Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Any way to get forum protectors back? (please read entire first post before posting)

Hi there! Admins/Mods: This is a discussion thread for a suggestion to WI, so admins/mods feel free to move it to where you think it's appropriate.

Please also read this entire first post before posting!

I'm sure many of you know about forum protectors- they were sort of "kid mods". Now, I know that because of the COPPA laws and Justin wants to background check the staff members (which I applaud, this is a great way to insure our site's safety). However, I'd love to see the kid mod thing back, because I believe that many members here are a wonderful addition to WI and deserve such a title. However, I know that kids under 18 (or is it 13?) aren't allowed to be background checked. Since forum protectors are supposed to be kids, I'm just suggesting that they don't have to be like kid mods anymore, or even staff members.

Instead, (this is sort of like dotdotduck's thread), I think this can be a title that Webkinz members (and also GT's and above) can work toward. I haven't figured out what would happen and what exactly would change to differ from a mod's or admin's job quite yet, but I'm trying to make it very different.

Suggestions for Forum Protectors:
Reqs:
~Know a lot about the site, and can help out whenever.
~Does not need access to GC/mod/admin controls.
~Just (sort of) a title to tell members who to come to if they need help. I know admins and mods are there to help, but often they are too busy to respond.
~They can even be regular members who love to chat and just like to talk to people! I feel special in a way when a staff member talks to me!
~Have been fully qualified and might even get recommended by admins or mods (thanks SOS!)

~~

I'm really not trying to make the adults feel like they don't do a good job- they do! But kids, or teenagers, would love a chance to have a responsibility- and contribute to a site- although small, it's very important.

Thanks for reading!

As always, feel free to post opinions/criticism!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 03-31-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Any way to get forum protectors back?

I would love this. That would be so great to see members like you, Dogluver, become forum protectors. I hope they consider it.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
I would love this. That would be so great to see members like you, Dogluver, become forum protectors. I hope they consider it.
Thanks Ave I would love to see this also, but I completely understand if Justin and Wendy don't go through with this.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

What exactly would that be?

It does sound like a good idea but I think that a lot of people would be great forum protectors and it would be hard to choose. Also, there are already a lot of of mods and admins.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
What exactly would that be?

It does sound like a good idea but I think that a lot of people would be great forum protectors and it would be hard to choose. Also, there are already a lot of of mods and admins.
I was thinking that a forum protector could sort of be like, well, a forum protector. But different from the mods. They won't have the power to look in the GC/mod/admin discussion forums, or the TS/Gifted forums, as well as the GG forum. I was thinking of an all around person that you can go to for any type of help for WI, or a great person to chat with. I know that sometimes mods or admins don't always have the time to answer your questions because they're busy with the entire site, but forum protectors won't have to help out with the GC's, mods, or admins.

And I do know that, that's why I'm thinking of doing something different
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

That would be great to have them back, but I'm pretty sure you need to be 18 for a background check. Maybe when some of the younger members grow up they can become part of the staff. (:
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
That would be great to have them back, but I'm pretty sure you need to be 18 for a background check. Maybe when some of the younger members grow up they can become part of the staff. (:
Yeah, that's why I added something about that in the second paragraph And yes, that's possible, but that could take a while for some members.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I also agree. There are so many members younger then 18 that would really be able to do something like this. If it is even just to have a title set aside so people know who to come to for help perhaps? Like they aren't mods and can not do moderator action but they have a special title/color to set them apart so members know they can come to them with questions or to ask for help.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Any way to get forum protectors back? (please read entire first post before posting)

The paragraph or so you added is a great idea. (:
I hope this is something they will consider looking into.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
hy am I still a
Webkinz :)

SmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Any way to get forum protectors back? (please read entire first post before posting)

I think they are called forum protectors for a reason they help PROTECT the forum but they may need some mod controls but they would be limited.
SmelzGood84 is offline Male
Closed