Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #21
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

Default Re: Ashamed?

I think feeling shame is one of the most painful emotions we can have. And it's not worth experiencing over ANYTHING that is harmless.

Be ashamed of your behavior if you lied, cheated, stole, or hurt someone. Don't be ashamed of how you choose to spend your time when it makes you happy.

I'm truly sorry that people who are important in your life are sending you the message that this isn't something you "should" be doing with your time. In life generally, it takes extra self-confidence on your part to find the path that works for you when it may not be what people have expected you to choose. It's one of life's harder lessons to learn, but it's also one of the things that will make you happier and more fulfilled if you can find a way to achieve it.

I admire you posting here for reassurance. There are a lot of good people who share this site, and I don't think you should be ashamed of choosing to spend time with any of them.
JacksMom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #22

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
Very well put. Thanks for the post.

Your parents would probably be more understanding if they spent a little time here.
Yes exactly!

I can understand other kids or young adults teasing someone about WW and WI (or even being cruel, because some think that is fun or a way to make themselves seem superior), but I am sorry your parents give you trouble about it.

I am an adult, old enough to have adult children. I enjoy WW because of the games, the creative decorating, etc. But I really enjoy WI. There are such wonderful people of all ages here. Maybe you could share more of the helpful positive things about this site with your parents --and have them watch a Dr Phil show about young people posting compromising stories and pictures of themselves on the internet. Your parents should be thankful you are mature enough to spend time in safe and fun areas of the internet!
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #23
stripley
Gifted

Firefly has a spectacular aura about

WI is like my second home. I spent my time here, role playing with just about anybody! And you know what? Maybe I don't know them personally, but the users here, are just like my family. I have so much fun asking people about their day, about things they like, and seeing their personality through their characters.

I remember the times that I really got into my role playing, and ended up dancing around the room when something went so very right, and crying because something went so very wrong. I ended up growing with my characters, growing with my friends, and finding myself somewhere along the way. WI really isn't just somewhere for webkinz. Sure, that was the main idea, but friendships are forming everyday!

You learn manners here, safety here, you learn how to be fair, how to encourage other people. You learn how to be creative, how to express yourself, how to communicate with other people. You learn that emotions aren't all bad! You learn that people of all age groups can be friends and have a great time together!

I left WI for a while, because of things going on in real life. I have to tell you, it was the hardest thing I had ever done. Seeing someone else take control of my role play was hard. Seeing my friends move on without me was hard. I cried for a week!

I can't tell you how much I want to make WI work, specifically the role play section. I want it to be a fun, inviting place, where people are as much included on busy role plays as in smaller role plays. I want to see people get attached to their characters, to grow with their characters! It helps us grow, and lessons are often learned there.

I can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be than WI. It's something I will always love, and hope that so many other people can get involved as well.
Firefly is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Gifted

MsSophie will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

You should never feel ashamed for being here no matter your age ! Your parents should
be glad you at the site and not others. Also when your at home doing webkinz stuff they
know where you are and what your doing!!!!! Have a great day and keep enjoying yourself!!!
MsSophie is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

I don't tell anyone I have them besides close friends and family, but everyone has a hobby whether it's reading, playing sports or whatever it may be. Mine is webbies and I am proud!

<(^_^)-b
Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #26
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Funny thing - so much of this is perception - if you look at how most adults spend their spare time many are doing similar things to what happens on webkinz.

We meet with friends for coffee - just like I like to come here for a chat with my friends - I've shared many a virtual cup of coffee.

Lots of people love to scrapbook - or create crafts - or draw - like many people enjoy the creativity of creating rooms with virtual objects - seeing all the different ways they can integrate together.

All kinds of people collect things - beer labels, rocks, antique bottles, just like folk here like to collect rares or plushes or PSis - and then having a chance to share those collections with like minded folk is wonderful.

It's always fun to shop for bargains - and trading with friends and working up to an item that you've been longing for such fun.

It's also great to make someone else happy - to do a kind deed, to give someone a gift, to create a smile, to help a child - and on WI we get the chance to do all that and more.

So - I'm kind of baffled at what there is to be "ashamed" of - it's a lot more fun than sitting on the couch staring at the screen....
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

I love the way you said it! I completely agree with every word you said! I love how you said that teenagersd (and adults) have better things to do then play on a web site, but if they like it, why can't they do it in whatever free time they do have? (i understnad that its ok to do, so long as your not delglecting important things) Anyhow, i did try to give rep but i think i gave rep to you yesterday or seomthing.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #28
I stole your

lucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clown

How can you be ashamed?! You're never too old to be on WI or WW!
Great thread!
lucky4me243 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #29

michael08 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Funny thing - so much of this is perception - if you look at how most adults spend their spare time many are doing similar things to what happens on webkinz.

We meet with friends for coffee - just like I like to come here for a chat with my friends - I've shared many a virtual cup of coffee.

Lots of people love to scrapbook - or create crafts - or draw - like many people enjoy the creativity of creating rooms with virtual objects - seeing all the different ways they can integrate together.

All kinds of people collect things - beer labels, rocks, antique bottles, just like folk here like to collect rares or plushes or PSis - and then having a chance to share those collections with like minded folk is wonderful.

It's always fun to shop for bargains - and trading with friends and working up to an item that you've been longing for such fun.

It's also great to make someone else happy - to do a kind deed, to give someone a gift, to create a smile, to help a child - and on WI we get the chance to do all that and more.

So - I'm kind of baffled at what there is to be "ashamed" of - it's a lot more fun than sitting on the couch staring at the screen....
Well said!!!!!!!!!! I agree with your entire speech nd am not ashamed at all. I am a disabled person who has much problems with mobility ad I get much pleasure in virtual gardening - watching it change from day to day and then harvest and even sell some of the excess for a tidy profit. I love how the rooms I create stay just that way and no one is dropping off their clothes on th floor or the dishes left sitting in the sink. When I am sad or feeling down I go to my sons Lime green room - it is wonderfully decorated andsit there admirin the beauty of it. Also while hubby is watching his horse racing, his poker orhis many sports and even news etc I can enjoy the thrill of winning a trophy or at least winning a game of words which keeps my mind active and not vegging in front of a TV, I get such a charge when my son entrs his new pets and he get some wonderful rare that we share - I have dibs on most of the medievals and he loves the aztec and egyptian. He is a real collector or the vehicles and we share all our great gifts and we both love getting parcels and letters for no pparent reason. This has kept both my son and I occupied and always having something to do or look forward to. This is nothing to be ashamed of and basically feel we do not give Ganz enough credit. Thy have somereally talented programmers and inventive people - well thought out and attractive. Despite the annoying glitches most things work great and I hope they continue to produce their wonderful site. I think we could all send Kudos for all the great work they do and not just contact them when they mess up. They try real hard to get things sorted out. Just one last though - I was very pleased this morning - we were able to move the Care Valley Treee that was previous;y stuck can now beput in its appropriate plc in our treee top room. Way to Go and Ganz - Keep up the good Worl. I am going to tell the same to them as soon as I end this post. Just my own opinion and hope that most of you will agre.!!!!!!!! Have a Great Day!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #30
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

Never let anyone change the joy, love and happiness you have in your heart. I am way toooo old to play webkinz but as I see it...You can only be young once but you can have the joy of childhood in your heart forever!!!!
lauraanne is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, penguinprincess, possiblerocks1<33!!, [ii lovee youu], { iluvwarriors }