signature represented. They show what you like and care about, and represent how you act/feel on something, along with your personality. You wouldn't want someone to judge you on that. If you want to tell someone they have a nice avatar and/or signature, tell them on a Visitor Message or Private Message.

tinybluesmiley12-04-2009 04:26 PM

That's such a cute idea!! I ALWAYS rep for signatures and avatars. :) Lol it would be nice if there was a spot to rep specficially for them.

Penny Lane12-04-2009 04:29 PM

I agree with Salena. People already always only care about rep and post, Now imagine people at the dct wanting post/rep and avatar and signature points.

I mean, Everybody gets excited when they are close to say, 100,500,1,000,2,000, etc. Post, But that seems to be the only reason people ever go to the dct for now days...

Then everytime somebody didn't think somebody's avatar/signature was "cute" they would change it and I can't say that won't happen. There would be a lot of people changing their avatar/signature....

mtlucas12-04-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badena2 (Post 17384905)
I do not think judging someone because of their avatar and signature is right. Everyone has different tastes in avatars and signatures, and we shouldn't receive points for these judgements on our avatars and signatures through other members. Most people would whine because they could not receive the 'extra line or picture' for their signature because others thought they did not have a cute avatar and/or signature.

I agree with you here. I believe this would cause a lot of problems. Someone might have an avatar someone particualry isnt into..such as harry potter or something. Someone who might not like harry potter as much wouldnt give you points because they dont particuarly like that. I believe many people would try to find avatars they think other people would like just so they could get the points for it, and i think everyone should express THEIR personality.. see what im saying?

tigerwhiskers2612-04-2009 04:32 PM

I agree Salena :)

The Puppy Lover12-04-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

I do not think judging someone because of their avatar and signature is right. Everyone has different tastes in avatars and signatures, and we shouldn't receive points for these judgements on our avatars and signatures through other members. Most people would whine because they could not receive the 'extra line or picture' for their signature because others thought they did not have a cute avatar and/or signature.

I agree :)
I always get "Hurtful" comments on my avatar and signature(Mostly about my current one) and I just ignore them because I'm not gonna change it because I like it,so yah...

Lake12-04-2009 04:45 PM

Avatars and signatures are simply something for fun or just to give your post some personality. They really do not serve any type of helpful info, and are usually irrelevant to the topic of this forum (webkinz.) For these reasons, I do not think avatar/signature points are needed. :)

CanesFan12-04-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

I do not think judging someone because of their avatar and signature is right. Everyone has different tastes in avatars and signatures, and we shouldn't receive points for these judgements on our avatars and signatures through other members. Most people would whine because they could not receive the 'extra line or picture' for their signature because others thought they did not have a cute avatar and/or signature or did not like the topic of what our avatar/signature represented. They show what you like and care about, and represent how you act/feel on something, along with your personality. You wouldn't want someone to judge you on that.

I agree with this completely :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinybluesmiley (Post 17385044)
That's such a cute idea!! I ALWAYS rep for signatures and avatars. :) Lol it would be nice if there was a spot to rep specficially for them.

Remember what the meaning of rep is for... Not for having a cool avatar or signature, but if somebody helps you out. If you like their avatar/signature, an appropriate way of telling them would be on their profile :)

webbieluvr192412-04-2009 05:21 PM

Thanks for your posts! Yeah... I didn't look at it Salena's way before I posted it.