Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #41
addict
Gifted

chinnell has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Anyone else having trouble getting into the W Shop?

View Post Originally Posted by Tyro244
Every time I have tried to get into the shop tonight it has been going crazy. Here is a screen cap of what it looks like. I have more that 2000 strawberries and I cannot get into the shop to sell them.

Has this happened to anyone else?
I WAS HAVING THE SAME PRBLEM AND I HAD TO SIT AND CLICK NO EVERY TIME THE MESSAGE CAME UP AND I CLICKED NO 11 TIMES BEFORE THE W-SHOP CAME UP AND I SOLD MY STRAWBERRY HARVEST OF 2484 STRAWBERRIES AND ALL THE WAY I WAS PRAYING FOR NOTHING TO GO WRONG IT WORKE I GUEST IT WAS A WAY OF TEACHING ME A LITTLE PATIENCE..

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #42
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Thanks for clearing this up Nascar. I had read on another thread that "yes" was the way to go. Straight from Ganz is obviously the correct info. By too large, do you mean that there are too many items on your account ie: pets and etc? (My kids accounts each have about 50 pets, I thought that was small in comparisson to many others.)

Tyro - will check in tomorrow to see if this was resolved for you!
That is what the GANZ rep told me...and he said it was OK to keep adopting on my main account but that I would continue to load slower and log out more frequently and I would continue to get that error message!
But for me...who is all about having a complete collection on 1 account...I will continue to add to this account!

---------- Nascar20Fan added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I am not sure I totally believe it is only an Adobe issue. I get that message a lot, but not all the time. If it were purely because Adobe wasn't big enough, logic would say that I would get that message all the time (not only sometimes). It is also because of traffic on Webkinz, traffic on your internet, and because of the processing speed of your computer. If I have a large microsoft excel spreadsheet open, and it is doing an auto-recovery (saving the file) I always get the message that a script is running slowly (even on my small account--only a couple of pets, about 10 rooms and less than 100 items in my dock).

It happens a lot more frequently on my larger account (sometimes when I try to log in or when I try to load my dock). It happens more often on days with higher webkinz traffic. Some of these days, I get the Adobe message when I try to go to the page with the daily/hourly events. So, it is not purely an Adobe problem--it is a high traffic problem also (slower processing between (and within) your computer and the Webkinz site)!
LOL...who knows if it's true it is an ADOBE issue or not...after all it was GANZ who pointed the finger in ADOBE's direction....

But for me I only get that ADOBE screen on my main account with the 137 pets...my doc is always below 100 items...and I still get it EVERY time...I have 8 other accounts that I look after...and none of them get that error message...I guess that's why for me...I'm inclined to believe the GANZ Rep!

But I am sure each person's account has seperate issues...so it may or may not be the case for them!

Last edited by NascarFan; 03-25-2008 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #43
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Nascar20Fan
That is what the GANZ rep told me...and he said it was OK to keep adopting on my main account but that I would continue to load slower and log out more frequently and I would continue to get that error message!
But for me...who is all about having a complete collection on 1 account...I will continue to add to this account!

---------- Nascar20Fan added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

LOL...who knows if it's true it is an ADOBE issue or not...after all it was GANZ who pointed the finger in ADOBE's direction....

But for me I only get that ADOBE screen on my main account with the 137 pets...my doc is always below 100 items...and I still get it EVERY time...I have 8 other accounts that I look after...and none of them get that error message...I guess that's why for me...I'm inclined to believe the GANZ Rep!

But I am sure each person's account has seperate issues...so it may or may not be the case for them!
Again, thanks Nascar - I'm tending to believe that it may be an Adobe issue. Although we have tried updating the Flash player, it doesn't seem to help with our 'large' accounts. I do have an Asian one, which only has one pet on it. There are more than 100 items in the dock (under 200 tho), yet I have never had that script error on that one. The error message appears on my older Laptop, the kids brand new ones, and my Desktop on the larger accounts, so I don't think it is strictly a capacity problem with the type of computer that is being used.

