Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Automatic Avvie & Siggie Resizer

Learning how to resize your own avvies and siggies is a very useful skill. Non-animated ones: it's fairly simple to do, and you can control the final size. Animated siggies: yes you can learn how to do this! A new skill is part of the fun.
Webberlily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

lollipops! is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah they should make one for animated avatars too!
lollipops! is offline Female
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Learning how to resize your own avvies and siggies is a very useful skill. Non-animated ones: it's fairly simple to do, and you can control the final size. Animated siggies: yes you can learn how to do this! A new skill is part of the fun.
I've learned how to resize non-animated. There's so many sites you can do that on.
But I've googled it and I still can't figure out how to resize animated!
And sometimes you need to download a program that does it for you...but I have a Macbook and usually the downloadable programs are for PC only. =\
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #14
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

The forum can resize animated ones, but only if they are larger than 125x125 kb AND less than the KB size limit. Then shrinking them will make them fit the pixel size limit while still fitting the kb limit. Kind of like what happens to your avvie on profile pages. But that is all the forum can do from what I understand. Most things that people bring me are more than the kb limit and those won't fit because shrinking something doesn't always make the kb size reduce enough. And if you have something that is already 125x125 or less there is nothing the forum programming can do to shrink the kb size because that requires anything from optimization to color reduction or several other things that I personally use a special program for.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way for the forum programming to do things like optimization and other methods for resizing the kb size of animation.

As an example of what I mean try inserting this avatar which is 130 pixels high but is already less than the kb limit... you'll find that WI will allow you to insert it and will auto resize it to 125 pixels high. The kb size will have reduced slightly from the shrinking as well. But if the kb size was larger there's nothing that can be done.

Click the image to open in full size.
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #15
Banned
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

I love this idea!
I've had many avvies\siggies that I fell in love with...but they were too big. >I(
I don't use animated ones that much, I prefer my non-animated Toboe avvies, but still, that would be so cool!
I feel like i'm overworking poor cocoabean everytime I take an avvie or siggie to her....
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #16
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
The forum can resize animated ones, but only if they are larger than 125x125 kb AND less than the KB size limit. Then shrinking them will make them fit the pixel size limit while still fitting the kb limit. Kind of like what happens to your avvie on profile pages. But that is all the forum can do from what I understand. Most things that people bring me are more than the kb limit and those won't fit because shrinking something doesn't always make the kb size reduce enough. And if you have something that is already 125x125 or less there is nothing the forum programming can do to shrink the kb size because that requires anything from optimization to color reduction or several other things that I personally use a special program for.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way for the forum programming to do things like optimization and other methods for resizing the kb size of animation.

As an example of what I mean try inserting this avatar which is 130 pixels high but is already less than the kb limit... you'll find that WI will allow you to insert it and will auto resize it to 125 pixels high. The kb size will have reduced slightly from the shrinking as well. But if the kb size was larger there's nothing that can be done.

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh.
I just thought it would be so much more easier for everyone without resizing headaches and what not.

View Post Originally Posted by WolvesRGr8t
I love this idea!
I've had many avvies\siggies that I fell in love with...but they were too big. >I(
I don't use animated ones that much, I prefer my non-animated Toboe avvies, but still, that would be so cool!
I feel like i'm overworking poor cocoabean everytime I take an avvie or siggie to her....
I know what you mean! She's always flooded with orders. =\
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #17
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

you can just resize it yourself or make it fit the limits
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

I would love that. Great idea! REP for you!

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod
you can just resize it yourself or make it fit the limits
Some people can't resize there self.
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
uvs her Dad
Gift Guru

Rusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonder

I think it may be easier, sometimes, but it would put multiple people out of business, like Cocoabean! Sometimes people's whole shop is about resizing, we don't need to take that away from them. Also, there is more than one resizing shop. I think Cocoabean is just more popular! I don't think it's really neccisary. Nice idea though!
Rusty Shovel is offline Female
Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #20
Yello?
Webkinz :)

Footontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonder

You can upload it to this site called imageshack.us and then you click 'Resize options' and then decide how big it should be.
Footontable is offline Male
Closed

Tags
goldendoodle