Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
derrie100
Webkinz :)

Derrie is on a distinguished road

Smile Age Forums

I think there should be some sub-sub-categories in open mike, like:

2-5
5-9
9-12
12-15
15-18
18+
Parents area

Just a thought, might need some tweaking, but it would be nice to be able to talk about more things!

Derrie is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Robotzo

Default Re: Age Forums

I don't know...

And, two to five year olds can't spell...
Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #3

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

That is a neat idea - but part of the fun of WI is the interaction between all ages. I like being able to talk with those younger, older and my age. I get all kinds of neat perspectives and learn all kinds of things from all ages!! I really don't believe there are many limitations with forums open to all ages. The only ones I could think of are for safety reasons, and those are important and would not change with these groups being put in.

Plus - how would it be implemented? in many ways it would not be safe.. with such defined age groups it would be easy to pick out how old someone is ... which wouldn't be safe and something WI strives to avoid doing.

Great thought though, thank you for sharing!
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
derrie100

View Post Originally Posted by Robotzo
I don't know...

And, two to five year olds can't spell...
well, it's just an example!
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

no, i don't think it's a good idea. we're very protective of everyone's safety, and it's just not a good idea to let anyone on the internet know your age, or even close to it.

sub forums like that would give it away too quickly.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
derrie100

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
That is a neat idea - but part of the fun of WI is the interaction between all ages. I like being able to talk with those younger, older and my age. I get all kinds of neat perspectives and learn all kinds of things from all ages!! I really don't believe there are many limitations with forums open to all ages. The only ones I could think of are for safety reasons, and those are important and would not change with these groups being put in.

Plus - how would it be implemented? in many ways it would not be safe.. with such defined age groups it would be easy to pick out how old someone is ... which wouldn't be safe and something WI strives to avoid doing.

Great thought though, thank you for sharing!
I understand, I just want to be able to talk more freely, and it could be implimented in the same way as the trading area (you are given permission, or it can be taken away)
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Posting your age or grade (even indicating whether you're in middle or high school) is against forum rules. So having an age based forum would give out data about our younger members that the moderators and admins strive so hard to keep private.

While in theory, it's a nice idea, it's quite unsafe in reality. Thanks for sharing though.
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

While it is a great idea, I don't think it work out to seperate by age groups. How about hobbies perhaps? Or maybe just simply have DCT A and DCT B, with just numerous threads for chatting so they don't get too busy. With various rooms, real conversations could actually be held.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
derrie100

View Post Originally Posted by sn0wwhite
no, i don't think it's a good idea. we're very protective of everyone's safety, and it's just not a good idea to let anyone on the internet know your age, or even close to it.

sub forums like that would give it away too quickly.
That is why I put variety in the numbers, rather than 1, 2, 3 ect

(and yes I know one year olds would not be on here, it is just an example)
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #10
Brazilgirl101
Gifted

dcfrog101 has a spectacular aura aboutdcfrog101 has a spectacular aura about

Good Idea. But... (and I know I sound like Fran correcting Twinkle from Higglytown Heroes) If the people were bad, then they would be bad, more. They could easily lie about their age. I personally do not like the division of anything on WI.
dcfrog101 is offline Female
Closed