Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

Default Another way fights start: We dont always know when your joking. ;)

Hiya. Thanks for clicking (: In my past experiences, (yes, 3 months. LOL), i've learned some reasons our awesomeical WI family fights. Sometimes, we cant tell if your joking. Which brings us to the whole reason of this. If you are kidding around like saying if someone comes on to the DCT or and RP or a club and they say

"Im back!" And you say:

"Sarcastiacally: Joyy." At least put an 'xD' or a 'jk' and sometimes, people dont know what jk means. So put "Just kidding". I know it would hurt MY feelings. Like many mods and admins have pointed out in the past,

Quote:
You cant judge a persons tone over the internet
And sometimes, its not ok to make mean jokes about people like, if they have glasses, they have a disablity, a disease etc. Those things can get personal. Yeah, you can kid around and NICELY tease eachother. Thanks so much for reading. Please comment and share thoughts.

-Lollipop =-)

Last edited by turtlegurl; 04-25-2009 at 10:30 PM..
turtlegurl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Another way fights start: We dont always know when your joking. ;)

Rep! I agree! Whenever I do a "Oh Joy" on the DCT I always put a jk even though the person knows I'm kidding.
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree, it's difficult to recognize sarcasm online unless you know the person really well. Sometimes people could get upset over something sarcastic because it may sound rude when the other person didn't mean it to sound that way. Very great point!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Gift Trainee

*July Jewl* has a spectacular aura about

That's a great idea. I never thought of that. Thanks. rep for you!
*July Jewl* is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

that's a great point rep!
JJ08 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #6

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

Thanks for understanding and for the rep guys!
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

i agree!!! it's SO easy for someone to get offended when all you're doing is reading text! If i say something like that i add an "LOL" or a "" to make sure that the other person knows i'm kidding but overat my club we always joke with each other!
Rep for bringing this up!!! People need to be careful how the present stuff to others!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

Some of the best advice I ever got was when I was telling a friend about a situation where I was angry and hurt at something someone had written to me (not here). She said, "how would your interpretation of events change if you assumed that XYZ had the best possible intentions?"

Wow... think about that. No matter what someone else says, it's relatively rare that people go out of their way to be deliberately hurtful. There are a LOT of reasons why someone might be snappish and argumentative though, and they rarely have to do with the person on the receiving end of their mood.

I guess what I'm saying is, even when you're the target, it's probably not about you. Could be a bad day at work or school, an argument with a friend or family member, or just a bad day in general. Is it really going to fix anything to strike back?
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I agree. But someone might not know what the smile: XD is either. And, it might seem your laughing at them in a bad way. I agree though.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Way too true! You can't really tell whether someone means harm online, or even offline too! Also, to give your posts more tone, like whether it's sarcastic, or some other tone, you can italisize, underline, or bold them. But whatever you're saying, make sure that you use as nice a tone as possible, we don't want you to seem mean. On another note, if you're saying "Just kidding", it's not nescessarily something that you should be saying, especially if it's about somebody else. Great thread, and have an outstanding afternoon!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange, ♥lollipop♥