Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   automerged posts (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/automerged-posts-81974/)

09-28-2007 06:16 PM

automerged posts

The automerged posts are driving me nuts! How will the people I'm replying to find my reply if it's not under their original post? ???

Kittygirl7209-28-2007 08:19 PM

Re: automerged posts

use a quote! Quote what you want to reply to!

drama.queen.xoxo309-28-2007 08:20 PM

use a quote :) :) :) :)

bigchickie09-28-2007 08:21 PM

it still automerges. . . it's sooooooooo anyoying!

09-28-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittygirl72 (Post 1778432)
use a quote! Quote what you want to reply to!

I DO use a quote! It still automerges with the quote included!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drama.queen.xoxo3 (Post 1778462)
use a quote :) :) :) :)

I DO use a quote! It still automerges them! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchickie (Post 1778494)
it still automerges. . . it's sooooooooo anyoying!

YES it does (as you can see from these three automerged replies) and YES it is VERY annoying! :(

Kittygirl7209-28-2007 09:47 PM

whats wrong with automerging? you can modify your post i guess too.

09-28-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittygirl72 (Post 1780535)
whats wrong with automerging? you can modify your post i guess too.

The problem is that all the replies are listed only in the thread of the first person in the automerged group. None of the other people will get their replies where they first posted, so they won't know they're there unless they read all the posts.

If you try to edit and move a reply to it's proper place it just goes back into automerge. After a certain period of time it will make it a new post, but it's a LONG time and it's not convenient to have to do that!

It's especially annoying in the gift exchange when you're posting back and forth with people making offers and counter offers. :(

Baby25209-28-2007 11:07 PM

use a qutoe by clicking the qutoe botton on the bottom of the right box of the person hope this helped
baby252

jms09-28-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadowlark (Post 1781105)
The problem is that all the replies are listed only in the thread of the first person in the automerged group. None of the other people will get their replies where they first posted, so they won't know they're there unless they read all the posts.

If you try to edit and move a reply to it's proper place it just goes back into automerge. After a certain period of time it will make it a new post, but it's a LONG time and it's not convenient to have to do that!

It's especially annoying in the gift exchange when you're posting back and forth with people making offers and counter offers. :(

Ok...I get it. You view things in the hybrid mode, so you just look at your post and see if there are replies. I view in linear mode, so I have to scroll anyway. These days, so many people don't use quotes that sometimes you would have to scroll anyway.
I don't think I answered your question. But, it has always automerged when a trader is repying to several posts. The only difference now is that now it takes longer before the new post will not be automerged.