Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Anybody else think of this? /:<

EVERYONE on Webkinz Insider WANTS a good reputation. I know I do. I don't post just because I want it though, I think my 'actions' speak louder than my words.
Your issue about people posting threads on the obvious, well, I have seen a lot of new people who have not gone to the Hi I'm Joe category, just started posting right off the hop. They are the ones who this is more aimed at. A lot of us who post in those gentle reminders are just adding to or bumping it in the most positive way we know how. People who are new need to know these things. 'Bump' outside the GE is wrong. You don't get gifted until you have 50+ helpful posts and are a member with Webkinz Insider for two weeks. You don't ever accuse someone of lying, You welcome new people to the forum and direct them to the right places, you don't post youtube links, you don't spam another person's threads with links to your own. You don't post OMGOMG or HAHAHAHA just to say you have a post and to try and get your 50 posts in as fast as possible.
We all know the rules, yes, but there are new people coming in EVERY day and this community is getting bigger and bigger. I would much rather give someone a rep point and re-inforce the positive things they have done instead of reporting a newbie for posting a 'HEY, I HAVE SUPERBEDS, WANNA TRADE???' An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I think I will keep on giving those who show they know the rules by posting reminders rep points.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
I think most of these threads are well intentioned. But I did read one once that had very little useful information in it. The person actually said I know this thread isn't that good so you should also read "such and such's" thread on the same subject. If you know what you've written is just a waste of people's time, then why post it at all?
I would read it because they KNEW where that information was and they read it.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 06-25-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #12
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

thats also true!! the newbies do need some of the boards posted.
bitsyluv is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
EVERYONE on Webkinz Insider WANTS a good reputation. I know I do. I don't post just because I want it though, I think my 'actions' speak louder than my words.
Your issue about people posting threads on the obvious, well, I have seen a lot of new people who have not gone to the Hi I'm Joe category, just started posting right off the hop. They are the ones who this is more aimed at. A lot of us who post in those gentle reminders are just adding to or bumping it in the most positive way we know how. People who are new need to know these things. 'Bump' outside the GE is wrong. You don't get gifted until you have 50+ helpful posts and are a member with Webkinz Insider for two weeks. You don't ever accuse someone of lying, You welcome new people to the forum and direct them to the right places, you don't post youtube links, you don't spam another person's threads with links to your own. You don't post OMGOMG or HAHAHAHA just to say you have a post and to try and get your 50 posts in as fast as possible.
We all know the rules, yes, but there are new people coming in EVERY day and this community is getting bigger and bigger. I would much rather give someone a rep point and re-inforce the positive things they have done instead of reporting a newbie for posting a 'HEY, I HAVE SUPERBEDS, WANNA TRADE???' An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I think I will keep on giving those who show they know the rules by posting reminders rep points.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

I would read it because they KNEW where that information was and they read it.

Wrong, because the information they posted wasn't helpful at all and some of it wasn't even correct. I did read it and then at the bottom it said I know this isn't very good, you should read ****'s thread. If you know the information you're posting isn't very good, then don't post it just to post it.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #14
FireClan

They may not see other threads...and they just want to help. Sometimes, yes, it is annoying, but they are only helping. Some people may get them for rep...but I know I don't. I get some people PMing me asking to make it...or sometimes I think I just should.

-FireClan
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #15
Pinkprincess525
Gifted

Webkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzlover525 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I see what you mean. Many people do just post a little bit of helpful threads just for rep points. It's supposed to be out of your heart.

For example my Posting Images Thread. I didn't even know what rep was or that it could get stickied back then. And I first made it on the site KINZFANS. So yea. But i am not bragging or anything I see people who post heartful helping thread. People don't understand that it's obvious when your doing it out of your heart and when ur just doing it for reps.

Interesting topic by the way!
Webkinzlover525 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzlover525
I see what you mean. Many people do just post a little bit of helpful threads just for rep points. It's supposed to be out of your heart.

For example my Posting Images Thread. I didn't even know what rep was or that it could get stickied back then. And I first made it on the site KINZFANS. So yea. But i am not bragging or anything I see people who post heartful helping thread. People don't understand that it's obvious when your doing it out of your heart and when ur just doing it for reps.

Interesting topic by the way!
i totally understand lots of people dont klnow how to post images!! like i STILL cant figure it out but soooo many people post obvious stuff or preposted stuff thats been up on the boards like a hundred thousand times!!

---------- bitsyluv added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

and id rather have an ACTUAL good reputation rather than have some virtual green images under my name- that INITIALLY doesnt mean anything all that means to me is what people think in their hearts of me. i try to be a joy to everyone but i hate it when people try to have a good image by fake stuff!

---------- bitsyluv added 1166 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

anybody else agree?

Last edited by bitsyluv; 06-27-2008 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bitsyluv is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #17
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

[quote=Dixiecup;8489308]EVERYONE on Webkinz Insider WANTS a good reputation. I know I do. I don't post just because I want it though, I think my 'actions' speak louder than my words.
Your issue about people posting threads on the obvious, well, I have seen a lot of new people who have not gone to the Hi I'm Joe category, just started posting right off the hop.

Gosh, I'm so glad they did; I had to stop for awhile!

I got sick of reading my own posts---and if I can't make them sound truly warm and friendly, I just take a break for awhile.

And I kind of think that's what reputation is all about: just being ourselves: , knowing what we can really help with, (and backing away and letting someone else help if they are more knowledgable in something.), and of course, being respectful, and being honest are important not only on this forum, but in every aspect of our lives.

If we can pull that off, it really wouldn't take much effort at all for each of us to be "Rep'ed"

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Anybody else think of this? >:O

I know.. i can see maybe one or two, but there are now like 10 or 12.. its getting old. And they all state things in the rules/faq.... don't spam, be helpful, try to make sure you're not making a duplicate thread (which they are breaking...), dont be rude, etc... I dont think any more are needed...
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #19
The Awesome are
Gifted

Web69kinzs will become famous soon enough

i have been noticing many help threads lately.
most of them state the same things and maybe some of their intention to do it is because they want rep points for more rep boxes. i mean, rep points need to b helping people not trying to c who can get the most rep boxes.
they're helpful for any newbies that join, but we don't need 10 different threads stating the same thing.
Web69kinzs is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #20
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I agree that they just want the rep. It is the same as if I see a question with like 20 answers that are the exact same! People see it is answered but answer it on their own to get the rep...
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed