Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Call me Nadine [:
Webkinz :)

boballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to all

Default Appriciate EVERY0NE on WI, especially new members!

I think new members don't get enough respect on WI.

I mean, of course people are nice to them, but I guess what I'm saying is that they don't get enough attention.
It's not like we're ignoring them on purpose, I think we just don't think about it.

To start, you should head on down to the Hi, My Name is Joe! section and welcome some new members. Tell them about fun things to do on the forum, and suggest somthing they might like. Comment on what they said, don't just give them the same welcome you gave the last person. Make it personal.
Become their friend - chances are they have no friends on WI! It'll make a new member's day if a bunch of well known members want to be their friend.

If you see a new member starting a club, join it! If you arent interested in that topic, find people you know who are, and get them to join. If you see a new member writing a story in creative writing, comment on it! Don't just read it and move on - tell them what you think! Don't just stick to threads made by your WI friends - look at everything! You never know what your missing.

What I'm saying is, appriciate everyone on WI, especially the new members.

Thanks,

- Nadine
boballoo123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Let It Roll.

Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!

Default Re: Appriciate EVERY0NE on WI, especially new members!

Awesome! Well put, Rep!!
Newsboys is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Call me Nadine [:

boballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to all

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

That was well said, I couldn't have said it better myself!!
I totally agree with every thing you said.

Especially now with all the new members it kinda seems overwhelming, so alot of people avoid them..and I gotta say I LOVE the new members!

This happens a TON in the ge too, all the newly gifted usually don't have alot of people trading with them because they are "new."
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Call me Nadine [:

Thanks lexi!
Yeah, I've noticed it happens everywhere! Just because someone is new to somthing, is a LilKinz, or has only 48 posts (hint hint ME! haha), doesn't mean they're not as good as everyone else.
Or even if they've been gifted for a while, but they don't have many friends, nobody ever pays attention to them.

Last edited by boballoo123; 07-18-2009 at 12:35 PM..
Old 07-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #6

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

Well said. REP to you!
New members deserve as much attention and respect as they can get so that they feel that they are too part of the WI family.
Thanks for sharing!
Pupcake is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Call me Nadine [:

Thanks pupcake!
I feel pretty strongly about this because I'm kind of always ignored also. I have a story in Creative Writing and 3 people posted on it.
So i made this thread so I could help me and other ignored members!
Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
librarygirl07

librarygirl07 is a jewel in the roughlibrarygirl07 is a jewel in the rough

I think you have an excellent point. My first WI friend was the only one who did the things you said, and really took time to talk to me and get to know me. Now I have a bunch of nice friends that I really love, but I'll always be grateful to my first friend, because she was always ready to help and was always sweet and nice, and she just took the time to get to know me!
librarygirl07 is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Call me Summer!

SummerLovin' is a name known to allSummerLovin' is a name known to allSummerLovin' is a name known to all

I always make sure to go to the bottom of the WI homepage and welcome the new members
SummerLovin' is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
Call me Nadine [:

Exactly, librarygirl! That's how everyone should be. It's just the nicer thing to do and it shows you're the better person. I think people should get rep for being really nice to new and ignored members.

That's really good, SummerLovin! Lets hope lots of people do the same!

Last edited by boballoo123; 07-18-2009 at 02:10 PM..
Closed