Tyro - any luck yet ? ? ?
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #44
Webkinz :)

Tyro244 will become famous soon enough

Again, thanks Nascar - I'm tending to believe that it may be an Adobe issue. Although we have tried updating the Flash player, it doesn't seem to help with our 'large' accounts. I do have an Asian one, which only has one pet on it. There are more than 100 items in the dock (under 200 tho), yet I have never had that script error on that one. The error message appears on my older Laptop, the kids brand new ones, and my Desktop on the larger accounts, so I don't think it is strictly a capacity problem with the type of computer that is being used.

Tyro - any luck yet ? ? ?
The NOs have it.

I needed to click "NO" 13 times for the W Shop to finally load correctly and finally allow me me begin selling my SBs. After that...

I had to rake my fields and I think I'm getting carpel tunnel. But other than that I'm good now. We should post this as an FAQ for Strawberry Farmer. We are the only ones enough to pick 2000 berries at one time.

We need to make sure to Include the Adobe "No factor."

Oh yeah and Nascar20Fan . You need to get lots of rep points for this one. LOTS! One just for taking the time to call and get the correct info and others for making sure to spread that info - CORRECTLY. Even if the support crew is "blaming" Adobe or the size of the account, the solution does work - eventually.

Thank you everyone else who tried to help as well. I'll be distributing rep point to you guys as well.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #45
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Phew! Glad that it all worked out! Did you not learn anything from the previous fests ?
Go easy on the wrist - LOL!

From me too - to Nascar!

kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #46

Tyro244 will become famous soon enough

Phew! Glad that it all worked out! Did you not learn anything from the previous fests ?
Go easy on the wrist - LOL!

From me too - to Nascar!

Well you know what Homer says..

DOH!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #47
eharres

sassykinz is an unknown quantity at this point

no im not you r
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #48
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

LOL...Thanks so much...you guys are a HOOT

I'm glad it all worked out and Tyro...my wrist pains me just from selling a lil over 200 berries...I shutter to think the damage 2000 would have caused

Take care...see you in the threads
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #49
Gifted

michaelabug is a jewel in the roughmichaelabug is a jewel in the rough

no lol and how do you have that many strawberries lol??? That may be why. you should probably get many of those out of your dock lol but i have never seen that happed before
Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #50
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I have checked a few user group chat rooms. The LA Flash Users Group (http://www.laflash.org/forum/printthread.php?t=2227) believes that the slow running script (not for Webkinz, but for another application--a chatroom) is because "it basically means that it has taken longer than 15 seconds for the chatroom to execute a command. So if you click no, it will allow 15 more seconds for the chat room to finsh what it is doing, but if you click yes, than the flash player will abort that script and most likely the rest of the room won't work." ... "However if a site is running real slow and you don't want to risk the browser crashing I would recommend you click "Yes" and reload the page to see if the problem persists. Sometimes loops are used for data transfering and this essentially creates a long loop on slow loading content... other times it is poorly written code that ultimately will crash and burn" ...

Also about someone experiencing the Adobe message and their computer freezing when using Yahoo Fantasy Football StatTracker (same website link as above):

"When you click no, it is freezing up because flash is taking too long to go through a chunk of code. This can happen for a number of reasons, the most commonly being an inifinite loop. The reason nothing happens when you click yes is because you have essentially told flash to stop processing the movie.

If this happens at the same place everytime I would contact yahoo and tell them where the error is happening and perhaps they can fix that bug if it is in fact a bug.

If it is more of a sporadic event, then I would make sure your computer can handle running flash and as silly as it sounds try using a differnt browser. If you use IE try firefox or vice versa.

If you are using a mac, I have noticed that my apple g4 laptop gets that error sometimes because it just couldn't run fast enough to handle some flash apps.
"

Another site (http://www.coghead.com/node/1807): Someone was getting the error message when building applications. The following was suggested, and worked perfectly for the user building the applications: "Even though your system configuration meets the minimum requirements, we recommend increasing the memory on your machine. Other users have experienced improved performance by doing so."

