Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
BC is a
Webkinz :)

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Default Ages

I see a lot of members on their profiles posting things like "Really? I'm only 10." and stuff like that.
It's not a good idea to tell your age because, in some people's cases, it can end friendships. Like, let's say you're a certain age and another member, your friend, is 4 years older than you. If you gave out your age you might feel uncomfortable talking to someone so much older than you and the other member might be like "oh, i don't want to be friends with a little kid."

Another point is that the person online that you're talking to might say he's a 14-year-old girl when really he's a 60 year old guy. Your safety is in danger when you give out personal information. Some people have been kidnapped due to this cause.

If someone does ask you your age, here are some things you can do:
-Keep it simple. Give them 2 numbers and say" I'm under 100 and over 0."
-Tell the person you aren't comfortable talking about this.
-Report them, it's you that draws the line

Last edited by smitchell; 02-03-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Maddiebear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Default Re: Ages

You are totally right!! Ugh! I want to give you rep!!! I will!! I'm sorry!!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Great point! And since you do not want a rep for this I will not give you one.

Last edited by gabbyz2; 02-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Fixing some grammar, spelling error
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Maddiebear
I see a lot of members on their profiles posting things like "Really? I'm only 10." and stuff like that.
It's not a good idea to tell your age because, in some people's cases, it can end friendships. Like, let's say you're a certain age and another member, your friend, is 4 years older than you. If you gave out your age you might feel uncomfortable talking to someone so much older than you and the other member might be like "oh, i don't want to be friends with a little kid."

Please don't give me rep for this, i'm not a rep hog like a lot of people here. I just want to make a point.
Good point, Maddie! There are other reasons why you should not post your age besides friendship reasons, but the fact that ages are showing up in Profile messages is not good. I don't know if the Mod's have the power to edit messages on the Profiles, so I'm going to flag this post for attention and see if someone higher up can give some suggestions about Profile Messages!
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
I may or may
Gifted

Ilovemom619 knows the way
Ilovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the way

Post Re: Ages

Please don't give me rep for this, i'm not a rep hog like a lot of people here. I just want to make a point.
It may end friendships but it is also personal information and you should not give out personal information

~~Ilovemom619
Ilovemom619 is offline Male
Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
BC is a

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Thanks you guys!
Maddiebear is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
cbbjmom

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

Very smart. and sorry for the little ones who dont know better but i report ANYONE ASKING SOMEONES AGE. that is a major no no on Wi.
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Just one thing. You said that this would end friendships. I think that is wrong. People shouldn't end friendships because they may be friends with a member who is way older or way yonger than them. Friendships shouldonly end if your mean to your friend or their mean to you. Friendships aren't about genders, ages, or looks, it is about the type of person the person you wold like to be friends with are.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
That's right I'm a

LJ99 will become famous soon enough

Excellent point! I agree! But the one thing is that that was (no offense) really mean to call some people "rep hogs" i'm sorry, but that was not really nice.How can you acuse people and like be so sure? But anyway good point. I'll prob. give u a rep too, sorry but it was a good point u made!

P.S. I only have like 3 reps....so I'm not a hog if thats what ur thinking. (not that u were)
Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Good point, I've seen posts were people give out their real names and ages and personal stuff, like the state they live in, and I always remind them "Don't give out personal info."
-wowewe
wowewe is offline Female
Closed