Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #21
pee queen
Webkinz :)

webkinzro is an unparalleled talent
webkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Annoying Advertisement

it's very annoying Dx
when i'm watching anime then right when something good happens it starts talking about soap in the background Dx
webkinzro is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by jellydonut
I didn't know that either...
But it's really up to us to get Adblocker, and I think it helps.
I didn't know that either.
And I don't just use it because of WI,
I use it for 95% of websites, since a lot of times, ads can lead to getting viruses.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

I had that, too!
:/
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #24

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

I didn't know that either...
But it's really up to us to get Adblocker, and I think it helps.
Most advertisements on the web are either pay-per-click, or pay-per-view. Google word ads usually are pay-per-click for example, and if someone clicks that link it registers as successful advertising & payment will be received.

Usually the companies can see how many clicks they receive, and even what sites their "click" came from.. That way they can focus their advertisement & marketing to that site or similar ones.

for pay-per-view ads... If you block ads from being seen, then the advertisement won't register as being viewed, the advertising company/product won't see it as being successful and the host site will receive less funding.

Just something to be aware of. I removed ad-block after learning how I was affecting sites I visit, especially the ones that use the ads to stay free! *No viruses here, but I don't visit a whole lot of sites outside my usual ones.

If everyone uses ad-block, sites like WI won't be seen as "good" marketing grounds.. Which can effect the sites ability to stay free, or even open.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
I didn't know that either.
And I don't just use it because of WI,
I use it for 95% of websites, since a lot of times, ads can lead to getting viruses.
Same
Ads can have viruses, and they make pages load slower. Add blocker is great, in my opinion.

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Most advertisements on the web are either pay-per-click, or pay-per-view. Google word ads usually are pay-per-click for example, and if someone clicks that link it registers as successful advertising & payment will be received.

Usually the companies can see how many clicks they receive, and even what sites their "click" came from.. That way they can focus their advertisement & marketing to that site or similar ones.

for pay-per-view ads... If you block ads from being seen, then the advertisement won't register as being viewed, the advertising company/product won't see it as being successful and the host site will receive less funding.

Just something to be aware of. I removed ad-block after learning how I was affecting sites I visit, especially the ones that use the ads to stay free! *No viruses here, but I don't visit a whole lot of sites outside my usual ones.

If everyone uses ad-block, sites like WI won't be seen as "good" marketing grounds.. Which can effect the sites ability to stay free, or even open.
Alright.
But WI is big, it's popular. I'm sure a few members blocking their ads won't affect it much, if at all.
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #26
Fallen Angel

punkin55555 is sweet stuff
punkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuffpunkin55555 is sweet stuff

my dad knows how to turn off ads on all websites pretty sick
punkin55555 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #27
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by punkin55555
my dad knows how to turn off ads on all websites pretty sick
Yep, it's probably some sort of ad removal program, like adblocker plus
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #28
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie

Does that mean if I keep clicking on a random ad I see on WI, I'm raising money every time I click?

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
It also takes money out of our pocket and I'd hate a single rogue advertisement to force people to get it. I'd much rather see people recommending a subscription to WI, as this will get rid of ads, and help us out.

This most definitely qualifies as a reason to get rid of that particular ad. We specifically subscribe to "no autoplay audio" ads. I will work on this right now.
Ok, thanks (:
000000005 is offline Male
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #29
huffs
Miafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguise
Miafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguise

Same
Ads can have viruses, and they make pages load slower. Add blocker is great, in my opinion.

Alright.
But WI is big, it's popular. I'm sure a few members blocking their ads won't affect it much, if at all.
I'm pretty sure Justin and MissGnomie know what they're talking about. :/ If they say it's going to affect it, then just leave it at that.
Miafire is offline Male
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

Adblocker plus works great, you don't have to see annoying ads on any other site also! Just make sure you don't block WW with it, or you won't get to win prizes from clubhouse rooms
pinky719 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, jellydonut!, jesus loves you!