Digging through another (http://www.pixeline.be/experiments/jqUploader/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=13): it says there is a "flashplayer-biult-in 15 second timeout for escaping possible infinite loops"... "the "flash is running slow" bug makes it rather useless for uploading larger (>15 MB) files... "

I know that all of the above is not exactly the problems we are experiencing, but you can get the jist of it. There are a lot more "Adobe script error" forums that I did not go through. Since some of the Webkinz users were able to sell their strawberries after clicking the "no" (not to abort the script) a number of times, then we know it wasn't in an infinite loop (thank goodness!).

All of the things I read make me believe that it is not only an Adobe issue (as I stated earlier); but definitely Adobe is involved (which is obvious from the Adobe message!). I did not get the Adobe message at all on my large account (over 100 pets, 100 rooms, and almost 500 items in my dock..which I am working on downsizing) when I logged in this morning after the US maintenance at around 4 am EST.

I also believe that if our accounts get too big and eventually freeze up on us (if you believe the one user who said "the "flash is running slow" bug makes it rather useless for uploading larger (>15 MB) files"), that the only thing that Ganz will do for us is to start taking items from our accounts (pets, rooms, etc.) until we can get into our accounts again (I have not heard this happening to anyone yet). I am not saying that's the only thing Ganz can do, but since they are blaming it on Adobe, then that that is probably what they will do. What they could do is change their programming and partition files for our pets and rooms and other items we have (e.g. where we would only be uploading a partial room map at a time, and choose between which room map we want to see--if we eventually have too many rooms to load at once). They also don't need to upload our entire accounts when we log in (I am not sure if they do this, but it is obvious that it takes longer and more script errors to load the larger accounts), but they can choose to re-program so the accounts are uploaded to our computers differently so we never reach a MB file limit (as the one user in the one forum made me believe it is around 15MB).

Also, I have worked with meta models and files and it baffles me why they treated that many strawberries (over 2000) as different "objects" (I have no idea what their particular programming is, but it has to have some underlying structure, such as a meta model). That should have never happened to you. If their programming treated your strawberries as 2000 instances of the same object, you probably should not have had that problem at all (and that is purely a Webkinz programming glitch). If I can explain... there are many places in the programming where the object needs to be handled. For instance, we saw for about a week on Webkinz where we were making KinzCash in the arcade but the KinzCash wasn't showing up in our accounts until later (when we answered a question at Quizzy's or when we bought something, or when we logged off and back on). This is because the "object"/"our KinzCash" was being updated in one part of the meta model programming, but not another (the part that displayed our Kinzcash right away after we played games). When we went to Quizzy's the part of the KinzCash meta model that was being used was the part that showed our correct KinzCash amount, and the Quizzy's meta model part was working properly so we were able to get our correct KinzCash after answering the question. I know this is a simplistic way of looking at it, but it is logical. Every time an object is "handled", it takes processing time. So, now I know that Webkinz is treating each item in our dock as separate objects, and not xxx instances of the same object (which is what I thought they were doing--which should take a lot less processing time (i.e. loading 2000 objects will take a lot longer than loading one object and a whole number attached/assigned to that object (2000 in this case))). Now I know for sure that I need to limit my dock even further than I already have (I have xx chocolate and xx other bats from their Wacky Zingoz promotion that don't fit in the fridge yet...I guess I will have to start feeding them to my pet!!! I also have a lot of bingoz coupons which I have been saving to play the one ball game (it took me over 70 coupons to win a won ball game before, over 50 another time). It is so hard to decide what to keep in my dock!

I doubt if Webkinz will change their programming. A meta model is set in the beginning and if they change an existing meta model which is working properly by us limiting our items, then they will most likely run into other, bigger glitches. Why they programmed our docks that way is unbelievable to me. If their existing meta model does not handle being able to attach a number to an object (specifying how many of that object we have) then it will be a nightmare for them to change it and reprogram their code. Maybe they never imagined that anyone would have that many items in their dock!

I am like the other user that would like to have all my pets on one account. But I foolishly entered all my free pet codes from my trading card packs onto that account also. It would be nice if Webkinz/Ganz would let us know the precise "limit" of pets, rooms, etc. that we could have on our accounts, before we get frozen out of our accounts entirely (which will eventually happen if they don't change their programming, and we keep adding to our accounts over the next few years).
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed