Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

Default Anybody else think of this? >:O

I see so many threads that help people out, and alot of them have REALLY obvious stuff. Anybody notice that? That just makes me want to think that the person who did that wants rep points because people will think they're a good member. Don't get me wrong... they could be trying to help!! Which is AWESOME here on WI. It just seems like so many people make threads that aren't so helpful...
I saw a thread about how to get a background on your profile, that was a sophisticated thread and it was actually helpful to many people. Not me, my computer didn't have some of the links that it needed... so I was dissapointed. That's not the point though, anyways, I think many people making threads are trying to get rep points. It's sort of annoying too. In absolutely NO ways am I pointing fingers, blaming other users, or saying that they just want to help.
What are your comments?

Last edited by bitsyluv; 06-27-2008 at 04:18 PM..
bitsyluv is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: Anybody else think of this? /:<

Yes, while that would be annoying, I think they are helping, and even if their motivation is a little off, it is better than not helping at all. I think eventually they will either stop caring about rep eventually, or they will realize that they really like helping.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

maybe they will end up not caring about it. hopefully!! [:
Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #4

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Many of these guides develop after the respected member has answered the question for (what can seem to be) the millionth time. - I'm sure their hearts are in the right place.

Like Lilypad said it is better then not helping at all, the fact that they come to this area to answer questions does give them points in my book.

As a side note -
Did you ask the person if they could look into other links to help you? Or to explain how to do it for your type of computer? (I'm assuming it might be a mac or linux?)
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I went back and thought about this for a little bit, and reflected a little on myself. I remember way back when I had first joined, we had rep boxes. And part of the reason I tried to become helpful was for them. A part of it was that helping was what they site was about, and I liked helping. Then, rep boxes were taken away. By that time, it did not matter to me. I loved to help other people. I loved to hear that others problems were solved. And now, 100% of me helps not because of rep. or what people think of me. I help because it is the right thing to do, and I like it. Sure, I have a couple boxes underneath my name, but most of the time I don't even pay attention to them. So, that's just one example of what I was talking about.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 06-25-2008 at 07:27 PM..
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

thanks gnomie- there was another way to get the background for my type of computer but it didnt work either...oh well.
lilypad- i understand what youre saying. i just sorta noticed that people NOW are making more helpful threads, unlike when we had no rep boxes.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

I think most of these threads are well intentioned. But I did read one once that had very little useful information in it. The person actually said I know this thread isn't that good so you should also read "such and such's" thread on the same subject. If you know what you've written is just a waste of people's time, then why post it at all?
shell4 is offline Female
Old 06-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

thats EXACTLY what ive been thinking!!!! and i KNOW MANY peoples threads are for good intentions, and alot of them help me out too. some of them are just a waste of time... like you showed an example of..
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
Tecytoc2142

Well What If The Person Actually Cares You Could Hurt Peoples Feelings (like Mine Right Now) That Do In Fact Care
Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

i wasnt talking about anybody in particular, much less you... idk why you would automatically assume this is partially about you. im sure you do care!!!! [:
Closed